Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  22 April '10 Extend Show: Ian trashes politicos; "I don't trash on politicos"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 April '10 Extend Show: Ian trashes politicos; "I don't trash on politicos"  (Read 20122 times)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile

Yeah I got that, it's just that I don't like how (seemingly) every libertarian is wrapped up with anarcho-capitalism.

You're talking to the wrong crowd. Of course, the minarchist types are heavily populated with Objectivists, which you may not like, either.

I'm an Aprilist. I support Aprilism.

(Yes, that is supposed to not make sense.)
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile

I used to agree with Ian but more and more I'm coming around to Mark's way of thinking.

A lot of it is due to my girlfriend, who had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with me about the benefits of winning people over to your side versus antagonizing them with outlandish protests. She understands how this works pretty well, having a degree in psychology and being the owner of a coffee shop in a rural Mississippi town. She was involved in getting beer made legal there for the first time in the town's history.

Sure, the old ladies yelling 'you damn kids' are annoying, but if you keep pissing them off, you'll never get anything accomplished. People like that are the busy bodies, and they usually know the key players in an area and can galvanize a lot of resentment against you in a hurry. If you gradually build up support, you can start to get enough people on your side to turn the tide, like this small town did. Sure, the politicos sabotaged the bill and restricted where you could sell beer, but had people just started drinking beer on the courthouse lawn you'd had locals up in arms against you.
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

digitalfour

don't fucking cite Ghandi and Hippies and shit, because they were fighting for shit that a lot of people actually wanted, not trying to dismantle a several thousand year old concept that is so ingrained and drawn from the structure of the family unit itself that it'll probably take generations of education to turn back.

Couldn't a similar thing be said of slavery?

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile

Quote from: John Shaw
And don't even get me started on the no money having welfare baby dirty hippy dumpster diving "Left Libertarians"...

:(
He is talking about the povertarians.

I will say it anyway.  Learn to get along damn it.  If you learn to get along it can be a two pronged effort towards freedom.  You waste time energy and goodwill between the two groups of Liberty activist by not working together.  Both methods have their benefits and down sides.  It is pointless for each side to demand that the other give up entirely on their preferred method of activism.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 05:21:08 AM by libertylover »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Quote from: John Shaw
And don't even get me started on the no money having welfare baby dirty hippy dumpster diving "Left Libertarians"...

:(
He is talking about the povertarians.

I will say it anyway.  Learn to get along damn it.  If you learn to get along it can be a two pronged effort towards freedom.  You waste time energy and goodwill between the two groups of Liberty activist by not working together.  Both methods have their benefits and down sides.  It is pointless for each side to demand that the other give up entirely on their preferred method of activism.

Not working together is one thing, but working against each other is a special kind of stupid.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

working against each other is a special kind of stupid.
Is that special kind of stupid more or less stupid than smoking pot and bullhorning at the family-friendly pumpkin festival?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

Is that special kind of stupid more or less stupid than smoking pot and bullhorning at the family-friendly pumpkin festival?

More. Also a special kind of stupid: bringing up one event over and over and over and over.

Lay off it already.

Edit: you are more and more resembling a provo on here.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

bringing up one event over and over and over and over.
It's just a handy example. There are plenty more.
How many people do you know are such assholes they'd get kicked out from the food bank and asked never to try and volunteer there ever again? Well... they got that kind in Keene!!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

bringing up one event over and over and over and over.
It's just a handy example. There are plenty more.
How many people do you know are such assholes they'd get kicked out from the food bank and asked never to try and volunteer there ever again? Well... they got that kind in Keene!!

Who'd that happen to?
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance

Who'd that happen to?
At least one of the Keeniacs. Might have been more, but I know of one in particular.
Fits the profile -- here to protest, not win hearts and minds. Kind of people I'd prefer to leave NH, spend a decade or two growing up, come back when some of the ass has rubbed off.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

Who'd that happen to?
At least one of the Keeniacs. Might have been more, but I know of one in particular.
Fits the profile -- here to protest, not win hearts and minds. Kind of people I'd prefer to leave NH, spend a decade or two growing up, come back when some of the ass has rubbed off.

Well, they will grow up in NH then. I think I've mentioned before that its the kind of flakey people who havent settled down yet who are going to get there first. Imagine the western U.S. being settled way back when it was just considered "territory". The people who adventured first were the wilder, adventurous type who avoided life amongst other civilized people. Then came the leaders, those who wished to put down roots elsewhere for good, and then came their followers. These followers were the settlers were there to make a steady society and truly add some value to the world around them.

The settler type of people take a while to get there, but they stick around longer and have a wider influence over time.

ForumTroll

I wish Denis would grow up and stop whining like a toddler.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile

No, it's the kind of shit you're doing to alienate them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

This.

I wish Denis would grow up and stop whining like a toddler.
And this.

ForumTroll

I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one calling the cops on them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  22 April '10 Extend Show: Ian trashes politicos; "I don't trash on politicos"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 59 queries.