Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  9.4% unemployment
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 9.4% unemployment  (Read 5312 times)

Fred

• View Profile
9.4% unemployment
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:50:04 PM »

Horseshit!

davann

Re: 9.4% unemployment
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 05:14:13 PM »

I doubt anyone who pays a half a bit attention believes the 9.4% government stat. Just like those in the know know not to trust government inflation numbers either.

Vegas was close to 24% at one point (not officially) but I think it has been descreasing as people just up and leave the state. It is like the fucking Great Depression here.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »

As of Nov unemployment was 5.4% in New Hampshire.
http://www.nh.gov/nhes/elmi/unempnr.htm

It's a government figure and may not be 100% accurate.  Also, it doesn't track 1-1 with those unemployment.  For example, it doesn't track those not looking for work.  In a place like NV the percentage of people not looking for work is likely higher than in NH (because they gave up looking for work due to the poor economic environment).
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »

The "unemployment rate" "dropped" because it does not count the number of people who gave up looking for work, which actually increased. And they're trying to spin this to say that the "recovery" is progressing along? HAHAHAHAAHAH!

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 09:12:41 PM »

The "unemployment rate" "dropped" because it does not count the number of people who gave up looking for work, which actually increased. And they're trying to spin this to say that the "recovery" is progressing along? HAHAHAHAAHAH!

The best part about this whole deal is that they never explian how this "recovery" can happen with nothing but service sector jobs that dont export anything of any intrinsic value to it that other countries would pour money into our economy in exchange for. As if the government just flips a switch and people just lick their wounds and get back to business as usual like nothing happened. The exact circumstances that put us in need of a recovery are exactly the same or worse than they were before the economy went to shit, and they expect anyone to believe that somehow magically, everything is recovering.  :lol:

Where do they get these people?
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »

One politician I heard reported on todays news said that he believed we were well on the road to recovery because sales were up in the last few months. NO SHIT THEY WERE UP. IT WAS FUCKING CHRISTMAS.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 10:31:12 PM »

One politician I heard reported on todays news said that he believed we were well on the road to recovery because sales were up in the last few months. NO SHIT THEY WERE UP. IT WAS FUCKING CHRISTMAS.

I don't know why, but that was hilarious.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

BKO

• FTL unAMPlifier Aluminum
  • Death is only the beginning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:32:59 AM »

And the figures do not count those who have already exhausted their unemployment benefits. Those folks are dumped back into the work pool, or ignored altogether.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:52 AM »

Ya know those old 'In Soviet Russia' joke? Soon enough they're gonna be 'In Corporate America' instead. It never ceases to amaze me the people who actually believe the lies that our unemployment rate is less than 20% nationwide.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

BonerJoe

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »

I'm curious as to how many people are on the dole in total. Social Security, government pensions, unemployment, welfare, etc.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 11:45:45 PM »

I doubt anyone who pays a half a bit attention believes the 9.4% government stat. Just like those in the know know not to trust government inflation numbers either.

Vegas was close to 24% at one point (not officially) but I think it has been descreasing as people just up and leave the state. It is like the fucking Great Depression here.

Isn't NV hurting because they depend on travel and no one wants to fly in the USA anymore?  Another casualty of the TSA.  I read that air travel was down by 13% from 2009 to 2010 (no I don't have a link)  It was in a local paper not on line.  I suspect a 13% decrease is enough to push more airlines into bankruptcy.  It would also be enough to hurt areas dependent on tourism.

davann

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »

Isn't NV hurting because they depend on travel and no one wants to fly in the USA anymore?  Another casualty of the TSA.  I read that air travel was down by 13% from 2009 to 2010 (no I don't have a link)  It was in a local paper not on line.  I suspect a 13% decrease is enough to push more airlines into bankruptcy.  It would also be enough to hurt areas dependent on tourism.

Yeah, Nevada or at least Las Vegas is almost entirely dependant on tourism. When the world goes to shit people tend to stop spending money on vacations to Vegas. Plus, Vegas really needs to start offering something not offered any where else again. I am thinking a little Amsterdam in downtown Las Vegas. Hell, even officially legalizing prostitution in Clark County would help. Who knows, maybe Vegas is going the way of Detroit. Might take longer as there was a tremendous amount of cash flowing through here at one time.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 07:57:12 AM »

They likely meant year over year for that time period.  That is the traditional definition.  Perhaps you thought month over month?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

Front Page news in the Newspaper today:
Economic Recovery! Employment on the Rebound.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

bobbysan

• Aspiring Beachbum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »

The insiders bought before releasing the numbers, then they'll sell right before they release the revised up numbers. They continually float B.S. out there and let the clueless media and "analysts" do the rest of their bidding.
The sweet pretty things are in bed now of course\The city fathers they’re trying to endorse\The reincarnation of Paul Revere’s horse\But the town has no need to be nervous
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  9.4% unemployment

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.