Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  About being screwed by an employer or the government.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About being screwed by an employer or the government.  (Read 743 times)

Looking from outside

• View Profile
About being screwed by an employer or the government.
« on: January 12, 2013, 06:47:08 AM »

In the 80s I lost a job and had to go on unemployment insurance. I had no choice because of serious health issues. One day the government told me I wouldn't get any more money but I knew I had more coming in. I had enough of being realy unable to work without being shafted by those morons that said they didn't owe me any more money. So, I found out that the best option was an organization in Montreal, the A.D.D.S. Translated to english it means Assosiation for the defense of your social rights. I went to one of their meetings and they helped me fill in a paper explaining why I believed/knew I was still owed a few more weeks of unemployment insurance. The lawyers in that group are the kinds that love eating government bureaucrats for breakfast. Simply put, I won! I got what was owed and finally was able to get back on my feet.

Point is that they are the kind of arbitrator that Ian mentioned in Friday's program that one needs to win in that kind of case. They also help when it's a company that is trying to screw over an employee.  Even better, the service was free.

I suspect that that kind of organization can also be found in the U.S. . I wonder if Legal Aid offices could either offer that kind of service or point to an organization that offers that kind of service.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  About being screwed by an employer or the government.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.