Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A Question to the Athiests
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A Question to the Athiests  (Read 45189 times)

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: A Question to the Athiests
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2010, 07:39:36 PM »

If god created people in his likeness, I want no part of the sick fucker. 

..and why did he design our backs to have itchy spots where ones hands can't quite reach?
That's why backscratchers were invented.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »

The thread is off-topic.

I intended for it to be a place where people discussed ethics from an atheists perspective.

In intended to jerk off on the atheist's face.
Instead you were jerked upon.

You're a fucking retard.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »

Funny that a retard can figure out magic men in the sky don't exist.  
You begged a question , got answers you didn't like.
Stuck your fingers in your ears and called people names.
You are not a skeptic.
You are indeed a self-described jerk.
A big ole' religious/pompous jerk.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2010, 10:49:11 PM »

Funny that a retard can figure out magic men in the sky don't exist.  
You begged a question , got answers you didn't like.
Stuck your fingers in your ears and called people names.
You are not a skeptic.
You are indeed a self-described jerk.
A big ole' religious/pompous jerk.

You are a fucking tard. Its confirmed now!
Begging the question means using circular logic, which I don't do. I also answer the questions asked, instead of resorting to ad hominems, and getting defensive of views I can't defend like some stupid Atheists do (not saying all Atheists are stupid, but some of the ones on FTL are) and I got very few intellectual answers.
I didn't call names, but others did plenty.
I am very skeptic. Asking questions is what made me religious.
Where an I a jerk on this thread?

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »

Read what I wrote.  I didn't say you are "begging the question" as in philosophical terms.
What I wrote was maybe a bad choice of words for saying you asked the question.  You asked atheists the question
if ethics mattered to them.  Posters gave great responses.
You didn't like the answers.  You called everyone else dumb.  You're mad because I (and others here) made fun of
your silly religion.  You feel alone, but you shouldn't for you have god in your heart.
A mean, bitter, spiteful, arrogant, egotistical, cock sucker of a god.  Is that from whom you get your ethics?
Good luck with that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 11:11:14 PM by WidespreadPanic »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2010, 11:14:30 PM »

You are not a skeptic.

Agreed. Anyone who is a Christian cannot be a Skeptic. There is no way. Just read the insanity of the bible:

A talking serpent, right off the bat. Then later: more talking animals, a flood killing almost everyone and gathering of 2 of every animal, 42 boys being mauled to death by bears for making fun of someone, constant contradictions, god slaughtering many many people, necrophilia, rape, the treatment of women as less than animals, murder for completely pointless reasons by people held up as "good" in the bible, various atrocities undertaken with no purpose other than to do something disgusting, and finally, dare I say it, Jesus Christ acting like an asshole with mental issues. Lets not even go into God's insecurity and jealousy issues. The kid from Indian in the Cupboard did better than him.

You asked questions and came up with the fact that what this book says is true? REALLY????

Genesis 30:37-39 (English Standard Version)
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2010, 11:31:22 PM »

Read what I wrote.  I didn't say you are "begging the question" as in philosophical terms.
What I wrote was maybe a bad choice of words for saying you asked the question.  You asked atheists the question
You didn't like the answers.  You called everyone else dumb.  You're mad because I (and others here) made fun of
your silly religion.  You feel alone, but you shouldn't for you have god in your heart.
A mean, bitter, spiteful, arrogant, egotistical, cock sucker of a god.  Is that from whom you get your ethics?
Good luck with that.

I honestly hope someone rips your ugly head off, and shits down your neck.

-Dennis Goddard

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2010, 11:41:05 PM »

Good luck with that.

Dear Jerk,

I was right, you get your ethics from a bad, bad place.  Your God made you in the spitting image of himself.  I can tell b/c you are also spiteful, bitter, mean, arrogant, egotistical and possibly a cock-sucker.  But that's cool, your god will forgive you.    How fitting.
I wish you peace and happiness.
Love,
Atheist

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2010, 11:46:29 PM »

Good luck with that.

Dear Jerk,

I was right, you get your ethics from a bad, bad place.  Your God made you in the spitting image of himself.  I can tell b/c you are also spiteful, bitter, mean, arrogant, egotistical and possibly a cock-sucker.  But that's cool, your god will forgive you.    How fitting.
I wish you peace and happiness.
Love,
Atheist

I'm not in the mood to humor any tards at this hour.

My ethics are not the subject of this thread in the first place. What I wanted was some philosophy, and that isn't what I got. Instead a bunch of tards came out into this thread and inject their stupidity onto it.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2010, 11:55:25 PM »

I suppose I could get my ethics from the bible by purposely NOT following its example, and other times taking heed of its advice when I felt it was relevant. Oh, wait, we discussed that already. Picking and choosing like that is BS because it enables you do behave however you want, thus you are choosing your ethics in the same way as atheists.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 11, 2010, 01:12:24 AM »

I suppose I could get my ethics from the bible by purposely NOT following its example, and other times taking heed of its advice when I felt it was relevant. Oh, wait, we discussed that already. Picking and choosing like that is BS because it enables you do behave however you want, thus you are choosing your ethics in the same way as atheists.

You wouldn't be so defensive if you could back up your shit, would you?

I'd be pissed too if I couldn't think of a way to prove what I think.

And I backed up my beliefs, even on a thread not meant for that.

I don't care about your choice of ethics, I want to know the why behind it.

You know what? You mail to me the best book you can think of on atheism, and I'll decide if its worth a damn. I'll give it a fair shave, and post a rebuttal. You want to why I can do that comfortably? Its because I am not some dumbass KEYBOARD WARRIOR, and I can think for myself.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #116 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:59 AM »

I just did "back up my shit." Reread it.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:52 AM »

I just did "back up my shit." Reread it.

Yeah. Thats why I shouldn't post when I'm out of my gourd.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2010, 05:52:40 AM »

You're not supposed to follow everything in the bible by example.  Example: Worshiping a golden calf, that's a big no-no.  Sending your top general into battle so that he would die and you can marry his wife, another big no-no.  Of course there is twisted stuff in the Bible, you're supposed to learn from it that that is twisted and not to do it.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A Question to the Athiests

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.