Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  How about pirate radio in the white spaces?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about pirate radio in the white spaces?  (Read 4110 times)

NuroSlam

• Gold, Guns and Ammo
  • Gold, Guns and Ammo
    • View Profile
How about pirate radio in the white spaces?
« on: December 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

-- snip --

I will do a longer tirade about white spaces in a few days. For now I want to reprint a letter I got from Stephen Dunifer, a spectrum radical and promoter of free radio. For now, lets think about public interest. Notice that the lower VHF band, the TV channels 2 through 6 are now sort of unloved. The phone and data companies thought they could rip these frequencies from the broadcasters, but then they realized the low frequencies require a large antenna that would make them useless for high-dollar mobile service. It turns out that there is an actual public service proposal on the table. It does not come from any high-dollar multinational corporation. It comes from Stephan Dunifer, a Berkeley radical and proponent of free radio, disparagingly called pirate radio by many people. Stephen wrote me:

-- snip --

http://www.edn.com/blog/1700000170/post/60038406.html
Comrade Obama, Sorry but I have already served my country.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
Re: How about pirate radio in the white spaces?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »

The technology to stream your favorite show and listen anywhere via iPhone, will make the white space less appealing. Bandwidth will go up, coverage will go up, variety will go up, and price will go down. Content will be king and advertizing will pay the bills. My children will regard FM as I regard teletype.
Liberate America!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  How about pirate radio in the white spaces?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 31 queries.