Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Want to put a live chat room on the radio show site, any ideas how to do this?
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to put a live chat room on the radio show site, any ideas how to do this?  (Read 7612 times)

Suzane

• View Profile

Hi, I have a website and quite a few members have suggested that adding a chat room would be a great idea.

I'm searching for something I might be able to integrate well into my site.

Has anyone tried RumbleTalk or C-box?"

analogkid

• FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile

I like to use two cans connected by a string.
We're labels and files in cabinets. Payroll accounts and calculations. We're gears that run the machine that dictates life as we know it. We're wrung of our humanity on which technocracy thrives. We're expendable figures, we're liquidation. We're character strings and data statements. We learn, live and die a number.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom

No, I heard they both suck.

Suzane

• View Profile

Well, if someone is interested in a chat room for his radio show like me then I become an expert in this field. Here are my experiences with finding the best one for my radio station.

1 - First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both mobile and pc.

2 - I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find.

3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.
I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

Since I could not find answers in this forum, then I hope this overview will help someone. :)

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene

I use Mibbit
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  Want to put a live chat room on the radio show site, any ideas how to do this?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 27 queries.