Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  2011-11-21
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011-11-21  (Read 1579 times)

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

willy3211

• View Profile
Re: 2011-11-21
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 01:44:34 AM »

Ian, or whom it may concern.

I listened to myself talk....and realize how confusing I must sound.  So I want to clarify the speeding tickets and pull overs and what not.

1st off, I get a little nervous On air...you probably wouldn't believe that I actually have notes when I make such a call.  Thanks for helping me along.

Here is a link to a few pictures of our municipal area.

http://www.grisak.com/Murphy,%20Texas/Murphy%20Texas%20Home%20Page.htm   Population ~ 17,000. (the link says the city is 5.3 square miles...but it is only 3.8 square miles...the link is incorrect).

Listening to the podcast, I claimed I got pulled over 4 times, 2 falisified speeding tickets, 3 lies total, twice I wasn't driving, and my wife had gotten a ticket in this town prior to one of the pullovers.

Let me say up front...there are situations where I think speed limits are artificially low, and that is a nuisance, but if I get caught speeding, hey, I got caught, I won't bitch about it...but falsified tickets is SICK.

I don't remember dates, but all these occurred within ~ 1 year or less....but they are in chronological order.  

Richardson, Texas, pulled over on my motorcycle, accused of 54mph in a 35mph zone.  Describing this situation would be lengthy, boring, but at the time of the pullover, I believed the cops about my speed (there were 4 motorcycle cops).  Later, I realized they were lying...I KNOW they were, I could explain...but I'm trying to keep this short..  I let this go....I've gotten away with speeding so many times.

About 1 month later, I got a ticket in Murphy, Texas.  49mph in a 35mph zone (I was in a 45mph Zone).  At the time, when I looked back, I saw the backside of two speed limit signs.  I had been clocked between the two, at the time, I had thought one of the signs was a 35mph, the 2nd was a 45mph....turns out, they were both 45mph signs.  My neighbor had the EXACT SAME experience.  
Usually, you just call the courts, plead "No Contest", and pay fine(s) or take defensive driving...this is the speeding ticket I actually showed up to court to plead not guilty.  I took plea deal ($50 off the fine).

Somewhere around this time, my wife  got a speeding ticket in Murphy for going 37mph in a 25mph zone (I wasn't with her).  This was a legitimate ticket...she was going 37mph on a large road that had speed limit of 25mph....now that road speed limit is 35mph.  

So about 1 week later, my wife and I were going out of town, her using cruise control, Texas State trooper pulls us over as we were pulling into a gas station....I think the public place is the only thing that saved our asses from a falsified ticket...I sort of made a scene with him.  here, he wrote my wife a "warning" for going 71mph in a 55mph...this is the 3rd falsified government document....but it was just a warning.

about 1 month later, a State Trooper pulls my cousin and I over...claiming we were going 71mph in a 60mph zone.  My cousin was driving, and he was going 71mph, but we later discovered it was a 70mph zone.  I got an open container (I had just opened my 1st beer of the day--we'd been at the lake all day water skiiing, not drinking).  He saw the open container, then searched the car.  Very thoroughly. Illegal pull over, legitimate ticket.  However, despite thoroughly searching my car, his stupid ass didn't find my bag of weed....not that I'm complaining.

So there, 4 illegal pullovers, 3 falsified government reports (2 costed me money), 1 ticket for open container, but missed a poorly hidden bag of weed.  

Why do I tell you all this?  just pointing out that cops are crooks!!  They are criminals, they falsify government reports, harass law abiding citizens....all in a MASSIVE effort to convict people for victimless crimes.

I've been fortunate for a while, and haven't been pulled over.  But these experiences will forever haunt me.  I warn family, friends, my 7 year old son, etc....stay away from cops, they're not your friend.  They're not here to protect you.  I tell my son he doesn't have to talk to a cop for shit.

I'm actually scared to even tell him he can trust a cop if he get's lost or something....I know they are very dangerous people that should be avoided if at all possible.

Damn this is long!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:51:49 AM by willy3211 »

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:01 AM »

You would probably enjoy http://copblock.org
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

willy3211

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 05:29:47 AM »

Oh yea...I follow copblock.org.  Friends with them on facebook and frequent their website. 

Wouldn't have ever known of them if it weren't for freetalklive.

Few other groups you guys have brought to my attention:

LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition)
FIJA  (Fully informed Jury Association)
The Civil Disobedience fund

that is just a few off the top of my head...been listening to you guys for a while...Yall have really informed me and opened my eyes. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Episodes & Show Prep
| | | |-+  2011-11-21

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.