Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: A thread not created by NHAT  (Read 47793 times)

riot138

• "I killed the bank," Andrew Jackson
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Anarchy-burger, hold the government.
    • View Profile
    • A stupid myspace page
Re: A thread not created by NHAT
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 06:48:02 AM »

Arrgh! I dislike skunks! They're cute, but the spray fuckin' stinks. No shit, I think the one that just sprayed has a radius of near 40 feet of stink power.

Now on to the evil monopolistic gang-ocracy of thug bastards that back the skunks... (jk, nhat. couldn't help myself.)
"What happens when the enemies' methods determine your own conduct?"
-- I forget who, commenting on S. African revolutionary activities and torture

AntonLee

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2008, 07:15:35 AM »

I've been watching Firefly through Netflix for the last couple of months. I have to slip the disks in among family movies and stuff my wife will like. I should get disk 3 in a couple of days.

I really do love the relationships between the characters.

Yay.  I love finding out about a good TV series after it's all over, and then getting the entire thing on DVD and watching it.  Boyfriend and I did that a few weeks ago with Deadwood, although we were bitterly disappointed with the ending.  Next time I'm in town we might try The Wire. 

I just saw serenity and it was fantastic. . . loved it.  It's on demand HBO right now.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 08:12:28 AM »

Arrgh! I dislike skunks! They're cute, but the spray fuckin' stinks. No shit, I think the one that just sprayed has a radius of near 40 feet of stink power.

Now on to the evil monopolistic gang-ocracy of thug bastards that back the skunks... (jk, nhat. couldn't help myself.)

you're a riot(ditto)

NHArticleTen

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2008, 08:15:42 AM »

I hate it when nothing sounds good to eat.  Really, not one thing.  If I didn't have to eat to survive, I think I would stop altogether.

this

I need to get laid.

I totally lost the desire.  It's a real relief, actually. 

and this

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2008, 08:28:41 AM »

Yay.  I love finding out about a good TV series after it's all over, and then getting the entire thing on DVD and watching it.  Boyfriend and I did that a few weeks ago with Deadwood, although we were bitterly disappointed with the ending.  Next time I'm in town we might try The Wire. 

I love Deadwood. The ending of the series left us disappointed, too. Until we heard there was supposed to be a movie or miniseries to wrap it up. Have decided to not hold my breath, waiting for the movie though, and have chalked up my continued disappointment up to the insanity of HBO programmers. No Deadwood, no Rome, no Flight of the Concords... and pretty soon, no Joy.

Haven't watched The Wire yet, but have heard I'd like it a lot.

Showtime & AMC have replaced HBO as my favored entertainment providers (other than SciFi and BBC America, that is). Mad Men, Weeds, Breaking Bad, Dexter, Californication.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2008, 08:35:49 AM »

The HBO show about vampires has potential, but I can't get past the bad accents. I find myself repeating the corniest lines in thick accent right back at the TV, laughing hysterically, and being asked to "please stop that or change the damn channel"

I read all of the books beforehand, so I'm pretty much forced to watch the show for comparison.  I'm not really good at judging Southern accents, but considering that the actor who plays Bill is English and the one who plays Jason is Australian, I think they at least are doing a pretty good job so far!  This is probably a case where ignorance is bliss.  My attempt at a Southern accent ends up sounding like Calamity Jane. 
I love Deadwood. The ending of the series left us disappointed, too. Until we heard there was supposed to be a movie or miniseries to wrap it up. Have decided to not hold my breath, waiting for the movie though, and have chalked up my continued disappointment up to the insanity of HBO programmers.

Well, they did commit to a second season of True Blood already.  ;-)  Yes, if they do go ahead and make the movie for Deadwood I will definitely see it! 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:38:26 AM by Rillion »

Level 20 Anklebiter

• Small, but deadly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

Is everyone on this forum a fucking writer apart from me?
I'm an AI theorist and programmer. :-P
I hear thunder but there's no rain, this kind of thunder breaks walls and window pane

riot138

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
    • A stupid myspace page
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »

Wow! talkback is on right now.... Total shit! I know you guys want to work with these people and I wish you the best.

Fred and Cynthia were on... Total shit is my only comment

Woke me up in a drunken state, it was so bad....

Peace to alll. g'night...

riot138

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
    • A stupid myspace page
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »

Thank the gods; it's off. That was horrible to wake up to....

Whoever put that on the stream deserves a kick to the nuts. Logged and queued.

Riddler

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »

The clothes dryer started making 60hz humming noises this morning. Dissassembled the whole motherfucking thing. Bad motor. Tried for an hour to get the motor off the blower fan blade, but only ended up with a couple of bloody knuckles and a gallon of sweat. Fuck that shit, in the trash. Went to the local appliance store, and they had the GE one that matched the washer in stock. Bought, paid, and in the back of my Tahoe in under 10 minutes. I like fast service.

quitter

BonerJoe

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2008, 03:50:46 PM »

The clothes dryer started making 60hz humming noises this morning. Dissassembled the whole motherfucking thing. Bad motor. Tried for an hour to get the motor off the blower fan blade, but only ended up with a couple of bloody knuckles and a gallon of sweat. Fuck that shit, in the trash. Went to the local appliance store, and they had the GE one that matched the washer in stock. Bought, paid, and in the back of my Tahoe in under 10 minutes. I like fast service.

quitter

Fuckin a.

blackie

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »

I am gunna law of attract something. I'm not sure what, but it'll come to me.
an electric shock

You kinda have to have the monitor on to adjust the convergence.

I may make it worse.
I did. I tried to make the adjustments without a print out of what each set of rings does. I left it like that last night.

I fixed it around noon. It's better than it was before I started, but still not perfect.

bakerbaker

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »

i revamped a layout for this quote recently.

I like typography.

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48:36 PM »

Baker - I like your typography.

Good stuff.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2008, 05:12:03 PM »

I hate september.

I love it. I don't like the heat, but I do like mild weather. The leaves in PA are beautiful in September and October. And it's also football season. And Sam Adams's Oktoberfest Lager comes out. Oh, and Opus X cigars become available around here.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.