Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Global Warming"
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Global Warming"  (Read 1455 times)

sharkman

"Global Warming"
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:58:37 PM »

This farce is one of the biggest takers of liberty today.  The "Global Warming" people don't want us to drill for oil.  They want us to drive in these little cars.  They want us to give up delicious steaks and burgers.  What about my liberty?  What if I love veal?  Am I supposed to give that up?  For what?  What about my liberty?  Drilling for oil, packing heat, eating steaks, driving the biggest truck you can drive and flying your private jet everywhere is liberty in its purest form.

BonerJoe

Re: "Global Warming"
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 03:44:03 AM »

STFU, Libman.

sharkman

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:55:53 AM »

Never gonna happen... :D

Alex Libman 15

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 04:16:54 AM »

That wasn't me.  Anywayz, from Reuters -- U.N. climate meeting was propaganda: Czech president --

Czech President Václav Klaus sharply criticized a U.N. meeting on climate change on Tuesday at which U.S. President Barack Obama was among the top speakers, describing it as propagandistic and undignified.

"It was sad and it was frustrating," said Klaus, one of the world's most vocal skeptics on the topic of global warming.

"It's a propagandistic exercise where 13-year-old girls from some far-away country perform a pre-rehearsed poem," he said. "It's simply not dignified."

At the opening of the summit attended by nearly 100 world leaders, 13-year-old Yugratna Srivastava of India told the audience that governments were not doing enough to combat the threat of climate change.

Klaus said there were increasing doubts in the scientific community about whether humans are causing changes in the climate or whether the changes are simply naturally occurring phenomena.

But politicians, he said, seem to be moving closer to a consensus on climate change.

"The train can't be stopped and I consider that a huge mistake," Klaus said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon organized the climate summit to help create momentum before a U.N. meeting in Copenhagen in December to reach agreement on new targets for reducing so-called greenhouse gas emissions.

However, new proposals by China and a rallying cry from U.S. President Barack Obama did little to break a U.N. deadlock about what should be done.

Klaus published a book in 2007 on the worldwide campaign to stop climate change entitled "Blue Planet in Green Chains: What Is Under Threat -- Climate or Freedom?"    [BT]

In the book, Klaus said global warming has turned into a new religion, an ideology that threatens to undermine freedom and the world's economic and social order.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43:17 AM »

I would like to announce the start up of the Vaclav Klaaus North American Fan Club.  Why can't we have a President this smart?  

Oh, that is right the scientific consensus is man made global warming.  Poor guy has fallen into the trap of believing the nature based theory of global warming by those quack scientist not employed by the government.   Did the little girl point to a picture of a polar bear?  You know that is standard equipment for any global warming speech about how temperature is all our fault.  

Vaclav Klaaus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Global Warming"

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.