Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Mystery Hotel" offers.. anyone know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Mystery Hotel" offers.. anyone know?  (Read 2597 times)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
"Mystery Hotel" offers.. anyone know?
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:31:31 PM »

I'm planning a trip to FL, lookin' around for deals on rooms. Bookit.com has a couple for 3-4 star hotels, but the catch is you don't know where you're staying until you've booked the room.

Any of ya ever booked a "Mystery" room?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

blackie

Re: "Mystery Hotel" offers.. anyone know?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »

That sounds fucked up.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:08:26 PM »

What my parents did when I was a kid to get good deals. Dad calls over the phone well in advance and books a room. The family drives to destination and mom goes into the hotel first. She tries booking a similar room and they quote her a new price. If the new price is better, cancel the old booking and go with the new one. Otherwise, stick with the old one.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 03:15:39 AM »

I have used the "Top secret hotel option" from travelocity.com , and I got a decent 2 star hotel for $40 near Seattle, regular price for the room booking thru the hotel it self was like 90, i believe it has a review of the hotel before you buy it, so u can see check which hotel review it is site-ing to possibly know which hotel you are getting.

If you just want a cheaper hotel room and don't care where in the city the mystery option is a good way to go.

Kayak.com is also a good way to find hotels / flights

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »

Cool. The only hint on the one I'm considering is that it's right at the entry to Disney Village, and others have rated it it at about 4 stars, so I'm thinking it can't be too bad.

I might try anarchir's tip too!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

ciscokid1024

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 05:03:45 PM »

I have used Priceline a lot and I have been happy with the results. Usually I can get a room for half or a little more than half price by using the name your own price option.

It is the same deal, you don't know what hotel you are going to get just the area and the number of stars. The rooms have always been good. Once I got a room in RTP NC for $25 that had two beds, a couch, 2 TVs and a little kitchen. Recently I got a room for a week in Herdon, VA for $50 a night where the list price is over $100 so it has worked out well for me. This was a room with a king size bed, couch, and a desk and chair with about a 45" flat screen that rotated so you could watch from the couch or the bed and it was a Hyatt so it was pretty nice all the way around.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »

I like to take the Free Family Deal by whats known as the parking-lot lotto.  You wait in the parking lot of the hotel of your choice until a guy comes out to a mini-van full of kids, wife and luggage, take his hotel key, and burn their bodies in the van somewhere in the Everglades.  Its usually a seven day, six night package, with two rooms and gate passes. 

If they only have the four day, three night - do it twice. 

Its very economical, and theres always loads of extra goodies.  iPods, bonus cash, laptops.  You really can't beat it. 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:29:22 PM »

Duly noted Mr. B.

I'll have to talk it over with the missus though.. you know how these things can be.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »

I think that "mystery room" thing seems so shady. Why do they even want to do such a thing, unless they are having real difficulty getting customers. And if they are having trouble drumming up business, why are the customers avoiding the place, so much that the place needs to sell rooms anonymously and without using its own brand??
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Mystery Hotel" offers.. anyone know?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 32 queries.