Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Men with guns stop pirate radio in Lakeland, FL area. (Story)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Men with guns stop pirate radio in Lakeland, FL area. (Story)  (Read 24892 times)

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
Men with guns stop pirate radio in Lakeland, FL area. (Story)
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »

http://www.theledger.com/article/20090212/NEWS/902120293/0/YOURTOWN08

A Winter Haven man was arrested Wednesday after he was discovered making an illegal radio broadcast, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said.

According to the Sheriff's Office, deputies and along with representatives from the FBI, FCC, Winter Haven Police Department and State Attorney's Office, served a search warrant at 214 Lee Ave. N.E. about 4:15 p.m. Wednesday.

The warrant was served after it was discovered that an illegal transmission on the frequency of 87.9 FM was coming from the home, the Sheriff's Offcie said.

In January, the FCC notified the Sheriff’s Office it had received complaints of interference with the audio broadcast of channel 6 television in Orlando. Channel 6 broadcasts audio on 87.7 FM. An unlawful broadcast was found to be coming from the Winter Haven address.

Investigating detectives learned that Anthony Davis, 32, was operating the illegal station, “One Love Radio,” featuring reggae music, out of the Lee Avenue residence, which is his home.

Detectives seized the broadcasting equipment.

Davis told detectives he is employed as a security guard with Freeman Security located in Haines City.

Davis was arrested and charged with unlawful transmission of radio frequency, a third-degree felony. Davis also was charged with driving with a suspended license and using an unassigned tag.

Davis admitted broadcasting illegally, the Sheriff's Office said.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
Re: Men with guns stop pirate radio in Lakeland, FL area. (Story)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »

Ouch.  And the SHERRIFFS got him? Not the FCC?  What in the hell are these state folks nowadays but extensions of the Federal government?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 01:20:54 PM »

This does give me a good prank to play on others..................

Make up an excuse to get the swat team to bust in.........
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Ecolitan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »

Simpsons did it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486444,00.html

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Oh yeah. Thats hilarious. But there are benign reasons for getting a couple of squad cars parked outside someones home.

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 03:47:30 PM »

Simpsons did it.

Too bad that kid didn't target evil bureaucrats.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

NHArticleTen

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »

bet they didn't check the equipment for explosives before they stole them either...

telling ya man...shit's gonna get deep...

what part of "leave my transmitter alone" don't you understand?

enjoy!

jeffersonish

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 07:01:34 PM »

Simpsons did it.

I loved the way they complained that IP id equipment would cost $5k which was too much to spend yet a single swatting call cost them $14k. Someone flunked math class.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 10:37:23 PM »

FL passed its own law against pirate radio because they were frustrated with the FCC's limited enforcement ability.
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

BonerJoe

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 12:13:18 AM »

FL passed its own law against pirate radio because they were frustrated with the FCC's limited enforcement ability.

Seems like you could appeal that the Supreme Court since they have no "authority" to do so on a state level. Supposedly.

jeffersonish

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 02:43:27 AM »

Seems like you could appeal that the Supreme Court since they have no "authority" to do so on a state level. Supposedly.

If the feds argued commerce clause, the SCOTUS would rule in their favor. The degree with which something has to potentially affect interstate commerce in order for it to be considered justification for fed involvement is ridiculous on its face.

Gonzalez v. Raich, the case involving California's Prop 215 allowing medical marijuana was won by the feds because they argued the pot being grown, sold and consumed all in California denied other states of the potential revenue. Of course if they HAD bought the pot from an out of state source they would have argued that it actually WAS interstate commerce and THAT was their authority for jurisdiction.

The precedent for that case goes back to a 1942 case called Wickard involving a wheat farmer who was told how much wheat he could grow. He grew more, but only sold the quota amount. They argued if he had not grown the extra, he would have had to buy his personal use wheat which gave them jurisdiction, presumably to fine him for the insubordinate act of growing as much damn wheat as he wanted to.

The kicker is, there are sooooo many other laws based on this precedent, that to reverse it would be a huge can of worms. I say let's go fishing. This is a can of worms we should welcome.

RFBurns

• View Profile
    • KROCKS RadioOne ZeroPointRadio
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 10:26:16 PM »

Ouch.  And the SHERRIFFS got him? Not the FCC?  What in the hell are these state folks nowadays but extensions of the Federal government?

As a matter of fact....YES!

Ever hear of the "Patriot Act" ? That nice little program initiated by former pres Bush Jr, that thing that congress never got a chance to examine or even vote on.

In that act, it opened the door for the federal government to "federalize" any and ALL local city, county, and state authority.

So yes, the feds CAN utilize local resources to do their dirty work.

BTW...the Patriot Act also allows them to be able to kick down your door at ANY TIME for ANY REASON...so long as they say these 3 important words...."suspected terrorist activities".

In the eyes of the government....you are guilty until proven innocent. If they say you are a terrorist...then you are a terrorist until you prove you are not...and that is IF...IF they even grant you a trial and just hold you in a cell for the rest of your life.....or simply shoot you and be done with it.

I highly recommend EVERYONE to grab yourself a copy of the Patriot Act, and read it very carefully. It basically puts the Constitution and the Bill of Rights on hiatus when they deem necessary, such as when a national emergency happens like a major disaster like Katrina or other, then all the Obamasiah has to do is say "i declare a national emergency"....and immediately after that...martial law...police state..."Good morning....your papers please"....that sort of thing.

Aint American great?!

It used to be before the inside job that led us to this nonsense these days.

RFB
KROCKS ZPR 92.3 FM/1670 AM Stereo Online 128K/48K/24AAC+

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 10:38:31 PM »

Which inside job? Watergate? Kennedy (either/or)?

J. Edgar Hoover was the worst thing to ever happen to the USA.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

Diogenes The Cynic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »

Do you think the FBI still keeps tabs on politicians?

-Dennis Goddard

RFBurns

• View Profile
    • KROCKS RadioOne ZeroPointRadio
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »

All of the above and then some. The names change, the faces change..but the agendas continue.

He is just one of the worst things to ever happen to the USA. Project Paper Clip, the formation of the NSA and CIA, all effectively working together along with private contracting corporations to push for that "NWO" ol Bush Sr. spoke about back in 91. Of course the NWO movement has been in play for a very long time. It just so happens that we are living in the point of the time line of the plan..where it really begins to kick into action.

RFB
KROCKS ZPR 92.3 FM/1670 AM Stereo Online 128K/48K/24AAC+
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Men with guns stop pirate radio in Lakeland, FL area. (Story)

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.