Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anarchist Book Project
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Anarchist Book Project  (Read 7823 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Anarchist Book Project
« on: July 20, 2009, 03:38:44 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=77741917910&ref=ts

Anarchist Book Project

Nathan Revercomb and Arash Karimi are co-authoring a book on Anarchism. Topics covered will be Leaders, Schools of Thought, Critiques, Anarchist Groups, Anarchist Movements etc...

However in true Anarchist fashion we wish to make half of the book a collective effort as the second half of the book will hopefully be comprised of essays by fellow Anarchists

*Essays due by January 2010 (the sooner we get them the better)

*LET US KNOW WHAT THE TOPIC OF YOUR ESSAY(S) WILL BE

*No word limit on essays the longer the better

*Your name will be associated with your essay in the book, however we cannot promise every essay will be included

*Essay acceptance will be based on collective decision making. Each contributor will receive one vote per an essay. This will happen sometime after the January 2010 deadline and time will be allotted for minor revisions and discussions of each essay. There will be another deadline for the revision/discussion process. There has of yet been no decision as to when exactly. We will inform you as to when this will happen before January.

*After the January 2010 deadline for essay submissions, anyone who has not submitted an essay, photos, illustrations or who is not involved in the editing process in any way will be removed from the group and the group will be made private.

*The deadline for voting on essays will be announced at some point, probably after the January 2010 deadline.

If we submit a whole lotta an-cap essays, then thats what it'll be full of.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Anarchist Book Project
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »

I'm hoping for some assistance ya'all.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:36:55 PM »

An anarchist book...  Why not a cook-book:lol:

I'm not an anarchist, I'm a libertarian capitalist.  Anarchy is for juvenile delinquents.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »

Well if you dont want to contribute to the intellectual community and would rather remain an obscure troll amongst trolls.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 01:37:56 AM »

(1)  Just helping you bump your thread.

(2)  Expressing my dislike for the A-word.

(3)  "Obscure troll amongst trolls"...  May I borrow that phrase for my tombstone?  :lol:

(4)  The first step is to get a cheap hosting account and set up a Wiki.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:41:10 AM by Alex Libman 2012 »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:25:00 AM »

Good idea, and I understand your dislike for the word, but the topic is Anarchism, covering nearly all forms and famous anarchist thinkers. I really would like it if some of you submitted works.

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 05:35:10 AM »

Let me get this straight...

You're posting on an Internet forum....

to encourage people who don't like centralization...

and, by definition, don't believe in intellectual property...

to join your "private" effort to write and publish a physical book...

and in your introduction you don't mention what makes you qualified to lead this project.

Do you have fame, money, prior writing experience, money, a relationship with a publisher, or money??

If not...  Did you think this one up all by yourself or did you need a committee to come up with an idea this stupid?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 05:52:32 PM »

This is not a project I'm running, I'm just looking for some volunteers. I'm not putting a cent into it, someone else is.

I fail to see how publishing a book is against the anarchist movement, but if you think what you are doing is somehow better...

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »

Look!  Libman is writing in isosceles triangles!
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 07:12:34 PM »

This is not a project I'm running, I'm just looking for some volunteers. I'm not putting a cent into it, someone else is.

I fail to see how publishing a book is against the anarchist movement, but if you think what you are doing is somehow better...

Of course what I'm doing is better - I'm interacting with people online, on this and dozens of other forums, bettering my opinions in the process.  I could blog as well, but I'm too humble.  :lol:

Sure, there are many services that will print any document that you give them in a nice-looking book format, even hard-cover -- as few or as many copies as you like, for a price -- but what's the point?  Print is dead.

Are you going to have mommy government throw me in jail if I download a PDF of your book on BitTorrent, like the vast majority of your target audience would if they were interested?  If not - how do you expect any publisher or sponsor to invest however much it would cost to print, distribute, and promote a book on a large scale?

This is the 21st century, having written a book doesn't impress anyone anymore, unless it's a bestseller of course, but an anarchist book not written by a celebrity won't be.  If you could get the top libertarian celebrities to write one essay each for this book, then you'd have a nice project, but, c'mon, people like John Stossel and Ron Paul don't need your help getting together, heck, you can't even get anyone else to reply on this BBS...

You might as well start a site where people post, rate, and comment on essays, or you can join one of many such efforts that already have a few years of momentum behind them.  Many graduate school libraries have student thesis papers and dissertations, including those on anarchy-related topics, that go back to the very beginning of the movement!

Look!  Libman is writing in isosceles triangles!

That proves I'm... Pythagoras?  :roll:

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:53 PM »

I wonder if they'd want anything from the anarchist Christian perspective? I know a lot of (most) anarchists are antagonistic to any religious beliefs whatsoever, but I am writing a book about the NAP from a Christian perspective (identifying the state as the Antichrist in the process) and an executive summary might go well with this project.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 09:09:01 PM »

Well if you dont want to contribute to the intellectual community and would rather remain an obscure troll amongst trolls.

If he wanted to be an obscure troll amongst trolls, then wouldn't he be an anarchist? 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »

I wonder if they'd want anything from the anarchist Christian perspective? I know a lot of (most) anarchists are antagonistic to any religious beliefs whatsoever, but I am writing a book about the NAP from a Christian perspective (identifying the state as the Antichrist in the process) and an executive summary might go well with this project.

Yes.

And I don't care if anyone is gonna pirate it, I'd do the same. No-one is gonna make money on this, we are just doing it to compile info on anarchism and its viewpoints to make it easier to spread the word. I'm not running the show, I'm just an editor.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 02:43:12 AM »

You are right about the state being the antichrist....http://www.voluntaryist.com/articles/jesusontaxes.php
Considering one of the disciples was a tax collector i am not surprised his true stance on taxation was lost. :)

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

HOO-HAA

• tattOOed HORROR writer and scowling heathen
    • View Profile
    • DROP DEAD GORGEOUS: tattOOed HORROR novel
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 08:38:25 AM »

No disrespect intended, but I was considering submitting an essay discussing how fundamental religion could be seen as metaphysical totalitarianism. You know, replace the 'gun in the room' with 'hellfire in eternity' type thing. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Anarchist Book Project

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.