Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment  (Read 2482 times)

young92782

• View Profile
Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment
« on: December 06, 2010, 10:40:08 PM »

From CannabisCulture.com, http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/content/2010/12/06/Willie-Nelson-Dodges-Felony-Charge, this article discusses the recent pot bust on music and marijuana icon Willie Nelson. Rather than coming down hard on the 77 year-old, police seem to have lessened the amount of pot found on him from 6 ounces (a felony) to 4 ounces (a misdemeanor). While this appears to be a moment of compassion on the part of Texas police i believe it is a deliberate attempt by them not to fan the fire of contempt that good people have for police and political officials in this so-called war on drugs.
Several points this article makes highlight the cover-their-ass attitude the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Office has in regards to the potential embarrassment the bust could bring to them. Chief Deputy Mike Doyal makes mention to the coverage the bust got in the media saying,"He had a little bag of marijuana and I would never have dreamed of the coverage it got," So 6 ounces is considered a "little bag of marijuana?" If this had been anyone else they would easily have been thrown to the dogs over such an amount! Meanwhile, police departments everywhere continue to invade and threaten people's lives everyday over possession of amounts far less.
I remember first reading about this bust the day after it happened, at which time I read that Willie had been busted at a border checkpoint. Well that was stupid, Willie, I thought, you should know better than to cross the border with so much weed in your van! Well, come to find out, Willie's defense is seriously questioning the circumstance surrounding the bust as it happened at a checkpoint 100 MILES FROM THE BORDER!! Is this the real reason for the slap on the wrist they are trying to offer Willie? We all know these unconstitutional checkpoints exist and placently remain silent about them, however, maybe if people see an icon like Willie do jail time a few more people may start to raise a stink. Why would Texas police want to throw a kink in their little collar and money-making operation?
Finally, I love how the Chief Deputy tries to take credit for his so-called leniency saying, "We handled it as easily as we could and still do our job. The man's, what, 77 years old? What are we gonna do to him? He was very cooperative and nice and pleasant to be around." What then, sir, do you have to say for the other millions of people, some older and in worse health than Willie, who've been thrown into prison for making their own medical and recreational decisions? Shame on you. Shame on the police state.
While I'm extremely happy we won't have to see Willie do jail time, I seriously hope he takes a stance against the charges he is facing An example needs to be made on what's right and what's wrong and I believe that if Willie puts his foot down many more will follow.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:50:16 PM by young92782 »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:36:20 AM »

Six ounces (properly cured kind bud) is about enough to fill three big two-quart pickle-canning jars! :lol:

When I originally read about the arrest I was wondering why on earth he was traveling around with that much on-hand.  I think there was a similar story around three years ago about Blues Traveller (go figure--and it was complicated by their "audacity" to travel armed, for their personal protection.)  I don't think I would ever have more than an ounce in any vehicle at one time, and that would not be a casual/usual thing.  These days, I don't think I'd ever travel with anything more than a few cookies and/or maybe some tincture.  Even then, I'm not sure I'd go within 50 miles of Texas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:38:26 AM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »

Shit, you can bet your ass that each ounce of weed Willie has is about 4 x more potent than most other stuff out there. :P
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  Willie Nelson Avoids Felony, Cops Avoid Embarrassment

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 33 queries.