Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  a local bum swears that she did not ask my dog for change
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a local bum swears that she did not ask my dog for change  (Read 2205 times)

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
a local bum swears that she did not ask my dog for change
« on: March 25, 2010, 03:14:12 PM »

I took my Siberian Husky puppy to a restaurant that i go to on a regular basis and can watch her out the window when i am at the bar. I go out every time I see some one playing with her to make sure she is not taken and to ask the people not to allow her to nip them. This time I walk out and see it is Peppermint Patty a long time bum in my neighborhood and Patty says "I did not ask her for change" at that point I had to hold back laughter. Does any one here know of a puppy or dog for that manner who carries change and would understand some one asking for it? :lol:

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
Re: a local bum swears that she did not ask my dog for change
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:53 PM »

Love it when the local oddballs get nicknamed.

My favorite was a guy we called "The Circle Jerk". He paced around a bus bench so long and so often a circular path was worn deep into the dirt. If anyone ever talked to him, he acted like a jerk, sooo..

Also knew two weird older women, each known as "Ruthie", in two different states.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

. Does any one here know of a puppy or dog for that manner who carries change and would understand some one asking for it? :lol:

my dog can run a backhoe, drive a small car (hasn't got the clutch thing down, so we only let him take the automatic)
& cooks a mean jambalaya...
but, he does NOT suffer bums & layabouts shilling for pocket change.
and yes, he plays poker.

Riddler

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »

My favorite was a guy we called "The Circle Jerk". He paced around a bus bench so long and so often a circular path was worn deep into the dirt. If anyone ever talked to him, he acted like a jerk, sooo..

Also knew two weird older women, each known as "Ruthie", in two different states.

we had a guy in town.....jimmy carter...that was his REAL name. no shit.
we called him the ''mayor''.
he died by the souhegan river one fall, years ago.
motherfucker lived out-of-doors, in the warmer season.
they figger he went down to the river to piss, slipped (bac = 4.0 most times) & hit his head on a rock....drowned in 12'' of water, most likely.
some kids happen by days later, thought it was a mannekin, and started throwing rocks at him.....

James Carter,50 " Mayor of Milford" Lifetime resident of Milford Given permission by the town to sleep in the gazebo in the town center Found dead by the Souhegan River

http://hpn.asu.edu/archives/2002-September/006733.html

MacFall

• Agorist
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • No king but Christ; no law but liberty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »

There's a guy around here who we call "Lawnmower Bill". His only non-clothing possession is a lawnmower which he pushes around constantly (even when there's snow on the ground) and asks if people want their lawns mowed. He lives on the back porches of a few very generous people who probably don't know that he is a convicted pederast.
I am an anarchist! HOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

soliscjw

• this is my pride and joy her name is Kahlan
    • View Profile
    • Just my own webpage
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 11:48:42 PM »

what is sad about Peppermint Patty is that before her mental illness struck her in her mid twenty's she was a small business owner and was doing really well for herself but once the illness struck she started living on the street and spent her money on scams my uncle used to rent an apartment to her and she was a great tenant until the illness struck   

ForumTroll

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »

Sounds like a song needs to be written about this person.

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:49:03 PM »

Sounds like a song needs to be written about this person.

between the buried is rumored to have been inspired by a Carolina bum named Shevanel when composing this song.

"According to Tommy, BTBAM's vocalist:
"there is a homeless man in Raleigh, Nc named 'shevanel' and he has a pet dog named 'plip'...'Shevanel' seemed to always be happy every time I saw him, and it amazed me that someone with so little could be so stoked on life. Life is confusing and horrible at times but doing the things we love can make it the best thing on this planet" 
Do yourself a favor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  a local bum swears that she did not ask my dog for change

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.