Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  10,000 pledge "liberty migration" to New Hampshire
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10,000 pledge "liberty migration" to New Hampshire  (Read 10617 times)

One two three

• View Profile
Re: 10,000 pledge "liberty migration" to New Hampshire
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 01:39:25 AM »

My roommate's dad lives there.  I've heard many stories.  And I've seen many stats.  For example, did you see this?
http://www.heritage.org/index/Ranking.aspx

Keep in mind, NH is near the freest place in the US.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:03 AM »

Costa Rica has beautiful beaches, bombing waves (if you surf), rain forests full of howler monkeys, and tropical weather year round. 

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 12:31:54 PM »

Costa Rica has beautiful beaches, bombing waves (if you surf), rain forests full of howler monkeys, and tropical weather year round.  

I agree.  It is a good place to visit.  And the government there wants you to visit.  However, it greatly discourages folks moving there, unless they are very rich.  And well, the freedom, it is highly lacking.  

Again, a great place to visit but it seems like a worse than average place for a liberty migration.  
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

davann

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »

It also has bot flies if you are into that sort of thing.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGFXrwMW_Xo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGFXrwMW_Xo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

ForumTroll

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »

Mmm, monkies.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »

The biggest thing NH has going for it IMO is the structure of the government. You really can show up here and in 2 years be a State Representative. Your State Reps and Senators here really will take you call, at their house. No staff, no screeners. All people have to do is show up and get active.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 12:16:05 PM »

The biggest thing NH has going for it IMO is the structure of the government. You really can show up here and in 2 years be a State Representative. Your State Reps and Senators here really will take you call, at their house. No staff, no screeners. All people have to do is show up and get active.

Well, I'm not the type to bag on political activism, (Hey, if you wanna get involved it's none of my business...) but it's sorta like you just said "Join the KKK and you can be a grand wizard within two years of stringing up your first kike or nigger!* All you have to do is show up to the meetings!"

I'm just sayin'. (Nothing personal here, Dennis.)

*I hate racial epithets, but I think in this case the viciousness of them brings the point home.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »

I have often wondered if the whole point of the FSP is so a few libertarian types could get "state rep" or some other elected title onto their resume.

NotYourSlave

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »

I have often wondered if the whole point of the FSP is so a few libertarian types could get "state rep" or some other elected title onto their resume.

Eh, I wouldn't count on political change.  For me, it'd be more about meeting freedom loving peoples, which is valuable in and of itself.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 02:21:41 PM »

Resume? Are you serious?
Most days I get my lunch at the Concord Boloco (burrito place). It turns out, the guy who works the register there was a State Rep for a few years. He's not unusual. Reps are retirees, contractors, auto mechanics, landlords, and yes, guys who work at the burrito place.

It's hard to deprogram people who weren't born here -- there's no money in NH politics. NH has a citizen legislature, not a "legislative class".

The reason I focus on the legislature is because it's the only realistic way I see major changes happening anytime soon, and because I've seen those changes happen. We came within 1 vote of getting medical MJ (1 more state senator and we'd ahve overridden the governor's veto). We got same-sex marriage -- by a thin margin, like 1 dozen votes IIRC. We lose dozens & dozens of issues every year by similar margins.

2-3 dozen people in the House and we'd be passing all those things: legalizing MJ (which we're passing more & more already), fully-informed juries, home schooling, eliminating bureaucracies, etc, etc, etc.

The calculus is so simple: have volunteers go to every single court every single jury selection day to hand out literature that most people will view as "unauthorized" and hence suspect, or get a FIJA law passed so that the courts themselves have to inform every juror about nullification?

Activists who work on only 1 issue are getting low return on investment.
Activists who think that a few dozen activists going to jail will somehow "bring the system down" are simply wrong.
Activists who know that "politics won't change anything" presumably are not looking at the roll call votes -- or can't do math.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:24:58 PM by d_goddard »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:13 PM »

Activists who work on only 1 issue are getting low return on investment.

Well... In most cases. The gun rights people do pretty well. Kinda need guns for any other freedom cause to have teeth, you know?

Activists who think that a few dozen activists going to jail will somehow "bring the system down" are simply wrong.

I agree.

Activists who know that "politics won't change anything" presumably are not looking at the roll call votes -- or can't do math.

Probably true.

Nevertheless, you fail to account for another group, people who won't join the Mafia/KKK/SS to reform it from the inside, because you can't reform the basic function of an organization from what it is designed to do. The purpose of government is to steal shit and fuck people up. I won't stuff my hand into a box of snakes in the hopes that doing so will make snakes never bite me.

Again, you wanna go hang out with evil people and try to convince them that they're evil, while you're slopping from the same trough, even a nibble, you go right ahead. While you're at it, you should convince the religious to be atheists while attending their church.

I'll be over here, sippin' mah mint julep and spinnin' mah parasol.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:24:16 PM by John Shaw »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »

The purpose of government is to steal shit and fuck people up.
Now you and I both know that is only 50% true. It is also a side-effect that comes part-and-parcel with any Deal with the Devil  :twisted:

The people in Government in the USA pretty much all know that, at least in theory, they are supposed to obey the Constitution. The supermajority would even be aware that meant the Government really isn't supposed to do certain things.

The fact that none of them today takes that shit seriously at the Federal level nor in most states does not alter the fact that 213 such people could quite conceivably be elected in NH in the next decade or so. And that's all it would take to pwn. Lemme see, bill #1: secede; bill #2, allow competition in all State functions; bill #3, go the fuck home, stop there, come back in 2 years :P

BTW, goin' to be at the Liberty Forum in 2 hours. Finishing up work now. This is my one & only night out for LF. w00t!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:33:53 PM by d_goddard »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »

The purpose of government is to steal shit and fuck people up.
Now you and I both know that is only 50% true. It is also a side-effect that comes part-and-parcel with any Deal with the Devil  :twisted:

Exactly, which is why I don't make deals with the devil.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 04:02:43 PM »

I don't make deals with the devil.
Is them gubmint sidewalks you walkin' on, boy?

davann

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 04:04:25 PM »

It's hard to deprogram people who weren't born here -- there's no money in NH politics. NH has a citizen legislature, not a "legislative class".

Highly doubtful if there are liquor licensing approval is voted upon. Or how about licensing for adult themed businesses? Or just take your pick of any licensing that is approved or denied by city or county council. Zoning alone keeps small level elected officials bringing home the bacon. The small pay in N.H. only encourages this type of under the table dealings. It is a negative as it results in less transparency for the public.

I was born on a Monday, but not last Monday.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  10,000 pledge "liberty migration" to New Hampshire

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.