Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  $1.50 a gallon gasoline
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: $1.50 a gallon gasoline  (Read 7538 times)

LTKoblinsky

• View Profile
Re: $1.50 a gallon gasoline
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 07:51:51 PM »

Sorry. I stared that post on my morning break and finished it on my lunch. When I started, I disagreed, but by the time I got around to finishing it, I had thought about the sheer mass of govt interference and come to agree.

My wife's new site. Covers fashion, motherhood, our journey to NH, and soon activism.

Ishtar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »

Yeah, maybe I should have been more clear about that...

I'm not saying that it takes 10 years to physically build a plant.
The physical build of a plant can be done in anywhere between 6 months and about 2.5 years, depending on how complicated the plant is.

It's the permits, the plans, the terrain research, the social impact studies, the traffic studies, the environmental studies and so on that causes what should be a year to become a decade.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 10:00:44 PM »

The only way I can see that this would lead to $1.50 per gallon fuel is if it weren't taxed. This also assumes that one gallon of each is comparable, which probably isn't the case.

Anyway, like everyone else they're making their hydrogen from natural gas (methane). While it isn't currently in as short supply worldwide as oil, what do you think will happen if any significant number of people switch their cars to it?

So, the final solution is probably going to be urine-powered cars...

shezmu

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 12:27:24 PM »

You're all assuming that the government will be around and in a position to be a roadblock for technological competition. This is becoming an ever increasingly unlikely scenario considering the economic situation.   

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 03:54:04 PM »

You're all assuming that the government will be around and in a position to be a roadblock for technological competition. This is becoming an ever increasingly unlikely scenario considering the economic situation.   

What?
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

shezmu

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »

What?

I guess that did sounded like I was being super optimistic about when the state was going to kick the bucket. I was referring to how the economic situation will soon hit the state as hard as it'll hit the peons and that when this happens, the state will be too worried about a revolution to worry about taxing new energy sources.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  $1.50 a gallon gasoline

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.