Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Asatru-anarchy is the only sensible answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Asatru-anarchy is the only sensible answer.  (Read 3419 times)

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
Asatru-anarchy is the only sensible answer.
« on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:50 AM »

Discuss.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
Re: Asatru-anarchy is the only sensible answer.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

Russell Griswold

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:08 AM »

Thor kicks ass. I have a little Mjöllnir pendant that I bought many years ago.

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »

Yeah I'm not really asatru haha. I just love vikings and stuff.

I needs me a mjolnir pendant

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 02:06:05 PM »

It's easy for a libertarian atheist to see the benefit of Apollonian religions like paganism over Dionysian ("slave morality") ones like Christianity, and yet somehow the latter have triumphed throughout the Semitic and Indo-European cultures, later spreading to most of the world.  Could Natalism be the reason why?  If so, could paganism be combined with some sort of a Childless Tax to make it demographically competitive?  :lol:

Furthermore, is Ásatrú (Germanic Neopaganism) really better than other pagan traditions, like those of pre-Islamic Arabia or ancient Rome?  It's just a matter of aesthetics really...  One thing it will do is give the commie-tards an excuse to call us racists... :x

BTW - love that flag, DontTreadOnMike.  Thanks to giving me a reason to bump ye olde AnCap Flag thread;)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 02:11:01 PM by Alex Libman »

DontTreadOnMike

• View Profile
    • DontTreadOnMike Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

It's easy for a libertarian atheist to see the benefit of Apollonian religions like paganism over Dionysian ("slave morality") ones like Christianity, and yet somehow the latter have triumphed throughout the Semitic and Indo-European cultures, later spreading to most of the world.  Could Natalism be the reason why?  If so, could paganism be combined with some sort of a Childless Tax to make it demographically competitive?  :lol:

Furthermore, is Ásatrú (Germanic Neopaganism) really better than other pagan traditions, like those of pre-Islamic Arabia or ancient Rome?  It's just a matter of aesthetics really...  One thing it will do is give the commie-tards an excuse to call us racists... :x

BTW - love that flag, DontTreadOnMike.  Thanks to giving me a reason to bump ye olde AnCap Flag thread;)

Haha thanks!

Anyway I'm not really qualified t answer since I'm not actually an Asatruar. I can only talk about the discussion I've had with the 2 or 3 asatru followers that I've ever met.

One of them seemed to consider the gods to be a manifestation of human psychology. So when he worshipped he EVOKED the gods from within himself rather than INVOKED them as separate beings from a real spiritual realm. And he believed that it didn;t matter if you are asatru, believed in the celtic pantheon, the roman pantheon, etc. It's all the same. Just depends on your culture. I guess that would make him somewhat of an agnostic spiritualist?

The other two believed that the gods and spirits are real but similarly, it doesn't matter which pagan religion you followed. All different names for the same entities.

But I'm not really an authority on such things since I'm a christian. Actually I'm a LIBERAL christian who is considering becoming a christian-leaning agnostic that practices paganism for fun. WAT?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Asatru-anarchy is the only sensible answer.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 33 queries.