Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  And to Ian
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: And to Ian  (Read 7643 times)

steelache

• View Profile
And to Ian
« on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:53 PM »

The great man of racial equanimity, Ian Freeman, has suggested in the past that people who want to live in a racially homogeneous environment desire that everyone be "the same." Are all black people the same, Ian? Or is it just bland white people that are a uniform blob?
I want to live in a place where my nieces can attend a school where they aren't dehumanized as "white girl", daily. And if it did happen it would be nice if the school administrators would acknowledge a problem rather than suggest its part of the culture of the black student and has to be accepted.
I want ALL people to be safe, happy, vibrant, and successful. Multiracial societies are so dysfunctional that those criterion can never be met. The same can be said of ethnically and religiously diverse communities as well.

SeanD

• View Profile
Re: And to Ian
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 12:55:55 AM »

So then are you saying you want the Whites segregated from the Blacks segregated from the Browns segregated from the Yellows segregated from the Reds?  Are you going to suggest 1 color superior to another?

How about sexes?  Do they need to be separated too except when otherwise required like for sex (since I also imagine you are against the gays) or making you a damn sammich?

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:06:43 AM »

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

CertainQuirk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:43:28 AM »

I've been listening to the show since '07-ish now, and for all these years, the way that the FTL guests, Mark, and Ian in particular, have handled the racial issue is one that is most disappointing. Ian, for example , who is normally an exceptionally principled, fact based, and logically consistent beacon, when discussing such issues will almost instantly turn to mush, refuse to listen to or present factual evidence, and begin attacking the caller's credibility. There's literally a change in his mood, voice, and all 'round demeanor.

I'm offended by racism, prejudice and bigotry, but there *IS* a fine line where fact and bias meet, and I'm equally offended by a person's subconscious or willful ignorance of it.

Here's a familiar example: There are particular neighborhoods in America that have been documented with a far greater than average incidence of violent crimes. Those crimes have also been documented to be predominately committed by the inhabitants of the same neighborhoods, and the inhabitants have been documented to be predominately of one particular race, nationality or religious group, etc. These particular facts are not bigoted smear campaigns, they are simply facts.

It does not make a person prejudiced or bigoted to state these facts, and it is slanderous to portray that person as such, but that is the general course of attention that callers to the show are given. It is ugly and FTL, of all people, should understand this.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »

I think they balanced things pretty well on Saturday all things considered.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:56:24 PM »

Note that Ian said he likes diversity, but supports their freedom of association.  So do I.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:58:39 PM »

I've been listening to the show since '07-ish now, and for all these years, the way that the FTL guests, Mark, and Ian in particular, have handled the racial issue is one that is most disappointing. Ian, for example , who is normally an exceptionally principled, fact based, and logically consistent beacon, when discussing such issues will almost instantly turn to mush, refuse to listen to or present factual evidence, and begin attacking the caller's credibility. There's literally a change in his mood, voice, and all 'round demeanor.

I'm offended by racism, prejudice and bigotry, but there *IS* a fine line where fact and bias meet, and I'm equally offended by a person's subconscious or willful ignorance of it.

Here's a familiar example: There are particular neighborhoods in America that have been documented with a far greater than average incidence of violent crimes. Those crimes have also been documented to be predominately committed by the inhabitants of the same neighborhoods, and the inhabitants have been documented to be predominately of one particular race, nationality or religious group, etc. These particular facts are not bigoted smear campaigns, they are simply facts.

It does not make a person prejudiced or bigoted to state these facts, and it is slanderous to portray that person as such, but that is the general course of attention that callers to the show are given. It is ugly and FTL, of all people, should understand this.

I call bullshit.  You're pretending there's justice in the justice system, which you would have to do to believe their numbers correlate to the numbers of actual crimes.

CertainQuirk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »

I call bullshit.  You're pretending there's justice in the justice system, which you would have to do to believe their numbers correlate to the numbers of actual crimes.

I would call you in denial. Everyone who's lived in a major city knows "that" part of town, whether it's white, black, somewhere in between or whatever.  If I were to take you to some places I know and push you out of my car after dark (without a gun) you'd squeal like a pig, just like any being with any common sense would.

BTW, no one's debating the causes. Lack of freemarket opportunity, good education, IRRATIONAL prejudice and bigotry, and many others have contributed to much of the environment and culture that these places are. The sad facts remain though, and again, if you wish to deny them then that's your business.

I would venture that FTL has lost listeners due to this disconnect. It's their business. I listen anyway. It's like a restaurant where I know what to order and what not. I'll pass on the Kenneth frequency special, but I'd love to have a red-faced Mark smothered in statist loyalty, thanks.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:12:14 PM »

If I were to take you to some places I know and push you out of my car after dark (without a gun) you'd squeal like a pig, just like any being with any common sense would.

Thats when you rip your clothes off, rub your own feces on your chest and run down the street claiming you're the queen of england at the top of your lungs.

Nobody likes to fuck with crazy people if they have a choice.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:13:52 PM by quickmike »

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:05 PM »

Inhale... ahhhhh.... My goodness it's good to hear from others with solid common sense.

steelache & CertainQuirk have got it right. Unfortunately, this being the BBS that it is, that doesn't mean their input will be valued. So for those two, be prepared for the usual.. you'll be fingered as a racist in place of legitimate discussion.

Haven't listened to Saturday's show so thanks for the tip Alaric.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »

If I were to take you to some places I know and push you out of my car after dark (without a gun) you'd squeal like a pig, just like any being with any common sense would.

Thats when you rip your clothes off, rub your own feces on your chest and run down the street claiming you're the queen of england at the top of your lungs.

If you'd go to that length rather than admit a certain neighborhood sucks and admit you wouldn't want to be caught dead there, then that's up to you. There's plenty of ghettos in most urban and some rural areas. To be honest, trailer parks loaded with white trash are as bad or worse than certain inner city areas.

I agree with some of the posters here that Ian and Stephanie, in particular, take a specific approach to racial matters like someone that goes out of their way ten miles to prove they're not a bigot despite nobody leveling any accusations against them in the first place.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »

If you'd go to that length rather than admit a certain neighborhood sucks and admit you wouldn't want to be caught dead there, then that's up to you.

No, im assuming you pushed me out of your car and left me stranded in the ghetto.

Sometimes you have to improvise.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:07 PM »

Thx for putting me in your bull, bro.
You, not so much for your stupid crap. But, u said it.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:17 PM »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 03:43:45 AM »

Soldiers are going postal and killing innocent toddlers in Afghanistan and even the liberty people are discussing racism. The skill of the people in the ministry of propaganda amazes even me. Keep your eye on the fucking ball people.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  And to Ian

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.