Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A forum for anarcho-capitalists.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A forum for anarcho-capitalists.  (Read 5627 times)

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
A forum for anarcho-capitalists.
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:04:45 PM »

Yes, it is a reddit page:
http://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstAllArchons

Should be good for some discussions we can drag back here. From the page:
Dedicated to the realization of an archon-free world. See an archon-based understanding of voluntary relationships for more information on the topic.

Our (abridged) mission statement: to discuss philosophical topics, current events, and ethics of everything related to relationships with archons (politicians, teachers, abusive parents, police, or any other aggressive people). To talk about, and come up with, rational strategies to strip archons and archists of their power and influence, and bring about an archon-free world.

While we do encourage live-spirited debate and hard-core questioning of ideas, we do have a zero tolerance policy for aggressive or abusive people and defenders of archons (religious, political or familial). This is intended to be a safe place, and we will keep it that way.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

SeanD

• View Profile
Re: A forum for anarcho-capitalists.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:59 AM »

So....Anarchists with strict rules about what you can say?  Lol

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:09 AM »

Because the other forum ended up getting swamped with non-anarcho-capitalists.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:41:06 AM »

So anarchists are also against family units?

Who knew.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:12 AM »

Are you strawman'ing yourself?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:08:51 PM »

You see, this is the problem with the (WRONG) assertion that anarchists are against rules.  It's not rules, it's rulers.  A sovereign over his own property gets to make rules.  Without this, there could be no rule of law, and without rule of law you would have what the un-initiated refer to as anarchy.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 06:42:58 PM »

Are you strawman'ing yourself?

"Familial archons"

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »

Quote from: Anarcho-fascists

While we do encourage live-spirited debate and hard-core questioning of ideas, we do have a zero tolerance policy for aggressive or abusive people and defenders of archons (religious, political or familial). This is intended to be a safe place, and we will keep it that way.

In other words, a circle jerk.

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 03:02:10 PM »

You see, this is the problem with the (WRONG) assertion that anarchists are against rules.  It's not rules, it's rulers.  A sovereign over his own property gets to make rules.  Without this, there could be no rule of law, and without rule of law you would have what the un-initiated refer to as anarchy.

While you are mostly correct (I do know the difference between rules and rulers) it reads like it was written by ardent Statists who are afraid of opinions that are TOO far from their own.  "Zero tolerance policy" - Please - straight out of the Statist Handbook for we don't want to have to look as context.  Turns question how various tenets fit into everyday life into "questions tenets" - you must be statist - are are BANNED.  Kinda like public school zero tolerance nanny statism don't you think?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 06:28:31 PM »

While you are mostly correct (I do know the difference between rules and rulers) it reads like it was written by ardent Statists who are afraid of opinions that are TOO far from their own.  "Zero tolerance policy" - Please - straight out of the Statist Handbook for we don't want to have to look as context.  Turns question how various tenets fit into everyday life into "questions tenets" - you must be statist - are are BANNED.  Kinda like public school zero tolerance nanny statism don't you think?

Fair enough.  However, I think the question is less one of whether a principled anarchist can have such a policy (and still be principled) and whether it's a good idea.  I don't think it's a good idea to squelch speech in general, either--regardless of who is doing it--but I don't think there's any inconsistency in principle.  In fact, you could argue that for some purposes, you might want to lock out all the "wrong-thinkers" (only half joking) for the purpose of honing discussion in a particular way. 

The purpose for this would be only in a limited context, however, such as a group of people who throw a bunch of money into a hat in order to invest it in some sort of "liberty-oriented" project.  If such a group found itself deliberately "attended" and "filibustered" by statists, one may wish to rid themselves.  I suspect they want to rid themselves, for the purpose of the type of discussion they want to foster in their circle, of statists.  It's not like statists can't enjoy free speech in just about every other context.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 11:57:00 PM »

Right. Even some libertarians can't have any honest debate about some things they feel strongly about. Good conversations are often squelched by people who blow a fuse over discussions involving some wedge issue like race, feminism, their own ego etc. I believe the conversation should always be open as possible. Trolls or unindoctrinated types can be used as practice to hone principled debate skills.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 11:38:56 AM »

Right. Even some libertarians can't have any honest debate about some things they feel strongly about. Good conversations are often squelched by people who blow a fuse over discussions involving some wedge issue like race, feminism, their own ego etc. I believe the conversation should always be open as possible. Trolls or unindoctrinated types can be used as practice to hone principled debate skills.

The trolls strive to stop communication altogether, unless they can turn it into whatever gets their rocks off, such as racism, as we've seen here.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 02:54:23 AM »

Right. I consider people, that tend to drag others into the same old squabble looking for a excuse to bitch, as kind of a troll as well.

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:45 AM »

And on a related note, a forum where everybody has to toe the line has got to be pretty boring.

-Dennis Goddard

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »

Right. I consider people, that tend to drag others into the same old squabble looking for a excuse to bitch, as kind of a troll as well.

I'm partial to the ones who claim people are looking for an excuse to bitch after having been trolled off topic.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  A forum for anarcho-capitalists.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.