Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "concern" trolling - does it work?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "concern" trolling - does it work?  (Read 5921 times)

davann

Re: "concern" trolling - does it work?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »

I don't think what Denis does is troll either

I agree with you.  He seems sincere to me. 

Dennis is about the only one I've heard in N.H. that seems reasonable and makes sense. Mark being another.

The Freak Staters are not accomplishing anything but turning off those that agree with them. The immaturity is shocking.

I am actually on the fence right now of pulling my amp money. All it will take is one more silly story of Ian acting like a child in public.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: "concern" trolling - does it work?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 02:40:33 PM »

I don't think what Denis does is troll either

I agree with you.  He seems sincere to me. 

Dennis is about the only one I've heard in N.H. that seems reasonable and makes sense. Mark being another.

He's over-the-top pissy about it, and the name-calling is a perfect example of why someone who's not state-oriented and/or a government employee doesn't quite so the issue as so divisive.

The Freak Staters are not accomplishing anything but turning off those that agree with them. The immaturity is shocking.

This is not true.  They are attracting more people who think it's working.  That's not nothing.  Do I agree with everything they do?  No.  It's just that my hyperbole alarm went off.

I am actually on the fence right now of pulling my amp money. All it will take is one more silly story of Ian acting like a child in public.

I agree.  For me it's not about the type of activism.  It's about them being in-your-face about it, and giving the bureaucrats a good case for saying the activists are "picking on them." 

It's one thing to insist on living free, and be willing to pay the consequences, and try to break the system.  It's another thing to claim that you're trying to "work inside the system" by having a "drinking game" at one of their events.  This is purely dishonest and despicable.  It takes a good point (that the open container law is just plain stupid) and makes it difficult to support the that truth with the people who've been "played" by the activists, or agreed with the bureaucrats.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "concern" trolling - does it work?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.