Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "It's not a beauty contest, ladies!!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: "It's not a beauty contest, ladies!!"  (Read 59242 times)

fickenbaisage

Re: "It's not a beauty contest, ladies!!"
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2006, 02:54:26 AM »

That makes sense, because teenage girls tend to be less secure than older women.

Teenage girls are mean.

Teenagers, generally, are insane.  I wouldn't mind being one again if I could do so knowing what I know now, but there's no way in hell you could make me go back otherwise. 

My girlfriend won't deny it. She is pretty fucking insane!

ladyattis

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2006, 03:09:24 AM »

That makes sense, because teenage girls tend to be less secure than older women.

Teenage girls are mean.

Teenagers, generally, are insane.  I wouldn't mind being one again if I could do so knowing what I know now, but there's no way in hell you could make me go back otherwise. 

Tweenagers are generally insane too. :shock:

-- Bridget

Bill Brasky

« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2006, 03:31:32 AM »

Heh. 

Punks.  Teens are insane cause they got nuthin to lose.  Match 'em up with a silverback who has an equally wide streak of "I dont give a fuck".. 

You'll see some teens scurrying the hell outta there like their ass was on fire. 

Every adult remembers the first time they were noobs and tripped clumsy-footed into a rats nest of insane grown-ups. 

mbd

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to invoke an old saying. Those sayings get old for a reason. But looks are important too. I don't think success necessarily depends on looking a specific way, but, to use an example, people hire people that look like them. So if physical beauty was as objective a concept as this thread seems to imply, the beautiful would promote the beautiful, the ugly would promote the ugly, and the average person would kick butt all over the place.

And since assplay has been called, I'll depart as quickly as I arrived.

Thank you.

lapafrax

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2006, 01:43:43 PM »

Fat is the new skinny. With more people becoming obese, your perversions will be in the minority soon enough.

Only fat people say that.

lapafrax

« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2006, 01:44:30 PM »

Like I said, beauty is subjective.

PC bullshit.
The thread, however, is about looks, which is why I assumed Lindsey's post was as well.

Duh.  Looks rule.

ladyattis

« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »

Looks don't make things that are useful. I'll take the fugly blacksmith while you have the dumb blonde bitch. When you need something useful I'll just charge you double and a night with your dumb blonde bitch.

-- Bridget

lapafrax

« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »

ATTENTION: ASSPLAY!

-- Bridget

Is that something...sexual?

It's something Bridget likes to do from time to time.   :lol:

I miss you...oh god I just miss you Lindsey! :cry:

Did I die? 

Only my internet died.  My persona worked 60+ hours last week. 

Your internet persona did.

On the internets we become different people.

True!  No one is themselves on the net.  There IS no point!

lapafrax

« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2006, 01:47:39 PM »

Looks don't make things that are useful. I'll take the fugly blacksmith while you have the dumb blonde bitch. When you need something useful I'll just charge you double and a night with your dumb blonde bitch.

-- Bridget

But she'd still be good looking though.  That trumps all.

ladyattis

« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2006, 01:49:02 PM »

-- Bridget

No, Nature trumps all, and she's a fugly bitch. Btw, I think you didn't get the point of my post. Usefulness always beats beauty in that beauty must be useful or it's shit. Sorta like your bullshit position in your tagline.

-- Bridget

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

-- Bridget

No, Nature trumps all, and she's a fugly bitch.

...and Nature has evolved men to value beautiful women.  Therefore, beauty must be useful for something. 

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2006, 02:15:24 PM »

PC bullshit.

PC has nothing to do with it. Everyone has different opinions as to what looks good. For example, I find small men attractive, and I prefer pale skin to tan. But there are certainly a lot of ladies who would disagree. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 03:24:10 PM by Soundwave »
Julia

ladyattis

« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »

...and Nature has evolved men to value beautiful women.  Therefore, beauty must be useful for something. 

Right, and Ms. Anorexic is beautiful? :lol: Give me a break! If you can show that beauty can cure a disease or feed an empty stomach, I'll listen. But if you can't will you accept that when blood meets knuckle, utility trumps all?

-- Bridget

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2006, 03:28:49 PM »

Right, and Ms. Anorexic is beautiful?

Did I say she was?  I don't consider anorexics beautiful, and neither do most men.  Nor have they ever.  That comment is entirely out of left field. 

If you can show that beauty can cure a disease or feed an empty stomach, I'll listen. But if you can't will you accept that when blood meets knuckle, utility trumps all?

Beauty is useful because it is valued, and Nature has selected for it to be valued.  It's as simple as that. 

lapafrax

« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2006, 03:31:39 PM »

PC bullshit.

PC has nothing to do with it. Everyone has different opinions as to what looks good. For example, I find small men attractive, and I prefer pale skin to tan. But there are certainly a lot of ladies who would disagree. 

It is PC.  You're simply appeasing the ugly people out there! 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "It's not a beauty contest, ladies!!"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.