Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  An open letter to Sincere
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: An open letter to Sincere  (Read 27745 times)

reTodd

An open letter to Sincere
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:50:41 PM »

Can't you spot a troll?

Taors

Re: An open letter to Sincere
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »

Who, Sincere?

BonerJoe

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »

You mean Ken?

reTodd

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »

Who, Sincere?
No, the dude fuckin with him. The shit pile avatar guy.

Then again I'm new, maybe sincere is the troll. I know he sounded like a pissed off black dude when he called in :lol: But not stupid, that's what baffles the shit outta me is how anybody can carry on those flame wars for more than two posts without either being stupid or trolling for fun and profit.

It's a curiosity to me, that's all.

Taors

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

Who, Sincere?
No, the dude fuckin with him. The shit pile avatar guy.

Then again I'm new, maybe sincere is the troll. I know he sounded like a pissed off black dude when he called in :lol: But not stupid, that's what baffles the shit outta me is how anybody can carry on those flame wars for more than two posts without either being stupid or trolling for fun and profit.

It's a curiosity to me, that's all.

Here's the thing, dude...

Sincere isn't a troll.

And neither are the other guys.

reTodd

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 06:10:18 PM »

Sincere isn't a troll.

Well I read some pretty trollish replies from both.

Taors

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »

Sincere isn't a troll.

Well I read some pretty trollish replies from both.

Thus proving your misconception of trolling.

Are you going to answer my PMs? Lol.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 06:14:02 PM »

Maybe I have it wrong, but the first opinion I gathered about sincere was from the initial post he made spouting why he prefers Obama over McCain. He also made it plenty apparent that he's a black guy who feels oppressed. So that's where my opinion comes from.

The exchanges were aggressive from both sides of the issue. Sure, Riddler does use "nigga" a lot. That's nothing new, it's his character and the far majority of people on this BBS never peeped about it. Sincere says that's what bothers him, that Riddler is using the dreaded "N-Word". When Ken complained of the same thing, it was suggested he use the Ignore feature and that should have been good enough for Sincere.

More than a couple of people, including myself, tried to have a calm discussion with Sincere from the beginning, but he didn't respond with anything other than idle accusations.

I don't think any of the guys are trolls. I do think that as a form owner/admin, Ian should at least take the time to familiarize himself with the quirks that people have on his forum before stepping in to police it.

Every time "race" comes up here to this extent, it's merely swept away and never openly discussed. If it could be dealt with rationally, as in if people could put their emotions in check and just talk about it as casually as the weather, then we'd get somewhere.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

reTodd

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 06:23:02 PM »

Maybe I have it wrong, but the first opinion I gathered about sincere was from the initial post he made spouting why he prefers Obama over McCain. He also made it plenty apparent that he's a black guy who feels oppressed. So that's where my opinion comes from.

The exchanges were aggressive from both sides of the issue. Sure, Riddler does use "nigga" a lot. That's nothing new, it's his character and the far majority of people on this BBS never peeped about it. Sincere says that's what bothers him, that Riddler is using the dreaded "N-Word". When Ken complained of the same thing, it was suggested he use the Ignore feature and that should have been good enough for Sincere.

More than a couple of people, including myself, tried to have a calm discussion with Sincere from the beginning, but he didn't respond with anything other than idle accusations.

I don't think any of the guys are trolls. I do think that as a form owner/admin, Ian should at least take the time to familiarize himself with the quirks that people have on his forum before stepping in to police it.

Every time "race" comes up here to this extent, it's merely swept away and never openly discussed. If it could be dealt with rationally, as in if people could put their emotions in check and just talk about it as casually as the weather, then we'd get somewhere.
I see.

I agree with the rational part. Not talking about it is like living in a pretend world. I say nigga all the time but never nigger. Honestly the word makes me cringe plus my wife is black and quick with a frying pan and/or hot grits. I just have zero tolerance for flame battles. I have no idea how anybody can do it. I'm down for discussion, especially if we disagree but put some thought into it, ya know. That same old tired back and forth is boring.

Looked like a troll thing to me

That's why you ask :lol:

Taors

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 06:26:22 PM »

Nice about your wife being black, dude. I like seeing racial barriers broken. 8)

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 06:28:26 PM »

I'm down for discussion, especially if we disagree but put some thought into it, ya know. That same old tired back and forth is boring.

Preeecisely :)

Given enough facts, most people can come around to logic.

Nice about your wife being black, dude. I like seeing racial barriers broken. 8)

I'll wager that true attraction and love surpassed any aspirations of breaking any barriers.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

reTodd

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 06:29:32 PM »

Oh I broke it alright. I damn near knocked a hole out the other side :lol:

Taors

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »

I'm down for discussion, especially if we disagree but put some thought into it, ya know. That same old tired back and forth is boring.

Preeecisely :)

Given enough facts, most people can come around to logic.

I'll wager that true attraction and love surpassed any aspirations of breaking any barriers.

And I would agree, except it happened as a direct consequence.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »

Racism is not a "quirk."  It is learned, hateful behavior toward a specific real or imagined group of people.

Taors

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »

Racism is not a "quirk."  It is learned, hateful behavior toward a specific real or imagined group of people.

Yeah, you should probably see a psychiatrist about that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Rubber Room - Not Safe for Work
| | |-+  An open letter to Sincere

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.