Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  (video) Festivus - Liberty Style (Non-Permitted Courthouse Protest)
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (video) Festivus - Liberty Style (Non-Permitted Courthouse Protest)  (Read 1359 times)

TheVigilantes

• View Profile

I decided to air my grievances at the local courthouse. I've had a few run-ins with the system (I was sued by some deadbeats) and couldn't afford a lawyer. So I lost...when I had hard evidence to back up my case and they had just their word. Anyway that's another topic, another day. A full length documentary will be released about it with the next 2 months.

One of the things I noticed through my experience with the court system was that the judges' actions are pretty anonymous. With the exception of a few news stories that can be found on Google we really have no way to keep track of how the judges are doing. How many cases they are presiding over, how many cases they've had overturned, things like that. So a lightbulb popped over my head and I came up with a few ideas for "The Judicial Accountability Act" . To spread the word I figured a protest was in order.

Anyway I tried to do the "legal thing" as much as I oppose it by applying for a protest permit. I didn't hear from the government people for two weeks so I gave them a call. They said approval was held up due to location. I wanted to protest right in front of the courthouse steps in the courtyard. An area that is open to the public...HOWEVER the lady on the phone said it was "government property." I said, "Well, government property is paid for by the public. Legally whomever pays for something is by default the owner, right?" She refused to comment.

Anyway they never approved my permit. I even asked the lady if the location is no good then to please let me know where I can legally protest and approve that. So I went back to Plan A and demonstrated anyway. See what happened here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN56fc2T738[/youtube]

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: (video) Festivus - Liberty Style (Non-Permitted Courthouse Protest)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »

Bullhorns suck man.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

TheVigilantes

• View Profile
Re: (video) Festivus - Liberty Style (Non-Permitted Courthouse Protest)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 05:48:05 PM »

Bullhorns suck man.

What doesn't suck then? I want to be cool next time...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  (video) Festivus - Liberty Style (Non-Permitted Courthouse Protest)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.