Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.  (Read 38373 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2012, 06:05:13 PM »

Gee, I'm sorta offended you didn't find a reason to rip on me, too.  You ripped on just about everyone else.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

Alaric was offered the opportunity to come back, no questions asked, by me, last night.

He has chosen not to and has withdrawn his AMP, which is his prerogative.

I'm gonna copypasta the same thing to you that I sent to him - (In part, the rest of the email was none of anyone else's business unless Alaric decides to come back and share.)

"...But I gotta tell ya - There's no conspiracy against you. There has been exactly one conversation among the mods about any of this stuff, and it's a thread in the mod section created by me, called "I'm not gonna be the one to ban Hellbilly."

I started that thread in October last year and there are maybe ten posts, most of which were from the last week, discussing that Splinter dude, who was a known (Banned) user.

You guys are reading way too much into mod actions and mod solidarity..."

"...I understand that among our type of people there is a tendency to look for corruption and abuse of power. I really really get that, there is also a tendency to see monsters where there *Are* no monsters.

Your call. On a personal note, if you decide to come back, wouldja please (EDIT - "Consider") what I've said and lay the fuck off of the mods? It really sucks I have to ask you that, and I'm asking that not as a mod, but as a human being talking to another human being. Nobody likes getting bitched at constantly."

The new TOS is in effect. Abusive people are gonna get banned from time to time. The definition of "Abusive" falls onto the shoulders of the mods. That's the way it is. I challenge you to compare negatively the tolerance level shown on this BBS by mods to almost anywhere else on the internet. You won't be able to beyond a couple fringe sites like 4chan. The BBS isn't a worm infested butthole like 4chan and hopefully never will be. Would be nice to have their numbers obviously, heh.

Just stop busting balls man. You're still shitting in people's laps. Go reread your last post. You were basically bitching out one person after another by name and critiquing/insulting them. If you keep chronically doing that someone is gonna haul off and ban you, either temp or perma. I refuse to do it personally because I'm not gonna take the fucking flack and have another user take up the mantle of designated oppressed victim over it.

But I will do this - Every time you bitch about mods, individually or as a group, Imma post the word *DING* and make a slashmark in my sig.

Now knock it the fuck off already. Jesus.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2012, 06:27:36 PM »

Gee, I'm sorta offended you didn't find a reason to rip on me, too.  You ripped on just about everyone else.

I didn't mention anyone who isn't a mod... so why ask this?

Did you want to be fair and acknowledge that I have also been ripped on?

Did you miss the bits where I said I'm not offended by BJ or Shaw, if it turns out they did the bans?

Am I not supposed to say anything about the obvious because those who I am "ripping on" are Mods? Mods who have said explicitly that they do not wish to be treated differently because they are mods? Yet who act differently (Specifically Joy & Brasky) ?

Are you not saying anything critical about it because you think I'm wrong or because you don't want to be the next person singled out, like alaric has been? things changed for me here after I objected to the harassment of/banning of Richard, Alex, Dragline and a couple others. Now alaric gets a ban because he objected to my ban. Pattern not clear to you yet?

Since you asked though - I'm surprised you're still here. You've been here ;longer than I, harassed more and seem to have just taken it, yet still you aren't treated warmly.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »

It's good that you invited alaric back. Would be better for whomever banned him to invite him back and admit their mistake.

I'm perfectly aware that I critiqued people by name. It was you who asked me not to collectivize the mods. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. It's best to call people out by name.

It was you who asked me not to treat anyone differently because they are a mod, yet you say:
"But I will do this - Every time you bitch about mods, individually or as a group, Imma post the word *DING* and make a slashmark in my sig. "

...eh? You do see that this makes no sense, right?

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2012, 06:48:10 PM »

I'm perfectly aware that I critiqued people by name. It was you who asked me not to collectivize the mods. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. It's best to call people out by name.

Yeah, because I want you to do both. By that I mean - Quit yer bitchin'. Nobody is out to get you. Frankly, I was given the offer to make your ban permanent just due to your name change during the last dustup. Bans are gonna happen on the BBS occasionally. This is seriously something you're gonna have to come to grips with because the constant griping is gonna eventually come to a head.

It was you who asked me not to treat anyone differently because they are a mod, yet you say:
"But I will do this - Every time you bitch about mods, individually or as a group, Imma post the word *DING* and make a slashmark in my sig. "

...eh? You do see that this makes no sense, right?

I was trying to lighten the mood. It obviously didn't go over as well as I thought it would. Sorry. If you seriously thought that I would monitor your every post you're... Whatever. It was a joke, man. I was trying to get you to imagine how many dings you'd earn and consider the possibility that this is more about you thinking that you're being persecuted than it being about you actually being persecuted.

BonerJoe

« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2012, 07:06:43 PM »

QUITCHERFUCKIN BITCHIN

Alaric will come back.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »

Nobody is out to get you.

Nobody is out to get you. Frankly, I was given the offer to make your ban permanent just due to your name change during the last dustup.

Everything hinges on those two simple points.

Simple to follow:

1. Because of my name change, I was targeted. I am being targeted. Reference Joy's mistake.

2. The name change explicitly showed that the "anti bigotry" policy completely disregarded any slur that applied to any individual other than black folks. It was apparently designed to protect the feelings of only those who may be offended by slurs targeting black folks. That is not anti bigotry. No one has acknowledged that, yet it's obvious.

I'm not angry. I don't dislike any of you. I have lost some respect for the four of you. I didn't initiate the aggression. It can be said I was aggressive towards Brasky in changing my name while he was on guard. It should be obvious that the point I made in doing so is a valid one and I make no apologies for that. There was no debate over the name change, as there would have been if Brasky hadn't had the means to shitcan me. Instead I was restricted to posting in the Rubber Room where Brasky proceeded to edit the text of my posts within, adding "Cocks" or something.

I don't understand how anyone can be confused by that. That's exactly how it went down. If anyone thinks otherwise, show me where I've said something that isn't true. "Quit your whining" doesn't cover it.

edit:
I should add: if I had treated any one of you the way you've treated me, and you just sat there and took it, I'd lose all respect for you. I'm sure you can relate.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:35:32 PM by hellbilly »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »

1. Because of my name change, I was targeted. I am being targeted. Reference Joy's mistake.

No. No no no. That was two days ago after you got banned. Ian and I had an email exchange, and he asked me if you were "The racist." and I said "He is the one who changed his name to X." (Which I will not repeat)

He said "I'll let you decide."

That was Ian, asking about racism, two days ago, and giving me the discretion to deal with you. Not some ongoing thing.

Reference Joy's mistake.

Joy didn't make a mistake. She said "If that was Hellbilly..." You and Alaric were in the middle of ruckusing. She assumed it was one of you rather than a joke out of left field from Sam, a person who wasn't really involved directly in said ruckus. She speculated. That's all.

Joy sits back and watches people she gets along with well take shit all the time. I was surprised that she got angry because she is usually the most even tempered person on the board and all of this bullshit has finally actually managed to piss her off.

2. The name change explicitly showed that the "anti bigotry" policy completely disregarded any slur that applied to any individual other than black folks. It was apparently designed to protect the feelings of only those who may be offended by slurs targeting black folks. That is not anti bigotry. No one has acknowledged that, yet it's obvious.

We're not discussing this topic again. Ever. Have it with someone else. Go to Stormfront or wherever.

"And the rest."

Dude... What part of -

F. Chronic expressions of direct abuse toward a collective ethnic group of people will not be tolerated. If you collectivize a group of people by their genotype and make directly negative comments about said group you are treading thin ice.  The determination of the words “Ethnic group” and “Chronic” shall be left to the discretion of the moderators.

don't you understand?

As for your particular situation, "Ethnic group" has been clearly determined. "Direct" and "Chronic" have not, which is why you're still here. 

I will be willing to discuss the perceived enmity between yourself and "THE MODS" - But you and I are not going to have further talks:

A: Race

B: Language lawyering the TOS to find exemptions.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »

Yes. Yes, yes. I have been targeted since the name change. And before that as well. No use in denying it... otherwise how would I have been branded as "the racist" ? For 5 years or so.

Of course Ian meant me by asking if I am "the racist". Still waiting for someone to back up that claim. I'm sure to say some things that people don't like or agree with - but show a single racist word from me. Of course you won't discuss the issue. You've invested years into painting a portrait of me as a racist yet there isn't one instance of me making racist remarks. Easier to make yourself feel like a champ by calling names rather than having a discussion.

Don't answer but, why won't you repeat the slurs I used in my name change? If they're offensive, and if you are a Mod, and are appalled by offensive remarks on a personal level.. it would seem we share the same point of view on those slurs. So why didn't you insist they be added to the anti bigotry word filter? Kinda like I did. As a Mod with hardcore principles regarding bigotry I would expect more from you. Just a thought.

Joy's words do not match your quote. Calling me out because she apparently doesn't understand the complexities of the Mod control panel *is* a mistake. Cliques are neat... in middle school.

If I get an email with a report on this post, I'm going to assume it's hellbilly and ban him myself, eliminating the need for that I don't want to be the one to ban hellbilly thread.

BonerJoe

« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2012, 11:39:42 PM »

And you wonder why I banned hellbilly for trolling.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2012, 11:56:52 PM »

And you wonder why I banned hellbilly for trolling.

Did I?

Seriously though, this whole conversation is me trying to put an end to this bullshit without anyone getting banned.

I wouldn't be having the conversation if all I wanted to do was be rid of him rather than convince him to stop acting like an ass.

<<<Trying and admittedly failing.

Dude is certain he's being persecuted to the point where he's constantly lashing out and then shouts that his feelings of persecution are justified when people he's constantly lashing out at tell him off.

Starting to wonder if I'm being milked for lulz at this point now though. Wouldn't be the first (Or probably last) time I've been suckered that way.

It's like

Hellbilly - "Bitch bitch bitch TYRANTS bitch bitch!"

Me - "Yeah, you gotta stop bitching, seriously."

Hellbilly - "SEE EVERYONE?!?! SEE HIM OPPRESSING ME?"

Me - "Jesus fucking Christ shut up already."

Hellbilly - "HELP HELP I'M BEING REPRESSED!!!"

*sigh*

Hellbilly - If you just drop it, abide by the TOS, and don't fucking language lawyer and we have no problems.

Keep bitching and this thread eventually gets deleted. Tired of this shit.

BonerJoe

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »

I'd bet a handjob that him and Babalagutz are laughing like schoolgirls on IM.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »

I'd bet a handjob that him and Babalagutz are laughing like schoolgirls on IM.

Come on man, I'm trying to keep this vaguely in the realm of "Civil".

I'll continue to try to give him the benefit of the doubt until I'm convinced he's just trying to bum me out for fun.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:52 AM »

Its funny how as we get closer to the truth, the more obnoxious people become. 

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 26, 2012, 03:13:39 AM »

I propose everybody drop all hostilities, for now.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.