Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  'Everyday Anarchy' - a free book from Freedomain Radio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Everyday Anarchy' - a free book from Freedomain Radio  (Read 11271 times)

Taors

Re: 'Everyday Anarchy' - a free book from Freedomain Radio
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2008, 03:34:04 PM »

My parents are both conservative Christians. I am not. Yet, I can still love them and spend time with them for who they are. I'm sorry that you can't do the same, Vince, just because your mommy spanked you a few times because you spilled some milk, and doesn't agree with Stefan Molyneux's views.

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2008, 04:12:37 PM »

So did you want to point out what is unreasonable about choosing not to spend time with a person who thinks your worldview is evil?  Or that thinks you should be thrown in prison?  Or were you just going to set up more strawmen?

Why does it bother you so much that I don't associate with my mom?  You seem to be taking it personally.  I'm spending my time in a way that will produce maximum happiness for me and the people I care about.  Why does that upset you so much?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:28:38 PM by Pres. of Vincentia »
Go figure...

RAD!

Taors

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »

So did you want to point out what is unreasonable about choosing not to spend time with a person who thinks your worldview is evil?  Or that thinks you should be thrown in prison?  Or were you just going to set up more strawmen?

Why does it bother you so much that I don't associate with my mom?  You seem to be taking it personally.  I'm spending my time in a way that will produce maximum happiness for me and the people I care about.  Why does that upset you so much?

What upsets me is this cult-like mentality that follows Stefan and FDR around. You're not an exception.

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »

So then you agree that it is completely reasonable to choose not to spend time with a person who thinks your worldview is evil?  Or that thinks you should be thrown in prison? 

I asked earlier and I got no response:

What is "cult-like" about FDR?  Or about me?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:30:21 PM by Pres. of Vincentia »
Go figure...

RAD!

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 06:36:42 PM »

Well, technically I don't, but I did purchase his audiobooks (about $60) which I viewed as a donation (since it was just a download).  So view that however you'd like (donation or not, whichever you prefer to make your point).

The reason I did is because I have listened to...oh....about 100 of his podcasts over the last couple years and felt I should pay him for that.  As I said, I felt like I get value out of almost each one I listen to (there are of course podcasts where he merely rehashes ideas I have already had, or when he has positions that I disagree with, particularly on IP)

But I donate $50 a month to FTL...because I think is going to do more for the cause of liberty than FDR, since it is more "mainstream" and entertaining than FDR.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 06:38:58 PM by Pres. of Vincentia »
Go figure...

RAD!

Taors

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2008, 01:10:18 AM »

Stefan Molyneux is a sack of shit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  'Everyday Anarchy' - a free book from Freedomain Radio

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.