Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?  (Read 1111 times)

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?
« on: January 19, 2014, 02:51:05 AM »

I am not sure when this came out, just that it was in the last year ... We rented it on a whim b/c my gf likes Meryl  Streep. I guess she's ok .. seen her play some good roles. Anyways, the whole movie kind of took me by surprise ... Talk about dysfunctional families, these folks were poster material and then some. Went to bed feeling a little weird and a lot shitty  Lol.

I thought it was good as far as the acting/storyline and such. Without knowing any background about it's production I'd take a guess that someone wasn't just making this crap up .. ugh !

So if you saw it, what did you think ? Again not up on these things, but I think Streep was up for an Oscar in this. Not sure.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:06:32 AM »

I may eventually check it out if it's on Netflix streaming, or gets on it at some point.

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
Re: Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:58 PM »

Yea, it's def worth it. It's got a great cast imo and as rather sad as it may be overall, the story does hold your interest till the end. Mostly b/c you're thinking what the hell can happen to this family next. And now as I think, each person in this extended family has something wrong going on -- past or present. hmm ~ maybe I'll give it another go in a few days.
Thanks for replying !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anyone see "August: Osage County" ? Thoughts ?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 31 queries.