Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Going to start a "free Radio" broadcast on a cheap package.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going to start a "free Radio" broadcast on a cheap package.  (Read 10883 times)

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Going to start a "free Radio" broadcast on a cheap package.
« on: January 17, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »

Just won an FM transmitter package on E-Bay. It was a great price.  5W transmitter TX-99A HLLY> I know it will be a short range but it is putting my toe into bucking the system.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260536674026&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Thinking about playing Liberty radio network or GCN. What way would you guys go? I might even play off the MP3 player.

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
Re: Going to start a "free Radio" broadcast on a cheap package.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 09:20:12 PM »

Transmitting live right now in south Indianapolis 96.1 streaming GCN channel 2 FTL. Doubt I will run 24-7 because ANT is in my house and I can hear it on 96.0 and 96.2 and fuzz on 95.9 and 96.3, maybe that is because i am so close to ant but I do not want to bleed on any real channels except maybe 95.9 which has Savage on at this time...lol just kidding. My oldest kid text his friend who lives about 1/2 mile away and he is hearing it. It only standing about 5 ft tall right now so not too bad.

Corey "Cizzle" Moore

• View Profile
    • http://vordshow.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:40 AM »

Why don't you throw LRN up as a 24/7 stream?
Voice of Radical Dissent with Corey Moore at http://vordshow.com

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 02:08:13 PM »

I probably will eventually. I just got it yesterday afternoon and had the antenna sitting in my kitchen floor while transmitting for an hour or so. I need to find a better place on the dial (some bleeding on close freq's)and mount stuff and get my computer set up and such. Last night is was easier to just click on the GCN stream. It is easy to use and came with everyting including Antenna, power supply, coax and input cable that I can plug into the headphone jack of my laptop.

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »

Using 106.2 now because the bleed over does not affect any current stations. Until I can set it up permanent I am just transmitting FTL. 1/2 mile at this point that is confirmed. 3/4 with static. The antenna is standing on my kitchen floor so when it is mounted i assume it will get more distance.

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

Actually got on air tonight at the end of the show. This was the first time i listened live to the full show because I am usually busy with the wife and kids. I listened to the last hour yesterday. I usually listen to the podcast 6 days a week in the morning at work, but tonight I was working on something and got some time to myself. I will not transmit over any Freq's that already have channels or during Saturday night when the local station carries FTL. I did call the program director and ask for 6 days a week so I did my part to promote and if they refuse I will transmit the other 5 days.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 03:53:54 AM »

Go with LRN, GCN has Alex frickin Jones. ..
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

Corey "Cizzle" Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 08:01:47 AM »

Go with LRN, GCN has Alex frickin Jones. ..

The only problem I'm seeing with LRN is if FTL goes over and does and Internet only broadcast.  All it would take to get the FCC called would be for someone to start swearing a lot and bye bye goes the station.

OP, did you consider a program like Sam Broadcaster?  You could set it up using scripts to bring in the live content and then play podcasts throughout the rest of the day, thats if you go 24/7.  Or you could even play LRN for the majority of the day, but set up a script to play a long podcast after the live FTL show (1 or 2 hours) just in case.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 02:46:47 PM »

If you're bleeding into other channels, you're probably over modulating, rather than using too much power.
I run 4 Watts on a slightly directional antenna and it covers 2 miles. Unless you're sitting in my driveway, you don't hear it on other channels. While Ian did a good job of getting LRN to have a consistant level and good density, don't expect to be as loud on the dial, as other broadcasters.

I find that the Republic Broadcasting Network has some good, live, and liberty oriented programming. When re-runs of the "less exciting" shows come on LRN, I switch.
Watch out though, RBN has some shows about children being sacrificed in Mormon temples and HAARP causing our severe weather. While entertaining, I don't think it's the message I want associated with Free Minds Radio.

Eventually, I'll get a Barix internet radio, that's what the big boys use to monitor their streams.
Liberate America!

Corey "Cizzle" Moore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »

Watch out though, RBN has some shows about children being sacrificed in Mormon temples and HAARP causing our severe weather. While entertaining, I don't think it's the message I want associated with Free Minds Radio.

Ehhh, those guys are really quick to blame the Jews.  Every time I turn RBN on I hear something bad about the Jews and have to turn it off.

You can find good programing from a few places, actually.  I like "Rise Up Radio" with Catherine Bleish and John Bush on Rule of Law Radio, "Deadline Live with Jack Blood" on American Freedom Radio, and (as much as I hate to mention this station because of my bad history with them) Oracle Broadcasting has some pretty good programing like "Mike Chambers Live" and "33rd Parallel News" with Matt Kazee.

Low-Eight

• The Emancipator
  • Aint no thang but a chicken wing!
    • View Profile
    • Emancipation!
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »

Anti-Semites don't make any sense to me, even less than the regular racists. . . I'd be watching out for that.  you could just make your own programming, I guess, there's plenty of podcasts out there. 
Feel free to add me to facebook, or contact me on MSN.

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »

Thanks for all the Tips. I am part timing it right now until I can find a place to mount the stuff. I would like to run RLN but I do worry a bit about cursing and complaints bringing unwanted attention. If your running a community channel, but keeping the fowl mouth stuff to a minimum, then I think more people would support you if caught. I also change to 106.1 because someone pointed out to use an odd dot number. There also is nothing close to that spot to step on. I think the reason I hear it on close channs because the FM reciever i my sony MP3 player is not so good but I need to check other radios around the house.

KDus

• Democracy=fraud
  • Money
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »

My current antenna is in the rafters of the garage. I mounted it as high as it can be while still being hidden in-doors. Then I hung an aluminum wire in front and back to make it directional.
In my last place, I cut a hole in the roof above the washer / dryer in the garage and put a plastic pipe flashing over the hole. My antenna is inside a PVC pipe so it wasn't too conspicuous sticking up next to plumbing vents.
I've used chimneys(2), trees(2), and several poles to mount antennas out doors.
I've heard of great results on AM when using rain gutters as the antenna.
Liberate America!

lobb40118

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »

I checked the radio locator website and 106.1 was not on it, but i found there was a local music channel on it. It was really weak so I assume it is also "Community" so out of respect I switched to 106.3. With the switch I got more clarity and range.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  LRN.FM - The Liberty Radio Network
| |-+  Free Radio Forum
| | |-+  Going to start a "free Radio" broadcast on a cheap package.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 32 queries.