Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anthony Greene, a six-foot, 300-lb lawyer went to the Grand Rapids Police...
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anthony Greene, a six-foot, 300-lb lawyer went to the Grand Rapids Police...  (Read 1940 times)

ox

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile

"Well, Lt. Barber became very arrogant, you know, very very arrogant with me, like, look I don't have to answer your questions, this is the way we do it. You don't like it, you know, that's just like too bad. So I responded to him, you know, you're really being [an] asshole. And he took great exception to that....He said to me, `You can't talk to me like that in my building.' I said to him — I responded, I said, `What do you mean I can't talk to you like this in your building.'  I said, `This is ...' — this is — `I'm exercising my freedom of speech.' I said, `This is the United States of America and we have freedom of speech here and if you don't like it you should move to another country.'

[He answered], `Well, not in my building,' again, very adamantly. `Not in my building,' just like that. And that's when I told him, I said, `Well, if that's how you feel you're really stupid.' And that's when he turned to me and said, `You're under arrest.'"

When one of the officers took his arm, Mr. Greene testified, "things just went ballistic." The upshot was that he was sprayed with oleoresin capsicum (commonly known as pepper spray) while both of his arms were being held by the officers. Blinded by the chemical agent, he began stumbling across the lobby...Mr. Greene was charged with creating a disturbance, in violation of Grand Rapids Code Section 9.137, and with hindering and opposing a police officer. A Michigan jury ultimately acquitted him of both charges.

Anthony C. GREENE, Plaintiff-Appellant,
v.
Jack BARBER, Edward Hillyer, Victor Gillis, William Hegarty, and the City of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Defendants-Appellees.

No. 01-1247.

United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit.

Argued: August 1, 2002.

Decided and Filed: November 8, 2002.

Riddler

an 8 yr old (boring) story?
whats your point?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick

an 8 yr old (boring) story?
whats your point?

I watched the frost melt off the grass.

This just happened........................... today.

Happy now? :lol:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:09:45 AM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

AOD_Horseman

• Yours Truly
    • View Profile

Grand Rapids police are usually more neutral-bad than outright terrible, but I imagine the higher-ups are pretty nasty. The Staties are where the real bastards are.
Bushi no ichi-gon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anthony Greene, a six-foot, 300-lb lawyer went to the Grand Rapids Police...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.