Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "concern" trolling - does it work?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "concern" trolling - does it work?  (Read 5919 times)

ox

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
"concern" trolling - does it work?
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:06:05 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29#Concern_troll

A concern troll is a false flag pseudonym created by a user whose actual point of view is opposed to the one that the user's sockpuppet  claims to hold. The concern troll posts in web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group's actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns". The goal is to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt within the group.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:25:19 PM by ox »

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: "concern" trolling - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:57:37 AM »

FUD! Yeah, it works I bet. Its difficult to spot though, unless the person is an idiot.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:04:55 AM »

what the fuck, nigger?

ForumTroll

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:09:55 AM »

Are you trying to tell me something, Lance?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 03:25:22 AM »

Or somebody.

Don' wanna say who but the initials are Braskey.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »

"Concern troll" is also, perhaps more often, used as a slur against anyone in a movement who cares about how that movement is represented. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »

Or somebody.

Now I'm doubly confused.  

No.  I just thought this was interesting.  I've heard Keene cops say this to people multiple times and now it strikes me that this is pretty much exactly what some people (not you) do here as well.

Without examples, its hard to agree or disagree.  

I know that I'm morally opposed to giving the statists a reason to increase their numbers.  And you know as well as I do that the bureaucratic process doesn't miss an opportunity to pump itself up.  They count things, they keep records, they legitimize themselves.  Given the chance, they would like to appoint a special goddamn taskforce to directly handle the Keene folks, but that would actually legitimize them.  And they can't do that.  So it'll have to remain a burr under many saddles, and it'll be dealt with like a problem.  

What the officials in Keene should actually do, but can't, would be to appoint a liaison.  A plain clothed sheriffs deputy who has arrest powers, but is instructed to use them only as a last resort.  No cop car, he drives a blank vehicle.  He shows up at events, finds out what the hustle is.  Advance recon.  He confiscates their dope at 420's, which gets old really fast - losing your shit for no damn reason.  

The thing is, the cops have to respond to these situations.  If they don't, the normal citizen will get pissed, and the events will become increasingly dramatic until they are given recognition.  But if you send the town "Public Safety Officer", he'd just stand around and make sure nobody got hurt, nobody accosted moving traffic, shit like that.  He could pull a folding chair out of his trunk, put a little schmear of white stuff on his nose like a lifeguard, and watch the children play.  They'd be so fuckin' offended, they'd probably disburse all by themselves.  

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »

Or somebody.

Now I'm doubly confused.  

Don't be.  In a drunken stupor it sound funny in my head, so I typed it.  Now, not so much.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Bill Brasky

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »

Or somebody.

Now I'm doubly confused.  

Don't be.  In a drunken stupor it sound funny in my head, so I typed it.  Now, not so much.

It should translate perfectly into my drunken head, like telepathic whale song. 

wreeoot, oooorreeeek.  like that. 

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 04:13:15 PM »

Whales only sound like that because they're drunk all of the time.  You just can't tell because it's hard to stagger in water.  When they're sober, which is never, they are perfectly coherent. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 07:10:18 PM »

Whales only sound like that because they're drunk all of the time.  You just can't tell because it's hard to stagger in water.  When they're sober, which is never, they are perfectly coherent. 

lol

Highly evolved, they just choose not to make the transition to land.  Very practical. 

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:34 AM »

Examples of this:

Dennis Goddard in relation to keene activists.
Lee Doren of beauracrash.
Glenn Beck's trolling of Libertarians.

et al.

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »

Keene activists?  I thought it was just an Ian hardon.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »

This is very Denis.  Claims to be an anarchist, fights exclusively within the system, claims he just doesn't like the way the outside-the-system activism is being done, and shits all over it, makes comments here that show he simply cannot handle a stateless society.

I don't agree every form of activism everybody does is a good idea, but I tend not to shit all over them, call them names for it, and conflate it with my children smearing shit all over my walls.

yamnuska

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 12:06:38 AM »

I don't think what Denis does is troll either, like the activists I think he may be frustrated that things are not moving as fast as they want them to, well they won't, especially when both "groups," seem to be trolling each other instead of doing something for liberty. Find a happy medium or end up making no progress at all.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:36:15 AM by Jood »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "concern" trolling - does it work?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.