Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Agorist ways of making money.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Agorist ways of making money.  (Read 5036 times)

Mixand

• View Profile
Agorist ways of making money.
« on: December 12, 2010, 06:10:51 AM »

I thought it would be good for people to throw around ideas on how they could make some extra money or maybe even all your money (Like me, unemployed)

I get cases of bulk soft drink from a local cafe every week and packets of chips and snacks. Before that I just went to department stores and bought 24 packs of drinks for 10-11 dollars each which is 41c each.

I refrigerate them in a cooler bag with some ice and have my snacks set up at local skateparks, sports fields and parks and sell the cans $1.50 each and most snacks for $2 each.  (May sound bad to Americans but it is usually higher in Australia.)

Sometimes I pay a percentage to my friend if he comes along to help me sell stuff and keep off any kids trying to just steal it.

I do that a few days a week and make usually between 200-500 a week. lower in the winter.

Any other ideas from you guys? Oh and try to keep it under the radar as much as you can without not being able to make much because the whole permit/taxes thing..
Government: Organized crime with a flag.

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Agorist ways of making money.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 07:48:39 AM »

I am impressed. Keep your brother out of it. Otherwise it sounds like you are pretty damn good at agorism as you are. On the Liberty Conspiracy (link to the right) Terren Lupo did a excellent podcast on agorism you might enjoy. It is old but you might find it.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:33:36 AM »

I deliver pizzas for cash in hand and also mow lawns.

No tax man needed.  :D
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »

paper route - 1099, no witholding but it is reported...

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »

Rob a bank....................... just dont report it.

Tends to create a dual problem thingy if you do.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

blackie

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »

paper route - 1099, no witholding but it is reported...
I did that for a couple of years starting when I was in fourth grade. There wasn't even a 1099 involved, and most of the money came from tips. It kinda sucked, because it was every day, except for Christmas.

I tried it again for a day when I was in my 20s, and I was like...fuck this.

blackie

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2010, 12:37:45 PM »

I thought it would be good for people to throw around ideas on how they could make some extra money or maybe even all your money (Like me, unemployed)

I get cases of bulk soft drink from a local cafe every week and packets of chips and snacks. Before that I just went to department stores and bought 24 packs of drinks for 10-11 dollars each which is 41c each.

I refrigerate them in a cooler bag with some ice and have my snacks set up at local skateparks, sports fields and parks and sell the cans $1.50 each and most snacks for $2 each.  (May sound bad to Americans but it is usually higher in Australia.)

Sometimes I pay a percentage to my friend if he comes along to help me sell stuff and keep off any kids trying to just steal it.

I do that a few days a week and make usually between 200-500 a week. lower in the winter.
Back when I was in middle school, a friend and I would do this on a golf course, set up around the 9th hole. He lived right next to the golf course. We would also find lost golf balls and sell those for 3 for $1.

We never made anywhere near $200 a week, and we would have to pack up and run away if we saw the golf pros coming.

blackie

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »

Drugs.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »

Back in the late 70's early 80's  a friend and I used to catch Garter and Bull snakes and sell them to the pet stores for 3 bucks a piece. Not bad money for a couple of young kids, especially back then when 3 bucks could actually buy you something. They changed the laws soon after that where it was illegal to sell snakes because of some bullshit disease concerns.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 02:57:54 PM »

I guess I could say to Mixand that if your going to be successful in the black market do not try to be a protester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umylqFZrL3U

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »

I guess I could say to Mixand that if your going to be successful in the black market do not try to be a protester.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umylqFZrL3U

+1

Better to stay under the radar.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »

Wealth is created by taking things of low value, and making them go into higher value. You already seem to know that since you get stuff that's sold on the cheap, and go into areas where the demand is immune to a higher price. Its the same principle Starbucks uses to scout out good locations for their franchises. Smart move.

I would say that something that enough people don't do that has a potential for making pretty good money is fixing electronics. Most people don't bother changing their ipod battery, for example.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 04:36:58 PM »

Wealth is created by taking things of low value, and making them go into higher value. You already seem to know that since you get stuff that's sold on the cheap, and go into areas where the demand is immune to a higher price. Its the same principle Starbucks uses to scout out good locations for their franchises. Smart move.

I would say that something that enough people don't do that has a potential for making pretty good money is fixing electronics. Most people don't bother changing their ipod battery, for example.
Word.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »

davann

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 10:29:50 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Exchange_Trading_Systems

Do something similar. No green backs but a credit system with point accumulation. In another word, money.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Agorist ways of making money.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.