Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  2010 Census Job Question
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Census Job Question  (Read 1333 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
2010 Census Job Question
« on: December 19, 2009, 01:13:24 AM »

I have been looking for an alternative way to make money and a friend suggested I apply for a temporary Census Job.  We need the money but I am conflicted because I am kind of against the government acquiring so much information on private individuals.

I am scheduled for the test today.  I am cringing at filling out my information on the application and I don't even want to take the census myself.  I feeling bad because this job might be going against my principles concerning privacy.  I quit a job with the prison system years ago because of war on drugs and the stupidity of putting people in prison for marijuana. 

Is this selling out or just a job get over it?

Rebinial

Re: 2010 Census Job Question
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:25:34 AM »

I need a job bigtime and have passed this one.  I was a state worker in MN and always felt some kind of vague responsibility attached to my job.  I quit and came to FL and am now totally unemployable.  Luckily, I have this ability to live this way for now.  Good Luck hun! and Know if you take this job...I, for one, do not think its a fault to feed your family!

blackie

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:42 AM »

Just get over it, pretty much. Someone is going to do it even if you don't. Also, it's not like these jobs last for a long time, it's temporary. It's also easier to get another job if you already have one.

If you do take the job, don't be pushy. I don't hold a grudge against the census workers, unless they are pushy dicks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 09:28:14 AM by blackie »

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »

Just get over it, pretty much. Someone is going to do it even if you don't. Also, it's not like these jobs last for a long time, it's temporary. It's also easier to get another job if you already have one.

If you do take the job, don't be pushy. I don't hold a grudge against the census workers, unless they are pushy dicks.
Pretty much this.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  2010 Census Job Question

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.