Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ancient Aliens torn asunder
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient Aliens torn asunder  (Read 11716 times)

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ancient Aliens torn asunder
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:36:06 AM »

A thorough and satisfying bitchslapping of Ancient Aliens. 

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

Ancient Aliens Debunked - (full movie) HD

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Ancient Aliens torn asunder
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:53:06 AM »

Does it need to be bitch-slapped?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »

Looking forward to watching this. I've got a buddy that's an über-theorist, talks about the 33rd-degree Masons he's met, etc., and buys into this ancient aliens stuff pretty heavily. My attitude has always been that I don't really care a whole lot unless it can be made relevant to my daily life--and I really don't have any investment in "believing" or "disbelieving." Kinda nice to see a rebuttal from time to time to balance the stuff out, because it is sora "interesting." My favorite is the ancient airplane, and correspondingly images that can only be made out from the sky.

Ski Killington

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »

Kaicielia BlueDragon

• Priestess of Mischief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:53:30 PM »

I like watching the show, mostly because I love "what if" scenarios.  That orange-tan guy, however, talks like a revival preacher.  I think he really believes everything he's saying is truth, not just possibility.

--Of course it wasn't a dragon, that's just silly.  What it was was a rocket from space!--
I think I read that somewhere...

Ski Killington

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

I think its a mistranslation to suggest the Ancients were depicting their gods as actual earth visiting aliens when the confusion may lie where they were expressing visitation of spiritual archetypes.

Greeks and Romans also expressed Gods in form of archetypes....

Greece - Quest for the Gods

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »

Does it need to be bitch-slapped?

Yes, I'm afraid it does.

When you can go through something like that, chapter and verse, and systematically dismantle it piece by agonizing piece, it is to be applauded.

That was by far the best debunking I've ever seen.  It was fucking beautiful, man.

I want to lick that guys brain like a psychedelic toad. 

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:46 AM »

Looking forward to watching this. I've got a buddy that's an über-theorist, talks about the 33rd-degree Masons he's met, etc., and buys into this ancient aliens stuff pretty heavily. My attitude has always been that I don't really care a whole lot unless it can be made relevant to my daily life--and I really don't have any investment in "believing" or "disbelieving." Kinda nice to see a rebuttal from time to time to balance the stuff out, because it is sora "interesting." My favorite is the ancient airplane, and correspondingly images that can only be made out from the sky.

To be honest, I like the (Ancient Aliens) show for entertainment value.  It shows oddities, and the inexplicable remnants of ancient cultures, which is pretty cool.  No doubt.  It raises stimulating questions about their origins and purposes, and curious insights into their beliefs and practices.  Also cool.

And its perfectly true, aliens probably do exist.  It is mathematically probable.  The Rothschilds DO exist, it is factually certain.  They are part of the New World Order, and we are more than likely being environmentally poisoned by globalist monsters. 

But when you finish every statement with "This can only mean one thing..."  ...it deserves a fresh pair of eyes. 

If you've watched the program by now, you'll probably find the following agreeable: 

One of the things I was most pleased by was how casual and almost apologetic the guy was, yet so precise and thorough.  It was a devastating blow to the whole Ancient Aliens phenomenon, writ large.  But it was still totally respectful towards the wonders themselves, and he simply offered plausible explanations to some really mind-boggling shit.

The guy offered a little-known (at least to me) alternative to the building of the pyramids, for fucks sake. 

From the standpoint of debate, the dude beat the dogshit out of Ancient Aliens.  And sometimes, when you see that form really well done, like an aficianado of the arts, you applaud it. 

Then you post it on your favorite message board, and let unspoken parallels be drawn.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:08 AM »

I like watching the show, mostly because I love "what if" scenarios.  

I want to know a person is thinking "what if", but I don't wanna hear them say it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:31:45 AM by Defendant »

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 05:48:52 AM »

I guess I just never had much interest in those shows, always dismissed them before watching, and so wasn't aware how badly it needed to be bitch-slapped.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 08:03:07 AM »

I guess I just never had much interest in those shows, always dismissed them before watching, and so wasn't aware how badly it needed to be bitch-slapped.

Its understandable, since you have a life. 

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:05 AM »

I SORTA have a life, so I still wanna know, what about that one carving amongst the Egyptian hieroglyphics that shows the guy in the moon walking suit with the helmet and tubes coming out of it?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »

Its understandable, since you have a life. 

I wouldn't go THAT far. I would just suggest that my distractions from having a life are different from yours.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »

Sadly, the Ancient Aliens stuff was on "educational" television, which is why it caught me for the first twenty minutes. The claims were so outrageous from the start that it caught me for a couple episodes. I guess "entertaining" is a good call.

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »

I SORTA have a life, so I still wanna know, what about that one carving amongst the Egyptian hieroglyphics that shows the guy in the moon walking suit with the helmet and tubes coming out of it?

Theres a couple of those.  One Aztec, or some shit..  Another, Asiatic Indian. 

I guess the explanation goes, they're a classic form found in many of their funeral depictions, and it symbolizes the person with the underworld below them, their body in our dimension, and the heavens above.  They're in transition between worlds, with one foot in one world, and ascending to another.

Or something like that.

I'm not pretending to be an expert in anything, just by watching a three-hour YouTube video.  But the guy offers a pretty good alternative theory. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ancient Aliens torn asunder

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.