Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Dr." Laura hangs up her mic
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Dr." Laura hangs up her mic  (Read 8332 times)

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
"Dr." Laura hangs up her mic
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:01:50 AM »

The turkey-necked talk show host, famous for "helping" callers by word-whipping them into tears on her radio call-in show, announced she's leaving the airwaves after using racial epithets on the air.  http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/18/dr-laura-to-end-radio-show-at-years-end-after-n-word-controv/

I've never understood the appeal of her or her show, and could never manage to listen to it for more than a few minutes.

I'm hoping some of the stations that lose her will put FTL in that slot.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: "Dr." Laura hangs up her mic
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 11:23:14 AM »

I hate that bitch.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »

I hate her too, but the reason for her quitting-- having simply uttered the word "nigger" on air-- seems rotten to me.  She didn't call someone a nigger, either.  She was just talking about the word without calling it "The N word." 

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »

I hate her too, but the reason for her quitting-- having simply uttered the word "nigger" on air-- seems rotten to me.  She didn't call someone a nigger, either.  She was just talking about the word without calling it "The N word." 

I agree with Rillion on this issue.  Don't like her but the reason stinks.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »

I agree with Rillion on this issue.  Don't like her but the reason stinks.

Certainly puts things into a different light.  Then again, one way to look at it is that the market has spoke (at least, I hope the FCC had nothing to do with it.)

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 01:02:51 PM »

I agree it's the wrong reason to yank the show. I don't like the show, and so don't listen.

Perhaps the real reason has more to do with falling listenership. In AM radio  it's all a numbers game.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

Riddler

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:13:43 PM »

Then again, one way to look at it is that the market has spoke

unfortunately, the ''market'' , w/ respect to insulting afr.-americans,  is typically the al sharpton/jesse jackson road show.....whipping up racial tension in a town near you.
sponsors & company execs fall all over themselves to eradicate the object of a.s. & j.j's scorn/lawsuit/boycott combo platter

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 01:49:49 PM »

unfortunately, the ''market'' , w/ respect to insulting afr.-americans,  is typically the al sharpton/jesse jackson road show.....whipping up racial tension in a town near you.
sponsors & company execs fall all over themselves to eradicate the object of a.s. & j.j's scorn/lawsuit/boycott combo platter

I don't have a problem with that, as long as everyone has a voice.  I'm all for letting idiot white supremacists show their stripes too.  I, for one, like to know who all those assholes are.

Riddler

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »

I don't have a problem with that, as long as everyone has a voice.  I'm all for letting idiot white supremacists show their stripes too.  I, for one, like to know who all those assholes are.

the prob. i have w/ it, is that those two basically extort monies from big businesses, by threatening boycotts & lawsuits, and their fat mouths are amplified by an all-too-eager media.
i don't see any other racial mouthpeices doing any of this to benefit whites, asians, latinos & if there were, (esp. white or asian) the media would be heading in the opposite direction.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »

I don't have a problem with that, as long as everyone has a voice.  I'm all for letting idiot white supremacists show their stripes too.  I, for one, like to know who all those assholes are.

the prob. i have w/ it, is that those two basically extort monies from big businesses, by threatening boycotts & lawsuits, and their fat mouths are amplified by an all-too-eager media.
i don't see any other racial mouthpeices doing any of this to benefit whites, asians, latinos & if there were, (esp. white or asian) the media would be heading in the opposite direction.

Extort?  I can't see anything other than perhaps law suits that way, and it's nothing other blowhard special interest groups don't do.

Riddler

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 02:54:18 PM »

Extort?  I can't see anything other than perhaps law suits that way, and it's nothing other blowhard special interest groups don't do.

those guys have squeezed millions of dollars out of big corporations...........

Terrified of negative publicity, fearful of a consumer boycott or eager to make nice with the civil-rights activist, CEOs write checks, critics say, to NAN and Sharpton – who brandishes the buying power of African-American consumers. In some cases, they hire him as a consultant.
The cash flows even as the US Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn has been conducting a grand-jury investigation of NAN’s finances.
A General Motors spokesman told The Post that NAN had repeatedly – and unsuccessfully – asked for contributions for six years, beginning in August 2000.
Then, in December 2006, Sharpton threatened to call a boycott of the carmaker over the closing of an African-American-owned GM dealership in The Bronx, and he picketed outside GM headquarters on Fifth Avenue.
Last year, General Motors gave NAN a $5,000 donation. It gave $5,000 more this year, a spokesman said, calling NAN a ‘worthy’ organization.
In November 2003, Sharpton picketed DaimlerChrysler’s Chicago car show and threatened a boycott over alleged racial bias in car loans.
‘This is institutional racism,’ he bellowed.
In May 2004, Chrysler began supporting NAN’s conferences, which include panels on corporate responsibility and civil rights and a black-tie awards dinner to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Last year, Sharpton gave Chrysler an award for corporate excellence.
In 2003, Sharpton targeted American Honda for not hiring enough African-Americans in management.
‘We support those that support us,’ wrote Sharpton and the Rev. Horace Sheffield III, president of NAN’s Michigan chapter, in a letter to American Honda. ‘We cannot be silent while African-Americans spend hard-earned dollars with a company that does not hire, promote or do business with us in a statistically significant manner.’
Two months after American Honda execs met with Sharpton, the carmaker began to sponsor NAN’s events – and continues to pay ‘a modest amount’ each year, a spokesman said.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3875/are-you-funding-racist-thug-weird-al-sharpton/

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:18 PM »

From what I've seen, Schlussel is hardly an objective source.  At best, she would seem to be a rabid zionist, and likely a racist, herself.

Riddler

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 03:08:42 PM »

these incidents have been reported by plenty of other sources....
she didn't make this shit up, no matter her agenda.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »

From what I've seen, Schlussel is hardly an objective source.  At best, she would seem to be a rabid zionist, and likely a racist, herself.

Yeah, it's a shame, because she used to be an almost cool person. (An Objectivist)

She must have sold out for a dude or a check. Also, she's a little chunkier than she used to be but she's still hot.

<<<Like's 'em chunky anyhow.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Riddler

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »

kinda funny, she uses an older, thinner/hotter head-shot on her website.
that looks NOTHING like her current self
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "Dr." Laura hangs up her mic

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.