Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Michelle Seven
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michelle Seven  (Read 4968 times)

Maddog1927

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
Michelle Seven
« on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »

I discovered FTL on day 12 of the free Ian count up (Oct 2011) since then Michelle has been one of my favorite co hosts.  Around the end of last year it was very entertaining hearing about her right to travel escapades.  I enjoyed hearing her stories about how she interacted with officialdom in a very interesting polite civil disobedient way.  Some things that come to mind is how she let the judge know it was polite to stand when a woman leaves the room, and the judge did it, that is grade A classy, or when she was on her way to the county jail and she called the warden to let him know she was not “interested” in eating their food, giving her name, or being strip searched.

I was sad when she quit being a regular on the show around November of last year, and excited for her recent return.  That excitement was short lived.  I have been very uncomfortable with the way she communicated with the last couple of Obama supporters.   I have heard the blacks voted for Obama because he is black before, at one time I even subscribed to that theory, but really? I mean come on, how many people that voted for Obama, would have voted for McCain, or one of the third party candidates had Obama been classified as white?   There would be a few, but statistically the odds are against the random Obama supporting caller being one of them.

I think that Ian handled the situation well on the air, and I am sure there has been some off the air discussion, but I am not sure Michelle got it, so please Michelle if you read this, take it from a listener, please no more referring to callers as flavors when referring to the color of their skin.  Also keep in mind a well placed sexual innuendo can be funny, but too many too often, just degrade form the conversation.  Friday nights are starting to sound like Steve Carell in The Office saying “that’s what she said” after any random sentence, which is satire of someone who adds too many innuendos too often.

I look forward to hearing more from Michelle, hopefully in “Michelle Classic” form.

In case you are wondering, I am white chocolate, at least that’s what she said!

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Michelle Seven
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 12:27:12 PM »

I agree with you about the flirting gags. I sometimes feel physical pain when I hear them.
I think M7 is tired of people in the liberty movement who are of a minority status being treated with kid gloves.  She wants black Obama supporters who let it be known in the first couple of minutes that they are black, treated exactly like a Mormon might be treated had he said "I am a Mormon" and indorsed Romney. Ian does treat black callers differently, most would say better. That is just a fact. Myself, Michele and many others think every one should be treated exactly the same for consistency sake.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »

I agree with you about the flirting gags. I sometimes feel physical pain when I hear them.
I think M7 is tired of people in the liberty movement who are of a minority status being treated with kid gloves.  She wants black Obama supporters who let it be known in the first couple of minutes that they are black, treated exactly like a Mormon might be treated had he said "I am a Mormon" and indorsed Romney. Ian does treat black callers differently, most would say better. That is just a fact. Myself, Michele and many others think every one should be treated exactly the same for consistency sake.

Do you think they should ask every white-sounding caller if they voted for McCain because he's white?  I've never heard Michelle do that, but I've heard her do it with several black callers.  I also find the "chocolate" comments extremely distasteful.  We don't greet white people by asking if they're "crackers", so treating everyone the same should dictate that we don't refer to black people as "hot chocolate", etc.  It also has an odd sexual overtone which makes it hard to listen to the show.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »

We don't greet white people by asking if they're "crackers"...

A co-host needs to do that.  It would be awesome!

Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 12:36:41 AM »

We don't greet white people by asking if they're "crackers"...

A co-host needs to do that.  It would be awesome!

I mean, it's very important to establish someone's "flavor" before letting them talk about whatever they called for...

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »

First of all, the calling out a few white sounding folks would be funny. But in all fairness people that believe they are special because of some thing do kind of bug me. "I am black so I know....", "I was in the military so I know...." or (the one that bugs me most lately) "I used to live in Europe so I know...." and other licences to self rightiousness. I think that is what M7 is getting at, but it is a difficult thing to comunicate I myself still use my veteren status as a get out of jail free card in a lot of arguments with conservatives. As a foot note, M7 likes to talk up her vast experiences, but she usually does it in a self deprecating sort of way that I like.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:48 AM »

She seemed to be asking those questions about race and Obama voting status before the callers made any points.  They didn't identify themselves as black before she asked them, at the very least, so there was no "I'm black, so I know" stuff going on that I remember.  I think at least one of them called in on a completely unrelated topic, but Michelle steered the conversation almost immediately into who he voted for due to his being black.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 07:58:36 AM »

This whole thing started off two weeks ago with a obvious racist black lady, since then M7 has been a little too quick to pull the trigger perhaps. I notice that libertarians seem to be a little over sensitive off the cuff, doing what they were asked not to do MORE to tell the world that they do what they want.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 08:48:50 AM »

This whole thing started off two weeks ago with a obvious racist black lady, since then M7 has been a little too quick to pull the trigger perhaps. I notice that libertarians seem to be a little over sensitive off the cuff, doing what they were asked not to do MORE to tell the world that they do what they want.

Gotcha.  I don't listen to every episode and didn't hear that.  I just heard Michelle's more recent stuff, which was pretty tasteless.

M7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 11:27:41 AM »

This cracks me up! After 33 years of consistency and activism, THIS is what people see when they Google me. LMAO! Okay padawans, if you had paid attention, you'd know that unlike YOU PEOPLE, I don't see color as a means of discriminating. The fact that this idea of "White", "Black", "Red", and "Yellow" as a means of determining race is a product of US and British government discriminatory propaganda used to support warring against people not in compliance with their goals for world domination. I would not think that so difficult to understand.

As for why I use flavors to describe aesthetics...well, I like food. And to call someone "African American" because they are dark chocolate in color is a fallacy...what if they are from Brazil or Haiti? And no, I wouldn't say "cracker" because that is a slur...I say "vanilla", equally as yummy to some as "coffee", "chocolate" or as in my case, "vanilla with sprinkles of cayenne pepper".

As for the sex...it is the one thing that people seem to share regardless of age, sex, education, values, etc. and the mention of it lightens the atmosphere particularly when sitting in between two men, one of whom has a vein in his neck that pops out when he gets upset and the other who can become nervous and tense. I was there for comedy relief.  :lol:

And Free Agent...is that you JT? Lol Relax! Stop taking yourself so seriously. None of us gets out alive.  :D

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »

And Free Agent...is that you JT? Lol Relax! Stop taking yourself so seriously. None of us gets out alive.  :D

I'm not sure who JT is, but we've never met.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Michelle Seven

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.