Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Any advice for stopping drinking?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any advice for stopping drinking?  (Read 8775 times)

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Any advice for stopping drinking?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 01:51:51 AM »

Nice. 

I used to have a rather large concrete basement, with a recliner, good speakers in 4-way.  Front and rear speakers. 

Thats where I first got Picture of Nectar, good times.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 12:22:02 PM »

I believe that higher power is actually us, and therefore, we are our own gods.  To which we pray, save us from alcohol.

Perhaps I'm a failed god, then. Insomnia was an issue but I didn't die. Also trying to quit soda and junk food because weight gain is a big part of the problem. It has been over a week without any of that and weight is going down.

I thought you said up there that it gives you negative thoughts.
Drinking is full while doing it. Being hung over isn't fun. Knowing that you are getting fat, hurting your health, were rude to people the previous day and so on isn't fun.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

earthbrown8

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:14:52 PM »

I want to stop drinking also. I been struggling with addiction issues most of my life. In and put of rebab 7 times. Went to AA. Got over two years sober. Relapsed in 06 and havnt gotten more than three months without a drink since then. My life isn't totally unmanageable but I gotta stop drinking so much. I don't cause problems but my drinking just dosnt make me feel good so much Anymore. It's so hard to Sri though. When I'm sober I want to drink and when I'm drunk and unhappy I want to be sober. Good luck. I like a recovery podcast called recovery 101 and one called recovered. I don't feel AA is for me anymore but do find listening to them discuss how they stay sober is helpful.
Good luck.

libman.org

• irrepressible
    • View Profile
    • Tent City Movement
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »

Don't.

david7777

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 08:57:04 PM »

Go to
http://www.smartrecovery.org/
http://www.smartrecovery.org/resources/index.htm
http://www.smartrecovery.org/resources/toolchest.htm

"SMART Recovery - Self Management for Addiction Recovery
"Discover the Power of Choice!"

SMART Recovery is the leading self-empowering addiction recovery support group. Our participants learn tools for addiction recovery based on the latest scientific research and participate in a world-wide community which includes free, self-empowering, science-based mutual help groups.

The SMART Recovery 4-Point ProgramŽ helps people recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors, including: drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, prescription drug abuse, and problem addiction to other substances and activities. SMART Recovery sponsors face-to-face meetings around the world, and daily online meetings. In addition, our online message board and 24/7 chat room are excellent forums to learn about SMART Recovery and obtain addiction recovery support."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Any advice for stopping drinking?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 31 queries.