Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.  (Read 38355 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:31 PM »

John, as long as you continue to respond to this it's never going to end.

Uhh.. might want to review how things have gone since.... I'm the one responding. It's the perpetual cycle of defending myself. It's easy to make idle claims, not so easy to back them up.

Feel free to rebut any part of what I said and prove it false. Or keep bullshittin.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »

It says who reported it right in the e-mail body.

It was Admiral Jewsmith.

For the record, Joy, I've not once ever reported a post. Actually I did once but it was a joke and the mod knew it right away.

A question for the mods though - is it acceptable for a Moderator to amend a forum member's name in such a manner as this? Oh. Golly.

Especially considering that the admirable Admiral is of the Jewish faith?

Was that 3 Mod Failures in a row?

One uses a slur that I had not used previously, the dreaded "N Word". I don't know if the Admiral was offended by "Nigger" or "Kike", but I do know that at some point of the two words only the word "Nigger" was considered offensive enough to filter.

Another Mod displays her failure in deduction skills with a post blaming me for adding to the drama. Gee whiz I just can't figure out why.

And then a third Mod corrects the second Mod but slips in a slightly naughty jab at the fellow who may have been offended at the first Mods terminology.

Wow.
Actually it wasn't me.  BJ is just stirring up crap.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2012, 03:09:07 AM »

Bj lied about somebody!?
Go ahead and fucking let that slide you bunch of fucks.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2012, 03:18:48 AM »

Bj lied about somebody!?

IMAGE DELETED because I was an ass and forgot to remove Sam's Email addy.

Apologies should probably be in order.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:38:55 AM by John Shaw »
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:53 AM »

Looks like I was wrong. Sorry.
I am done here.

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:38 AM »

Bj lied about somebody!?

Apologies should probably be in order.
Wrong post in the wrong thread. I jokingly reported a post you made to point out inconsistencies. I had nothing to do with that other post and do not appreciate you posting my e-mail address. Thought you were a friend John.
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2012, 06:37:56 AM »

Wrong post in the wrong thread. I jokingly reported a post you made to point out inconsistencies. I had nothing to do with that other post and do not appreciate you posting my e-mail address. Thought you were a friend John.

Aw hell. I wasn't trying to call you out for anything, man, and I wasn't try to expose your email. Someone called mods liars about the reported post. I was just providing evidence.  

I apologize and I'll delete the image. FWIW it was posted at 3am and only a couple people would have seen it.

EDIT- Wait - this whole thing was in regards to you reporting my comment in tomfops TOS thread. Right? That is the post you reported. (I got the joke)

Bonerjoe said that you made the post when Joy got mad, which is true. The point of the whole thing was that BJ didn't want Joy banning Hellbilly for an action he didn't take. Also - I knew you were just busting balls so I didn't chime in. Hopefully that clears some things up.

Unless I am missing something...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:59:46 AM by John Shaw »

• A Cut Above The Rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2012, 04:22:06 PM »

Aw hell. I wasn't trying to call you out for anything, man, and I wasn't try to expose your email. Someone called mods liars about the reported post. I was just providing evidence.  

I apologize and I'll delete the image. FWIW it was posted at 3am and only a couple people would have seen it.

EDIT- Wait - this whole thing was in regards to you reporting my comment in tomfops TOS thread. Right? That is the post you reported. (I got the joke)

Bonerjoe said that you made the post when Joy got mad, which is true. The point of the whole thing was that BJ didn't want Joy banning Hellbilly for an action he didn't take. Also - I knew you were just busting balls so I didn't chime in. Hopefully that clears some things up.

Unless I am missing something...
I'm sure there's just miscommunication here.  I believe we were discussing different posts.  I never reported any post by anyone else except the one you in fact specified.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »

I'm sure there's just miscommunication here.  I believe we were discussing different posts.  I never reported any post by anyone else except the one you in fact specified.

Well again I apologize because I wasn't trying to misrepresent you or anything.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »

Is or was hellbilly banned?
If so, who did it and why?

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »

God damn it.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »

Wasn't me and I have no idea who.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2012, 06:13:57 PM »

I honestly don't know what to do.
It isn't my style to tattle on people, and just keep your mouth shut BJ, I hate back stabbing shit spreaders more than anything. Two years ago, I was just getting into the whole libertarian thing and was putting minorities on pedestals- including bisexuals, normally I am not reasonable with problematic rumour spreaders at all. I have since learned to judge everybody do to their actions. I think you are a repugnant bully, and I don't see how anyone would ever trust you. After what you did to the Christian Anarchist, I can't believe Ian gave you your stars back.
I have my own methods of dealing with real life bullies, believe it or not I usually do not complain more then once, but reading back on this thread I do indeed look like a whiny pussy.
I give quite a bit of money to FTL and I don't like the "bouncers" in the cafe intimidating me or my friends. If I felt that way about a bar I frequented it would only be fair to let the bar owner know why I didn't want to be there anymore.
Yes I like LRN, but I am sick of trying to make this BBS a nice place to be and having to wince at some mod action every week or so. I assume the bar owner in this instance will tell me to fuck off and I don't really blame him, Ian doesn't like to get advice from his customers, and neither do I actually. (but I pretend to  :D, I am not Ian level principled)
But in all honesty many think I am wrong and I do not trust my temper, Joys "Yeah leave if you feel uncomfortable, but you should keep right on paying." post irritates me the most I think.
I find this post embarrassing when I read back through it. I will post it anyway because I want people to see that I don't like any of this either. It fucking sucks.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2012, 09:11:29 PM »

In all fairness, this is the only BBS (that I know of anyway), where you can have a huge disagreement with the moderators, right or wrong, doesn't matter, and not get banned in like 2 seconds. Trust me, I've been kicked out of PLENTY of em for far less than the things I do here at least once a month.

I'm not here to stick up for anyone or take sides either way, because I think everyone needs to chill and not get so worked up, on both sides.

It's pretty easy here.

Just stating that fact.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

Nothing I can say would be more effective than what's been done. True colors have never been brighter and each point I've made about power tripping Mods has been proven without a doubt. Great job.

I'm not saying that entirely regarding my own ban but mostly regarding alaric's. There's no way to justify that.

My guesses regarding who's doing the bans, and why, are:

It's BJ having some slightly sadistic fun in an attempt to put a damper on the fuss. If that's the case I can appreciate it to a degree. I have a good sense of humor even when I'm the target, and I'm a bit of a sadist myself so I get the joke. But it's still lame. As long as he continues doing his part in providing reparations, I support the lad.

Or it's Brasky pulling more of the "silent type" macho guy stuff. That I can't get into. I am the silent type, but consider the whole macho/alpha male/drunken beatnik role playing kinda sad. If you're gonna be obscure, ya gotta keep the material fresh, so said the Chinaman who sleeps on a cot at the grocery store or something, for the 12th time.

Joy put her (running) foot in her mouth already. And it just ain't ladylike to have such misplaced aggression. So I doubt it's her. But I am curently at odds with her beau, so who knows.

Shaw wouldn't ban alaric for his practically non-existent part in the whole thing. He mighta banned me but I don't think so. Despite our history I think Shaw is just a little classier than that. I can credit him to an extent - he truly doesn't like some things I've said and has interacted with me accordingly and has been open about it. I make no apologies for anything I've said and have extended the invitation to have someone correct me if I'm wrong. So at least there's nothing unclear about where he and I stand, unlike the others.

quickmike is too level headed & collected to have done so.

So I guess that just leaves blackie. Motherfuckin blackie. Nah.. don't think so.

Doesn't matter. My time here is short.

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Apparently, I best be watchin' mah step, boss.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.