Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  American College Kids
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: American College Kids  (Read 3354 times)

MOE from between St. Joe's River and the railroad tracks

• "Take whatever you can get..." -MOE
    • View Profile
American College Kids
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:29:35 PM »

So I just took a leisurely stroll to check out all the fine ladies at my university library. As usual most of the people at the library were asian.

So I strolled to the math library, and every single person in there was asian except the ginger sitting next to me (he's not a real person anyhow)

So it got me thinking, are American twenty somethings stupid and lazy? I know I certainly was a good portion of my life. Almost all of the drunk obnoxious kids at the tailgates here are Americans. I wish I knew Chinese. Damn
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:07:47 PM by PV »

Branlin

• View Profile
Re: America is in a whole lot of trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 06:03:38 PM »

So I just took a leisurely stroll to check out all the fine ladies at my university library. As usual most of the people at the library were asian.

So I strolled to the math library, and every single person in there was asian except the ginger sitting next to me (he's not a real person anyhow)

So it got me thinking, are American twenty somethings stupid and lazy? Almost all of the drunk obnoxious kids at the tailgates here are Americans. I wish I knew Chinese. Fuck

I agree, America is in trouble. The sun is setting on western civilization, culture, and global dominance and will be replaced with something else, probably Asian. ("Asian" includes ALL of Asia, not just the Orientals.)

Every dominant force/empire in history fell from the top sooner or later and the West will be no different. There is no way to stop it either, IMO. Widespread corruption is here today, and "more government" -- the source of much corruption -- will be needed to control the masses as the Ruling Class realizes its power has peaked out and is losing credibility through the eyes of the ruled. Or so it seems to me.

If it's not quite there yet, Washington will soon turn into a wounded animal, lashing out at everything, viewing anyone who isn't within their circle of wagons as an enemy. I hope I don't live to see it, but I probably will.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »

I recently heard that India has more Advanced Students enrolled in it's schools than the US has general students in total.

Somewhat due to the population I reckon, but still.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:35:41 PM »

Where is our Byzantum?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »

The asians are going to take over the country. Its been in the works for a while.

My gf is asian.

She told me so.

I figured I better make friendly with the winning team.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »

My gf is asian.

She told me so.

I figured I better make friendly with the winning team.

Ha

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 12:37:15 AM »

I'll betcha most of those Asian students are Americans. 

We have 671,000 students on temporary visas in the US, 100,000 coming from China. 

The 671k represents about 5% of our total student population.  (13 million)

Reduced, that equals 1/130 students of Chinese-born nationality, and its probably less prominent inland versus coastal. 

So, suggesting those guys will "go home" after completing their education probably means about a hundred miles. 

As to why they're in the library, I donno.  They're very literal people.  Maybe they saw the sign on the door that said "Asian Studies" and took it as a direct order.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »

I had to bite my tongue (or rather, back away from the keyboard) when this topic first showed up....

Yes, I think they're mostly American.

Asian students tend to get dominated by their parents more than other ethnicities, and a big part of that domination is a requirement that they kick ass in academic circles.  I could probably get into a bunch of other generalizations, and started too, but they're generalizations (as is this.)

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

Just reading the nonsense that passes for news in the student newspaper here shows you America is doomed. For example the day Gadafhi gets killed the headline is "Are Students Texting and Driving Too Much?"
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »

I had to bite my tongue (or rather, back away from the keyboard) when this topic first showed up....

Asian students tend to get dominated by their parents more than other ethnicities, and a big part of that domination is a requirement that they kick ass in academic circles.  I could probably get into a bunch of other generalizations, and started too, but they're generalizations (as is this.)

Michigan State has, by far, the highest number of non-citizen asian students of any us public university in the country (according to one of my profs).

Most of the asian students I've met who are citizens which is the majority (and I've met many) have dual citizenship. They attend foreign middle schoools and high schools in their home countries that are modeled after american schools and then they go to Michigan State to major in accounting, engineering, math etc.

After college, many of them go wherever they get a job offer regardless of country.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:09:47 PM by PV »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »

Asian students tend to get dominated by their parents more than other ethnicities, and a big part of that domination is a requirement that they kick ass in academic circles.  I could probably get into a bunch of other generalizations, and started too, but they're generalizations (as is this.)

Michigan State has, by far, the highest number of non-citizen asian students of any us public university in the country (according to one of my profs).

Most of the asian students I've met who are citizens which is the majority (and I've met many) have dual citizenship. They attend foreign middle schoools and high schools in their home countries that are modeled after american schools and then they go to Michigan State to major in accounting, engineering, math etc.

After college, many of them go wherever they get a job offer regardless of country.

As for your professor's apparent jingoism, it's not that uncommon.  I saw it a lot in engineering school.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  American College Kids

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.