Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: A thread not created by NHAT  (Read 47789 times)

Bill Brasky

A thread not created by NHAT
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:34:49 PM »

Anything goes.  Vent, praise or criticize.  No subject. 

I'll start...

I'm gonna watch Episode 1 of The Office tonight, season 5 ep1.  They've got it at NBC.com if you care to check it out, missed it, whatever.  I think its an hour long episode. 

While doing that, I'm gonna eat 2 pieces of Bojangles chicken.  Best chicken in the universe.  I'm thinking of vandalizing the Wiki page of equivalent weights and measures thusly:  1 pc Bojangles Chicken = 72 virgins. 

blackie

Re: A thread not created by NHAT
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

I am gunna law of attract something. I'm not sure what, but it'll come to me.

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »

I've got a list.

1.  Writer's block is worse than the flu.
2.  Mitch Hedberg has a new album, even though he's dead.
3.  New shows on HBO about vampires are hot, as is LL Cool J
4.  Newsweek magazine likes to give irrelevant titles  to otherwise interesting articles.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »

The clothes dryer started making 60hz humming noises this morning. Dissassembled the whole motherfucking thing. Bad motor. Tried for an hour to get the motor off the blower fan blade, but only ended up with a couple of bloody knuckles and a gallon of sweat. Fuck that shit, in the trash. Went to the local appliance store, and they had the GE one that matched the washer in stock. Bought, paid, and in the back of my Tahoe in under 10 minutes. I like fast service.

bakerbaker

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

I've been considering blowing this photograph up on canvas as an acrylic painting.

i think it was taken at a zoo in Colorado, in the mid-late seventies.  I have another one of a bald eagle that's labeled, dated, and signed.  The photographer was someone distantly related to me on my dad's side.  No body knows what happened to him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 07:27:42 PM by |3.4.K.3.R »

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »

I've been considering blowing this photograph up on canvas as an acrylic painting.

i think it was taken at a zoo in Colorado, in the mid-late seventies.  I have another one of a bald eagle that's labeled, dated, and signed.  The photographer was someone distantly related to me on my dad's side.  No body knows what happened to him.

Why the hell would anybody label, date, and sign a bald eagle?  :P
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

bakerbaker

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 07:44:01 PM »

the back of the print, i should say. :D

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

Writers block is worse than the flu.
The HBO show about vampires has potential, but I can't get past the bad accents. I find myself repeating the corniest lines in thick accent right back at the TV, laughing hysterically, and being asked to "please stop that or change the damn channel"

BJ - How do you know it was 60Hz? That's a pretty exact description of motor noise.

The photo is cool, Baker. I just ordered a photo print from a guy in Greenville, SC a week or so ago. Is in, and I'll either be picking it up this weekend, or getting shipped. Can't wait to hang next to my desk, as it is going to be my dream vacation window. Bike, and italy.

Bojangles chicken is definitely the equivalent measure of 72 virgins. And, if you're really, really hungry, and get it straight from the fryer, and not from under the heat lamp, it carries even more weight.

I will now begin to use the law of attraction to will myself a piping hot piece of Bojangles chicken. And a beer. Expecting it about the time I finish my five hour ride tomorrow, so will be thinking extra attractive thoughts until then.

This is a fantastic thread, BTW.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »

I think tonight I'm going to sit with my preschooler and make things with popsicle sticks. It would probably a bit much to make a covered bridge.

I just found these plans for a catapult: http://www.stormthecastle.com/catapult/popsiclestick-catapult.htm
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 08:00:22 PM »

I think tonight I'm going to sit with my preschooler and make things with popsicle sticks. It would probably a bit much to make a covered bridge.

I just found these plans for a catapult: http://www.stormthecastle.com/catapult/popsiclestick-catapult.htm

Do it! That is an awesome Friday night. If I had popsicle sticks, this would become our Friday night.

I'd have to distract the children with ice cream, so as build the catapult in secret. Is important to keep the advantage in the current lego battle taking place on my living room floor, but I think it'd be worth it.

Hmmm.. wonder how long it would take to get my k'nex trebuchet put back together?
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 08:15:26 PM »

I've set a weekend goal of writing 25 pages in my novel. Instead, I'll probably end up doing more research pertaining to the story.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

fatcat

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 08:25:15 PM »

Is everyone on this forum a fucking writer apart from me?

BonerJoe

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »

BJ - How do you know it was 60Hz? That's a pretty exact description of motor noise.

60hz is the frequency of AC current in the US. You know, that annoying "buzz" or "hum" when you pass by a high voltage transformer? Or interference in audio devicess. Etc.

Balden

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »

I'm downloading 2001: A Space Odyssey.

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 08:49:05 PM »

Is everyone on this forum a fucking writer apart from me?

I don't know. Let's find out.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A thread not created by NHAT

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 33 queries.