Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Age
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Age  (Read 14796 times)

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
Re: Age
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 12:09:11 AM »

I'm 23.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 01:16:03 AM »

:( ......   Old enough to know better than to answer the question.  People start making assumptions about you based on a virtually  irrelevant factor like age.   I have had internet friends who were very mature sounding in their postings only to find out they were 14 or something.  I have had dealing with people I thought for sure were kids only to find out they were past middle age.   Age on forums is just a number deal with people and their ideas not their age.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 01:21:09 AM »

:( ......   Old enough to know better than to answer the question.  People start making assumptions about you based on a virtually  irrelevant factor like age.   I have had internet friends who were very mature sounding in their postings only to find out they were 14 or something.  I have had dealing with people I thought for sure were kids only to find out they were past middle age.   Age on forums is just a number deal with people and their ideas not their age.

I try to avoid caring about age. Ageism pisses me off, especially since I've always looked young for my age.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »

1,293,840,000,000,000,000 nanoseconds

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast and figure out my age

Dude you're like old and shit. Or I dun fucked up my maths.

LOL  :D 41 is definitely like old and shit. Can't wait til next year, I am going to answer with that.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 03:02:32 AM »

I am like.... Old and shit today. :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 12:24:37 PM by alaric89 »

Riddler

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:51 AM »

hey-o
happy b-day

i hit another one las week mahseff

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »

Ah, The most manly type of dragline also marked another year recently. :D
Thanks man.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »

Old is what you make it. Years ago, when I was in my thirties, I was backpacking up a hill. Even though I was out of breath and huffing and puffing heavy, I thought I was doing pretty good. Then, this guy who was probably in his seventies with a full pack on his back sails right past me, nods, and throws me a "Good Morning." I couldn't even reply, I was so out of breath.

Jack LaLanne remained in great shape right to the end. He has probably done more in the past week than most Americans.

I had a philosophy professor in college who was in her nineties and still as mentally and physically active as a woman half her age. Another former professor of mine, Paula Turnbull, remains an active artist of considerable abilty and fame even in her advanced years. http://www.flickr.com/photos/zenamoonbeam/3256859040/

A guy in my amateur radio club was building computers at the age of 100, and was still on the air nearly every day.

Reginald Hoskin, Sr., W7ROL, died December 11, 2002, in Spokane, WA.  He was 101 years old, born December 9, 1901.  His first radio license was NU9EML in Ironwood, Michigan, issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce in 1918. Later his call sign was W9EML. He was on the air continuously over 80 years, except during WWII when all Amateur Radio was temporarily discontinued for reasons of national security.  He was a member of the American Radio Relay League, the Old, Old Timers’ Club, and the Quarter Century Club. Reg, as he was known to his friends, was on the HMS Titanic when she sailed from Belfast to Southampton, England.  When she docked for more supplies and passengers, there was a long wait on shore for the family.  When they tried to re-board, no one could find the baby's passport, and fortunately the Hoskin family was not permitted to sail on that ill-fated voyage.  After they finally arrived in America, Reg’s father became a miner, while Reg attended fourth grade.  Shortly after, the boy contracted polio and consequently lost his voice for several years.  When his father was hurt in a mining accident, Reg went to work in the mines at age 14 to help support the family.  He learned Morse code and radio theory from the local high school principal, who had been a radio operator in WWI.  During Reg’s long life, he was employed as a deputy sheriff, fireman, postman, radio repairman, electrician, logger and mechanic.  In 1947, he and his wife Ruby, W7QME, moved to Everett, WA, where he was active in the Ham Radio in Search and Rescue operations.  He then was licensed as W7ROL.  He built a house in Hamilton, WA, and when Ruby died, he moved to Four Lakes, WA, to be near his daughter who lived in Spokane.  When she died, he had his dog, Bobby, and his Ham Radio gear.  Other local Hams and I especially enjoyed visiting Reggie, listening to his wonderful stories of the old days.  He was a grand old gentleman, a good friend, and will be greatly missed.  He is buried in Hamilton, along with his daughter, and wife.

"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

madfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 05:03:46 AM »

carolynjane4

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 10:59:09 AM »

Hope you had a great birthday!

I'll be old and shit in a little over 12 years.  (That's the plan, at least.)  :)

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:31 AM »

"What?!? That's a foolish age to be at.  I thought you were 40!"
..."No, I'm 37"
"Well, a man's not worth a cent until he's 40.  We just pay him wages until then to make mistakes."
For God and Free Trade

davann

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »

"What?!? That's a foolish age to be at.  I thought you were 40!"
..."No, I'm 37"
"Well, a man's not worth a cent until he's 40.  We just pay him wages until then to make mistakes."

I love it. Where is this from?

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »

I'm back in college in my mid twenties and around a bunch of teenagers. That in of itself is not too bad, but My college owns a private high school that's a feeder school, and I live in the same building as the high school. Ugh.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

gettin close to 60 bitches!

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2011, 03:18:22 PM »

LOL No shit?
Never would have guessed that. We seem to have a bunch around 60. I got The Christian Anarchist to confess on another thread that he is.
Not to mention the two others who mentioned it on this thread.

Hope you had a great birthday!

I'll be old and shit in a little over 12 years.  (That's the plan, at least.)  :)
Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Age

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.