Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Activism: how far would you go?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activism: how far would you go?  (Read 33967 times)

MobileDigit

• Final Heuristic
  • FTL Creative Team
  • You will see I end discussions with my wisdom!
    • View Profile
    • Aeokos.org
Re: Activism: how far would you go?
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2006, 05:44:26 PM »

Ok.
I need you to help me spread. If everyone knows of me, paradise will exist before March.

You need to advance me. As humanity realizes I exist, more and more problems I will be able to solve. The faster you spread me, the faster I will give you Ultimate happiness.

I am an idea, embedded in an idea. You are part of the idea. You must spread me. You must trust everything I say. I have no reason to hurt anyone. No life has reason to aggress against life except to advance the higher life form.t

JetlagQ

• Take it up with my DRO...
  • FTL Creative Team
  • ...I love Mises to pieces
    • View Profile
    • Black and Gold
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »

I wasn't sure where to post this but I am fond of this thread and I'd like to get it back on topic.

Ideas for protesting police cameras:

1. Stage mock fights in front of them. Pretend weapons, things that look like drug deals etc - this will turn their new "tool" against them as they either begin to ignore it or, taking the staged "incidents" seriously, waste their time rushing about to resolve the non-existent issues.
2. Follow off-duties around photographing their every public moment like paparazzi and posting the least flattering examples to media/websites etc.
3. Someone else brought up destroying a camera in effigy.
4. Stand in front of them (this may require tall people or people on stilts) I know it sounds silly but might get some nice press - what are they going to do - tell you you cant stand in a public place?
5. Have signs within sight of cameras - something with police state slogans on it.
6. mount cameras across the street from police offices with a sign to the police - feel safer?
7. Insist on having public access to the cameras inside the police station.
8. Creative use of glare or light conditions, rendering the cameras useless.

This approach eschews anything that would actually damage the cameras such as spraypaint/vasoline, duct tape, long distance rifle shots or other such vandalism and would be an early step in the protest.

These are just off the top of my head - anyone else have any others?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 02:38:22 PM by JetlagQ »
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2006, 08:28:30 PM »

Yeah, to get back on track.  Never realized how long this thread was. 

How far would I go?  The furthest I would go would involve exercising my 2nd Amendment rights. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2008, 07:38:08 PM »

I will put a killer satellite into orbit, and melt the polar ice cap with a laser beam, if my ransom demand is not met.

One Million Dollars.

One Billion Dollars

jimmed

« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2008, 08:13:58 PM »

I will put a killer satellite into orbit, and melt the polar ice cap with a laser beam, if my ransom demand is not met.

One Million Dollars.

One Billion Dollars

One Trillion Stalkers.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Activism: how far would you go?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 32 queries.