Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  FTL loses affiliate for supporting freedom of religion!
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FTL loses affiliate for supporting freedom of religion!  (Read 11007 times)

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FTL loses affiliate for supporting freedom of religion!
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:05:01 PM »

We got this in an email from a company that helps us with adverting:

Please consider this as our 30 day notice of cancellation.

We are INTEGRITY radio and we start every day with the Catholic Rosary. We also broadcast a Catholic Mass on Sundays.  We received calls from listeners calling us hypocrites and challenging our integrity.

After what was said on your show last night, I believe we would be within our rights to cancel immediately, but we will honor our 30 day clause. Free Talk Live will air for the last time on WINT on Friday night/Saturday morning Sept 26/27.

WINT RADIO
R S Somich
Station Mgr

1330 AM in Willoughby, OH carries shows like Dennis Miller and Laura Ingram. So, they don't have a problem with controversy. I would remind you that controversy is a good thing for a talk radio program. Their audience is probably more engaged than they have been in a year and this is for an OVERNIGHT rebroadcast of FTL (Tu-Sa 12a-2a)! Some stations can't handle the heat, but in the long run they lose the listeners. You're always going to hear from those that wish to silence free speech. Those that wish to support it, just listened and enjoyed the show.

Free Talk Live is on 160+ radio stations and we will continue to support of the free speech / religious freedom rights of the Dakhma of Angra Mainyu and everyone else.  We will not let the emails and phone calls of haters and authoritarians silence our voice. Yes, we lost a station, but we will gain 10 more in its place. Willoughby, OH will be without FTL as a voice for freedom by others will benefit!

The Dakham of Angra Mainyu should be allowed to have their Black Mass at the Civic Center in Oklahoma City, as should any religious organization!

Listeners in Oklahoma City can listen to Free Talk Live Sats and Suns on 1640 AM KZLS Sats and Suns 8p to 12a, and everyone can listen at http://listen.freetalklive.com

This is the story we read: http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/satanic-black-mass-gets-green-light-from-u-s-city/
This is the podcast of the FTL show in question: http://soundcloud.com/freetalklive/free-talk-live-2014-08-28/download
Here is the website for the Dakhma of Angra Mainyu:http://www.dakhmaofangramainyu.com/event.html
This is WINT's program schedule: http://www.welw.com/programming/schedule.html
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 04:09:55 PM by FTL_Mark »
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: FTL loses affiliate for supporting freedom of religion!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:14:05 PM »

Black Mass... Are they some flavor of Satanists?

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »

Black Mass... Are they some flavor of Satanists?

I believe they are atheists doing a bit of trolling, but who are we to judge?
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:37:22 PM »

Hmm... okay, but that doesn't really answer my question since most Satanists are atheists.

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »

Hmm... okay, but that doesn't really answer my question since most Satanists are atheists.
OK, then "yes".

LuckyPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 04:57:42 PM »

According to their schedule they carry weeknights only, delayed after midnight and missing an hour... Wouldn't maKe much money off them anyway would you?

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »

According to their schedule they carry weeknights only, delayed after midnight and missing an hour... Wouldn't maKe much money off them anyway would you?

No station pays FTL to air FTL. We sell ads to make our money. So, in short, no this isn't much of a loss, but it stings a bit.

LuckyPhil

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:12:53 PM »

Yeah, but listeners = ad money, right? Higher CPM... They play only part of the show in a bad time slot, didn't lose many listeners there? I know any loss stings, but it's their intolerance that cost you. Be proud! And see if you can get a competing station in the area.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:16:03 PM by LuckyPhil »

FTL_Mark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 06:24:34 PM »

Yeah, but listeners = ad money, right? Higher CPM... They play only part of the show in a bad time slot, didn't lose many listeners there? I know any loss stings, but it's their intolerance that cost you. Be proud! And see if you can get a competing station in the area.

The term is CPP in radio, but shows between 12 mid and 6a are never rated. The listeners still listen, and buy the products, but they are unrated.

ReasonableVoice

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 10:24:12 PM »

Please consider this as our 30 day notice of cancellation.
We received calls from listeners calling us hypocrites and challenging our integrity.

IF a station DOES have integrity
AND
the station is called names
or the station has its "integrity challenged" ( does that mean being called names ?)

THEN acquiescing to the name calling IS a lack of integrity - which IS hypocritical to claiming integrity.

Do Catholics stations know anything about logic ?

A station man call itself INTEGRITY.
A station may CLAIM to have integrity.

Neither of those establish a fact of integrity.

PS
When someone says "Trust me", what is the usual motive behind saying that ?
If someone can be trusted, they have no need to ask you to trust them.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 06:02:54 PM by ReasonableVoice »

david7777

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »

:D Thank you for standing on the side of FREEDOM. and reason.

Imagine A World Where Being "Gay" The Norm & Being "Straight" Would Be The Minority! (19 min.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOJgDW0gPI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  The Show
| | |-+  FTL loses affiliate for supporting freedom of religion!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 27 queries.