Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ames
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ames  (Read 9627 times)

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Ames
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:40:55 PM »

I was drinking last night and thought it might be a good idea to check out the Ames (sp?) straw poll results on Fox News (see the drinking part...). I tuned in just as they announced that Michele Bachmann had won. Ron Paul finished just behind her (4700 to 4550 votes or summat) and the stadium was full of Paul signs and the Fox audio mix was filled with "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul."  The reason I say all of this:
1) When asked about Ron Paul's surprising finish, the head of the Iowa Republican party started talking about Rick Perry.
2) During the analysis afterwards with Paul signs and sounds filling the TV, the commentators were predominantly discussing Rick Perry's 5th place finish.
3) They actually cut to a Rick Perry speech soon afterward, completely forgetting about everyone else.

What the fuck has Rick Perry done to be so loved by Fox News?

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Ames
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »

He's the pre-selected candidate you will vote for.............. if you vote. "here ya go.... this is the guy we've decided is worthy of your vote, because that other guy doesn't stand a chance in hell, even if people like him, so get out there and vote for Rick Perry.........you're welcome"

They did it with Trump. When he didn't stick, they fell back on Romney as a half-asses effort, knowing it didnt work 4 years ago. Now they have a NEW fresh guy without much national baggage, at least at this point in the game.

They do it every year. They push someone and if that guy gains traction, they keep pushing harder. If that guy fails to catch on, they find another status-quo guy to push.

The last thing the MSM wants is someone that doesn't completely tow the big govt line. They LOVE big govt. Small govt, let alone very little or no govt doesn't even register with them.

I'm to the point where I dont even give a fuck anymore. I know their game and it doesn't even phase me at all at this point.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »

This is the same Rick Perry who wants the US military to invade and occupy Mexico.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »

This is the same Rick Perry who wants the US military to invade and occupy Mexico.
Yep,

The same psycho.

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:42:38 PM »

Yep,

The same psycho.

and the same guy who pretended to be a Tea Partier (Texas secession) and then endorsed the same policies any halfway libertarian person would oppose...

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 12:44:23 PM »

Props to Jon Stewart for at least bringing this to attention.

Audio sucks, so crank it up.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO93P6uz9t8&feature=related[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:47:34 PM by quickmike »

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:41 AM »

It's sad that Jon Stewart, of all people, had to be the only big media personality to bring this up.  Oh well.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 10:23:36 AM »

"Sometimes, your greatest ally comes in the least likely form." - me

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26:25 AM »

If only put as much time an effort into the FSP as wasting it trying to get Ron Paul elected.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »

If only put as much time an effort into the FSP as wasting it trying to get Ron Paul elected.

Nah, im not trying to get him elected. I realize he has no chance. Its just that he has a national soapbox to preach the message from.

Thats a pretty huge fucking deal, whether you like politics or not.

BonerJoe

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:59:12 AM »

Nah, im not trying to get him elected. I realize he has no chance. Its just that he has a national soapbox to preach the message from.

Thats a pretty huge fucking deal, whether you like politics or not.

You just keep thinking that, sonny.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 11:07:13 AM »

A fact doesn't require you to believe it, or for me to "think it"......... its just a fact.

Unless of course, you're saying he isn't really on a stage at all,  speaking to millions of people in the debates.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:21:46 AM by quickmike »

BonerJoe

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 01:25:48 PM »

Unless of course, you're saying he isn't really on a stage at all,  speaking to millions of people in the debates.

Speaking to statists? Yeah...

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

Speaking to statists? Yeah...

So let me get this straight, you're implying that theres NOBODY out there in those audiences that just need a little spark to push them in the right direction? Your answer is to spend all your time talking statists into signing up to the FSP? Good luck with that :lol:

Odds are, if someone is already into liberty, they already know about the FSP, so reaching out to them is a lot like mowing your lawn again, 5 minutes after you just mowed it. Its getting new people to become "in the know" that is needed.

I'll agree with you on one thing......

Electing RP or someone of his ilk, wont make much difference in the big picture, simply because the whole system is corrupt to the core. But to say that people like him dont have a place in bring people over to the ideas of liberty........... well, thats just fuckin' dumb.

I've heard the story from many FTL callers signed up to the FSP that they were introduced to the ideas through RP.

Having a hard time here figuring out why you have such a big issue with that.

BonerJoe

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »

Two thousand dollars a piece.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Ames

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.