Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Buyer's remorse from ProVPN
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buyer's remorse from ProVPN  (Read 1887 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Buyer's remorse from ProVPN
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:37:54 AM »

I'm now deeply regretting that I paid for a whole year upfront for this. The bandwidth is particularly pathetic in actual VPN mode. They got back to me fairly quickly about the problem and advised me to switch to a more local hub and to switch to PPTP mode which is not as secure. That seemed to make it kind of reasonable for a while. That didn't last long. This has frequently not been adequate to even watch YouTube videos. It even makes animated gifs load at a ridiculously slow pace. All of these speed problems vanish immediately when I disconnect. I can't even imagine trying to watch Netflix with it. Fortunately for me, I typically watch that through my blu-ray player which doesn't use the ProVPN service.

I strongly advise against this product. If you do decide to try it, don't commit to a long time up front. Try it out and see if it's viable for you. I feel like a idiot for having done so.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Buyer's remorse from ProVPN
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:28 PM »

Common problem with web things. Hosting services get the same problem. Super fast at first then lots of people sign up and service gets crummy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Buyer's remorse from ProVPN

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.