Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "...Its not a Beauty Contest..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: "...Its not a Beauty Contest..."  (Read 23952 times)

salty

Re: "...Its not a Beauty Contest..."
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 10:15:15 AM »

its lame alright

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 11:37:53 AM »

Actually, I think when you put a bunch of females together on a webpage, regardless of your intentions, it becomes a beauty contest.  If only between the actual females, and having nothing to do with the original concept.  I'm sure other girls on the shrine have noticed the caliber of another one's looks.  I know I think to myself "Wow, she's really pretty" when a new one goes up sometimes, or vice versa.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »

I can understand what you're saying. Personally I enjoy looking at the creative ways the ladies validate themselves.
Julia

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2006, 01:07:57 PM »

I still have yet to come up with my creative way.  I wish I could convince Ian to put up another picture in the meantime.  Maybe you can help me with that.   :P

I've been meaning to ask you how you got the show's logo from your computer screen to a shirt, though.  Obviously I'm ignorant of shirt making procedures.  I suck.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »

Ooh, im sorry, the answer we were going for was John Denver... John Denver.  Good try though.  I'll take worst time at a theater for 100 Alex.

John Denver was the co-pilot.

Isn't your karma immune to slapping, what with the groovy swirling colors in your sig?

You're on to my swirling vortex of groovy DOOM!
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2006, 02:17:35 PM »

Lindsey -
You're right about women judging about the pics - you said it much better than I did yesterday. I was being snarky, because I tell people I know about the show, the BBS, etc. I tell them it's a show for anybody. Looking at the website, there are many hot/pretty/cute 18-25 year olds. If a 35-ish mom, or a woman in her 40's (and up) feels comfortable enough about the show to let the world know she listens, that kind of backs up that FTL is a show for everyone.

Comments like Jiperly's might give a girl 2nd thoughts, and felt like slapping him for it. But I chose to use words (not necessarily the right ones) instead of a karma bitchslap, to be more upfront about it.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

lapafrax

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2006, 06:17:22 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this is a total burn[/size] Whenever Ian says that it isn't a Beauty contest, then basically says that we have all kinds of women- big or little, young or old, (reading between the lines here)beautys or not.....

I know its not his intention, but still- BURN![/size]

Well I doubt it's meant to be a beauty contest.  Ian probably says this so "less attractive" ladies would gain the courage to put their pictures up.

The fact is most members of the Shrine are quite attractive.  Either younger libertarian females are more attractive than other ladies, or thus far only the attractive ladies have bothered to sign up.

lepidoptera

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006, 06:43:35 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks this is a total burn[/size] Whenever Ian says that it isn't a Beauty contest, then basically says that we have all kinds of women- big or little, young or old, (reading between the lines here)beautys or not.....

I know its not his intention, but still- BURN![/size]

Well I doubt it's meant to be a beauty contest.  Ian probably says this so "less attractive" ladies would gain the courage to put their pictures up.

The fact is most members of the Shrine are quite attractive.  Either younger libertarian females are more attractive than other ladies, or thus far only the attractive ladies have bothered to sign up.

It's probably the latter, in which case Ian's campaign is not necessarily successful.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »

more women should pose with guns. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:53 PM »

Well, I would if I had one, I suppose.  I'm still accepting creative ideas for validation, if anyone wants to help.   :lol:
         -George W. Bush

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006, 10:53:33 PM »

Well, I would if I had one, I suppose.  I'm still accepting creative ideas for validation, if anyone wants to help.   :lol:

Do a mug shot.

Fuck you Wes.
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

lapafrax

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2006, 11:03:27 PM »

I always thought it was nice to annouce that it is not a beauty contest.

It shouldn't be.  If Ian is serious in attracting more female listeners, then why would looks matter in that regard?

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2006, 11:11:43 PM »

Well, I'd say in general people are more...uhh...like, deterred by a page full of ugly women.  I'm trying to find the words to describe it, but it's not working.  Maybe you'll just get what  I'm trying to say.  But yeah, I suppose a page full of hot girls would attract more people to listen for some odd reason.  I don't know why, but people like things that are pleasing to the eye.
         -George W. Bush

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 11:15:05 PM »

I still have yet to come up with my creative way.  I wish I could convince Ian to put up another picture in the meantime.  Maybe you can help me with that.   :P

I've been meaning to ask you how you got the show's logo from your computer screen to a shirt, though.  Obviously I'm ignorant of shirt making procedures.  I suck.   :lol:

It was pretty easy :) I blew up the logo and printed it on special iron-on paper. I have found a kind that works pretty well. You can buy cheap plain shirts in every color at The Rag Shop.
Julia

lapafrax

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 11:17:35 PM »

Well, I'd say in general people are more...uhh...like, deterred by a page full of ugly women.  I'm trying to find the words to describe it, but it's not working.  Maybe you'll just get what  I'm trying to say.  But yeah, I suppose a page full of hot girls would attract more people to listen for some odd reason.  I don't know why, but people like things that are pleasing to the eye.

Maybe so, but it can't just be attractive women that listen to talk radio.

Or isn't the purpose of the Shrine to promote female listenership, as Ian says?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  "...Its not a Beauty Contest..."

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.