Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Who would win in a fight?

Poll

Who would win in a fight? Share your reasoning below.

Dexter
- 4 (50%)
Walt / Heisenberg
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would win in a fight?  (Read 14855 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Who would win in a fight?
« on: October 15, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »

And please share your reasoning.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Who would win in a fight?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »

Walt.

Dexter would kill him gruesomely to be sure, but he'd have to catch him first. He's a smart detective but Walt is epic at avoiding capture and would have no qualms with a preemptive strike which Dexter would be completely unprepared for because his primary experience is with other serial killers. Walt isn't a serial killer. When he kills, it's pure business; not pleasure. His only satisfaction is that which comes from winning the game.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:59:01 PM »

Depends on the setup - if Walt and Dexter both know the other is coming for them - Walter wins for sure.
Reasoning: Walt is devious, deliberate and perhaps a master manipulator - he has convinced himself that he's the good guy despite all the evil he has done and he may be a genius when it comes to being an evil bastard, while Dexter is locked in a struggle with his dark passenger and frequently doubts himself - Dexter would probably over-analyze the situation and find himself blown up or drowned in acid while he comes to terms with what he must do.

If neither of them know the other is coming - Walter wins because of his speed of action.

I'd rather hang out with Dexter - Walter scares me.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »

I'd rather hang out with Dexter - Walter scares me.

Dexter knows he's evil. That makes him a little less evil maybe?

I don't actually think Walt is evil.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »

I don't actually think Walt is evil.
[/quote]

Sure - since Dexter knows he's evil, he gets some good-guy points.

I've thought a lot about whether or not Walt is actually evil - I decided that he must be evil because created a condition which resulted in a person's death while he stood there and watched it happen, knowing that he could prevent that death.  It doesn't matter how conflicted he felt about it - it was evil.

Plus - he killed that other guy (trying not to spoil anything) in cold blood for the sake of convenience - evil.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »

I've thought a lot about whether or not Walt is actually evil - I decided that he must be evil because created a condition which resulted in a person's death while he stood there and watched it happen, knowing that he could prevent that death.  It doesn't matter how conflicted he felt about it - it was evil.

NAP. She threatened him and he had no recourse to go to the police due to the drug war. Also, she was putting his friend and business associate in danger. Her death very likely saved Jesse's life.

ElGuapo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »

NAP. She threatened him and he had no recourse to go to the police due to the drug war. Also, she was putting his friend and business associate in danger. Her death very likely saved Jesse's life.

I see your point - it's totally valid, but I feel like she was so motivated by money and the prospect of getting away that Walter could have found an option other than killing her.

Walter proves throughout the show that he's pretty darn clever when it comes to manipulating people - dude has got the skills to make stuff happen. Killing Jesse's girl was an easy way out of a situation that I'm pretty sure his character was clever enough to deal with without destroying a sad and tortured life.

Sure, she threatened him - threatening is not doing...killing is something you can't take back. He could have moved her passed-out-smack-filled-body back to her place and called her father or dropped an anonymous call to the cops - someone clever could come up with a better plan that this - but these are some options.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 11:57:48 AM »

He could have moved her passed-out-smack-filled-body back to her place and called her father or dropped an anonymous call to the cops - someone clever could come up with a better plan that this - but these are some options.

Two extremely risky plans that she could easily punish him for by turning him in, exactly as she threatened to do if she didn't get her way. He doesn't know her that well. That limits his ability to predict her behavior and/or manipulate her.

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »

I am a big fan of Breaking Bad and my reasoning is .. no matter what the odds, things just always break Walt's way. I mean he's been seemingly cornered so many times, and always squirms out of it.   Lol.

Temper

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »

I am a big fan of Breaking Bad and my reasoning is .. no matter what the odds, things just always break Walt's way. I mean he's been seemingly cornered so many times, and always squirms out of it.   Lol.

Apparently you missed the end where his cancer came back and he got shot...and died..

EarSplittinLoudenBoomer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 03:44:16 PM »

Ahh --  Guess I took this as all hypothetical ...

Nice try though .. I already saw the whole series ....

And because Dexter didn't die in this make believe story ... he lives forever ??

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:56:09 PM by EarSplittinLoudenBoomer »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Polling Pit
| | |-+  Who would win in a fight?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 37 queries.