Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Introducing the Liberty Radio Network - Programming for your station, 24/7!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introducing the Liberty Radio Network - Programming for your station, 24/7!  (Read 19555 times)

Russell Griswold

Re: Introducing the Liberty Radio Network - Programming for your station, 24/7!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 11:44:19 PM »

Lefty Conservative

• View Profile

First off - N00bie here so please bear with me (And be nice :lol: )
Finally heard it again! During live FTL. Out of spots it says You're listening to the live edition of Free Talk Live  on the Liberty Radio Network, blah blah Genisis, blah visit us online at freetalklive.com  ..........dot com.
I've noticed other spots getting cut off early, so it may be an automation bug.

Yeah, those rejoins are a little rough, because I'm overriding GCN's liner.  I'm going to extend the length of the rejoin liners a bit.
You think that's bad, I have to COMPLETELY BUMP Fox News at the top of the hour when relaying ANYTHING from LRN (I've been relaying FTL for about a week now - Feel free to kill me if you want guys!) because my Internet Radio is on Live365 & retransmitting Fox News on there would be umm.....A violation of Live365's TOS.  Otherwise, no real big deal (Yeah right - Afterall, what's the worst thing that can happen beyond losing my account with them?)

And even if I did have a Part 15 TXer, I would still bump Fox News because I'm one who happens to believe that Fox News = Fixed News - UNFAIR & UNBALANCED.  Not only that, but here in Denver, we have a 50,000 watt blowtorch (Chump Channel-owned KOA Radio) who is the official Fox News affiliate.  Kinda hard to buck those guys & expect to have a chance of keeping an audience afterward.

What do I replace Fox News with you ask? Headlines from Free Speech Radio News who can only be found on a handful of Pacifica Radio affiliates.  I like my chances by going this route :D

Cheers :D

Pat Cook
HOST - The Left Wing Conservative
Denver, CO
Website | NEW Studio Line - 724-444-7444 Call ID 82279

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

What do you mean by "left wing conservative"?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene

Putting Fox on was a last-ditch choice, as I could find no other 5 minute news segment delivered via podcast from the major radio news players.  The liberty-friendly Free Market News Network is out of business.  I didn't think of FSRN.  Listening to it now.

Dislikes: Once a day updates, no consistent timing - hard to program for a clock as I'd have to chop it after five minutes, which will sound awful.  Appears to take weekends off.

Ideally, there should be a liberty-oriented newscast someday.  I've encouraged Sam to do OTN News if even once a week, but he is too busy.

I don't really think either are ideal, but they are both better than airing another five minutes of spots.

Anyone got any better suggestions?  Would you prefer a five minute, truncated, FSRN instead of FOX?
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security

Ideally, there should be a liberty-oriented newscast someday. 

That cannot be that hard to set up, can it? I'll bet we can find someone to do it, perhaps weekly. Heck, I might even do it. Or maybe I'm just sleep deprived and am rambling. We'll see in the morning...
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

cyberdoo78

Ian,

In your opinion, what do stations want as a possible alternative to mainstream news? What do you, as a network operate want, specifically in a alternative news source.

I have experience with podcasting and with audio tools. I wish to understand the needs of potential broadcasters and your self as to what you may want to see in a 'news break'.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene

Well, the more often updated the better.  The big boys do it hourly, sometimes every 30 mins.

I've never done news gathering or managing/editing, so I have nothing to really input on this.

I would expect a LRN.FM news service to do everything as far as news gathering EXCEPT politics.  Lots of news services consider that shit important.

I'd listen to all the competition, see how they do it, and figure out what's missing.

Police state news - activism news.  Consumer news.  There's so much stuff we don't cover on-air that deserves some airtime...
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Introducing the Liberty Radio Network - Programming for your station, 24/7!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 32 queries.