Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Libertarians" r idiots...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Libertarians" r idiots...  (Read 4839 times)

davann

Re: "Libertarians" r idiots...
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 05:50:50 PM »

I experienced the same type of thing in November of 2007 during a Ron Paul sign thingy. It was a little sad. But, I came from the conspiracy crowd myself. Now I won't have anything to do with them. Some of these nuts can be turned. Not all of them are a pox. Very irritating, but that there is fertile ground. Most see there is something seriously wrong but have not found the correct answer yet. Be the light in the dark room for them. Turn them to anarchy.

Jetfire

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

The sad thing is I gave my number and email at the beginning of the meeting and now I'm getting contacted by the group organizer. I'm thinking maybe I can influence and give some direction to the group since I pretty much led the discussion half the time. I just don't really care to hear anymore conspiracy theories. Would be my first time trying to lead something though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 06:14:55 PM by Dave »

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

I experienced the same type of thing in November of 2007 during a Ron Paul sign thingy. It was a little sad.

:lol:

"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

lspooner

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:42 PM »

There are Democrats who think racist language should be outlawed.  Republicans who think you should get the death penalty for smoking pot.  Both groups of people are in favor of creating a more authoritarian government than the one we have, legislating their wackiness.  And Libertarians are the ones who get a bad rap because some of them simply believe  wacky things?  How much sense does that make? 

Amen.  If someone is going to think libertarians are nuts, not promoting "conspiracy theories" is not going to deter them.  Wouldn't it be nice if all libertarians would act the same and believe in all the right things. :roll:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 06:52:09 AM by lspooner »

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 01:04:46 AM »

I'm thankful I haven't run into this problem (yet), but that's probably because I tend not to seek out libertarian gatherings, especially LP gatherings.  I've mainly had contact with think tank libertarians, and they probably tend to be less conspiracy nuttish.  Of course, it's mostly intellectual masturbation when talking to think tankers, but I'm cool with that.  At this point in my life I'm not into rocking the boat too much.

ziggy_encaoua

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 01:08:04 AM »

There are Democrats who think racist language should be outlawed.  Republicans who think you should get the death penalty for smoking pot.  Both groups of people are in favor of creating a more authoritarian government than the one we have, legislating their wackiness.  And Libertarians are the ones who get a bad rap because some of them simply believe  wacky things?  How much sense does that make? 

Amen.  If someone is going to think libertarians are nuts, not promoting "conspiracy theories" is going to deter them.  Wouldn't it be nice if all libertarians would act the same and believe in all the right things. :roll:

Never mind conspiracy theories people this side of the pond think your nuts for suggesting people should be able to own guns

pete1061

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2009, 02:13:38 AM »

I think all political parties should be abolished.

Political parties just promote labeling and pigeon-holeing.
It detracts from the issues, politicians spend all their energy on party banner waving.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Libertarians" r idiots...

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.