Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: A thread not created by NHAT  (Read 47801 times)

bakerbaker

Re: A thread not created by NHAT
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2008, 03:15:12 AM »

I am about to go fucking batshit insane and rip someone's Goddamn head off in that thread about Kat Kanning.  Those people can't comprehend the English language.  I can't take this aggression. 

Bah it's over.  Here's a picture of a monkey.

thoughtful.

Riddler

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2008, 09:49:09 AM »

I interviewed for a position as deputy in a small West Texas town nearby today. Sheriff didn't seem too sure about me. Said I done good on the written tests, but had a test to rate my common sense. He put a pistol on his desk and told me "Go shoot 5 illegal aliens, 5 Obama supporters, and a rabbit."

I asked him "Why shoot the rabbit?" 

I got the job.

you're gonna be a jackboot, a thug, or a minion?
wait'll 'rob' reads your post. :shock:
shouldn't even joke like that.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »

So there was this awesome drunk guy in the mall the other day.  Someone in Ruby Tuesday's called the cops on him, and they hauled him away to the drunk tank.  But he wasn't doing anything.  I mean, he was bumbling around and whatnot, but then he just sat down on a bench and stayed there.   :(
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

NHArticleTen

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2008, 10:46:58 AM »

So there was this awesome drunk guy in the mall the other day.  Someone in Ruby Tuesday's called the cops on him, and they hauled him away to the drunk tank.  But he wasn't doing anything.  I mean, he was bumbling around and whatnot, but then he just sat down on a bench and stayed there.   :(

awesome=drunk person?

JWI

« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2008, 11:44:31 AM »

awesome=drunk person?

Yes

Riddler

« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »

awesome=drunk person?

fuckin a

Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2008, 12:39:40 PM »

I interviewed for a position as deputy in a small West Texas town nearby today. Sheriff didn't seem too sure about me. Said I done good on the written tests, but had a test to rate my common sense. He put a pistol on his desk and told me "Go shoot 5 illegal aliens, 5 Obama supporters, and a rabbit."

I asked him "Why shoot the rabbit?" 

I got the job.

you're gonna be a jackboot, a thug, or a minion?
wait'll 'rob' reads your post. :shock:
shouldn't even joke like that.

My rabbit says I'm a jackass.
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.' 

~ Thomas Jefferson

Sam A. Robrin

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 10:18:50 PM »

Ironic, considering the lyrics to that song . . .

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 12:37:06 AM »

I'd like some sensible packaging...

Kids' toys.. unwrapping an action figure now usually requires a screwdriver to remove little plastic bars that secure the figure to one of the many layers of protective cardboard and/or plastic inside the outer packaging.. the outer packaging is also sealed with tape and is usually constructed of heavier cardboard than what you'll find inside. All sorts of toys have ridiculous amounts of packaging.. tightly twisted wire ties, about a dozen of them.. if the toy is so fragile it may break before it reaches the shelf, then mebbe..

Salami.. I usually get it fresh. But all we had today was a pre-packaged kind. Supposedly one is to simply peel apart the top & bottom layers of plastic. Couldn't do it. So I sliced it with an Xacto knife. Oops.. didn't slice it close enough to the meat... and got my fingers greasy when some of the salami-grease squeezed out the side. Now it's super-sealed and slippery. Cut it some more with the Xacto.. ended up having to cut right into the meat.

Electronics... socks.. why ya gotsta hab so much packaging?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2008, 05:21:28 AM »

Kids' toys.. unwrapping an action figure now usually requires a screwdriver to remove little plastic bars that secure the figure to one of the many layers of protective cardboard and/or plastic inside the outer packaging.. the outer packaging is also sealed with tape and is usually constructed of heavier cardboard than what you'll find inside. All sorts of toys have ridiculous amounts of packaging.. tightly twisted wire ties, about a dozen of them.. if the toy is so fragile it may break before it reaches the shelf, then mebbe..

Oh god, I'm with you there.  On Christmas day my job is to get action figures and other such things removed from their packages for my nieces, age 5 and 7.  Last Christmas it took me about 20 minutes to get a damned doll out of her box because of all of the twist ties and staples.   

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2008, 08:21:59 PM »

Oh god, I'm with you there.  On Christmas day my job is to get action figures and other such things removed from their packages for my nieces, age 5 and 7.  Last Christmas it took me about 20 minutes to get a damned doll out of her box because of all of the twist ties and staples.   

Yep!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

fatcat

« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 09:17:28 PM »

I've been watching Firefly through Netflix for the last couple of months. I have to slip the disks in among family movies and stuff my wife will like. I should get disk 3 in a couple of days.

I really do love the relationships between the characters.

Yay.  I love finding out about a good TV series after it's all over, and then getting the entire thing on DVD and watching it.  Boyfriend and I did that a few weeks ago with Deadwood, although we were bitterly disappointed with the ending.  Next time I'm in town we might try The Wire. 

might try?

Its the best thing to have came out on TV of all time. You need to give it a few episodes to get into it, at first it might seem like a typical cops'n'dealers drama, but its so much more than that, every character is beautifully crafted, amazingly cast and acted, the writing is simply unparalleled in modern tv/film. Its not a 'quick' episodic tv piece, so you need to give yourself a few episodes before you can really tell whether you'll like it or not, but inaccessibility comes from the same depth that makes it such a high quality piece.

Its such a radical departure from standard media, i never really "got it" until after the 3rd episode of the first series, its extremely difficult to encapsulate what makes it so great without sounding really arsey and inarticulate.

[youtube=425,350]sZ2iGYwdEi8[/youtube]

Torrent that shit then send buckets of money to the creators when you realize how amazing it is.

oh and don't trawl youtube for clips or you'll end up ruining ALOT of major story developments for yourself, the whole 5 series work as a continual piece, so its not some formulaic bullshit you can just dip in and out of and still get the same experience if you watch it canonically
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:26:13 PM by fatcat »

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 10:04:33 PM »

I have a headache from Hell.  Someone shoot me. 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Riddler

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2008, 08:11:35 AM »

2 much drinky?
or not enuff?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2008, 10:22:55 AM »

2 much drinky?
or not enuff?

I guess not enough.  I had a martini two or three nights ago, and that's been it for over a month. 
         -George W. Bush
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT

// ]]>

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 32 queries.