Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ian
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ian  (Read 29074 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ian
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2008, 03:10:29 AM »

"During the FSP Liberty Forum 2007 I had the extreme displeasure of sitting at a table full of "new age christian libertarians" who advocated the "pro-life" position...When I asked them how they reconciled their cognitive dissonance with a woman's exclusive 100 percent right to her body, and what is or isn't in it(penis or fetus), and her right to be left completely alone from looters and parasites(both internal and external)...AND...their ADMISSION TO ME VERBALLY RIGHT THEN AND THERE...that they would "tie a woman up until the child was born"...they just became more vicious, insulting, and disgusting..."

This is why we can't have nice things.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
Re: "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ia
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2008, 01:46:08 AM »

Kevin, I'm not sure how many times I have to say that action plays a critical role.  Looking at your belief system, I'd say it melds perfectly with the idea of law of attraction.  You can call it "positive thinking and action", and it's still the same concept.

No one has suggested abdicating responsibility.  Law of attraction and deliberate creation is about accepting responsibility for what you are putting into the universe, and hopefully constantly improving on it.

I still don't understand why you choose to use the word "god" when describing such beliefs.  Given the typical use of the word, and what it stands to mean to the majority of the population, I find it bewildering that you would attach it to yourself in any way. Albert Einstein often use the word "god" to mean the laws of nature and now many years later it is used by religious folk to as "evidence" to back up their creationist garbage. See Einstein believed in god, see see!

I don't mean this to be confrontational, I simply don't understand and would like to know your thought process behind it. If you would further explain what it is that you actually believe, maybe this thread could die with everyone's acceptance.

Answered here:
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=22053.msg436638#msg436638
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ian
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2008, 02:32:38 AM »

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2010, 03:00:33 AM »

Necro:
[

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2010, 06:12:47 AM »

I dabbled in agnostic Judaism until I shifted into pantheistic Judaism.  I'm pretty concrete now.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Shouldn't the atheists be getting upset at my transition to pantheism?" -Ian

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.