Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christopher Cantwell's Open Letter to the Free State Project Board
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christopher Cantwell's Open Letter to the Free State Project Board  (Read 3529 times)

LibertarianMan

• Todd Andrew Barnett's Free Talk Live Signature
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • This is me with Eyeliner lol
    • View Profile
    • Liberty Cap Talk Live - BlogTalkRadio.com

I think everyone should read this. Let me know what you think. I'm withholding my opinion on here (and I've already expressed it on my sleeves on Facebook more than enough) until I see some traffic beginning and responding to this post.

"Open Letter to the Free State Project Board" by Christopher Cantwell

URL: http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/04/17/open-letter-free-state-project-board/
Yours in Liberty,

Todd Andrew Barnett
Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett and James Landrith, Jr.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/libertycaptalklive

Host, Liberty Cap Talk Live with Todd Andrew Barnett: The Sp

ChrisCantwell

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Christopher Cantwell's Open Letter to the Free State Project Board
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »

I'm happy to answer any questions...

SeanD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »

Seems like both sides are a bit full of themselves.  Since the FSP does not own Roger's and would presumably NOT involve the Police (this could well be a false assumption) how would they enforce the ban?  Use of force?  Sure they could get some to shun him but I have the idea that those that would shun are people he doesn't care to be with anyway.

As for the "People drive drunk at Porcfest all the time" defense.  FUCK YOU asshole.  Sounds like a good reason to NOT attend.  As someone who was an EMT for years let me tell you I am not willing to play Russian Roulette with my life just because some asshole thinks they still have the coordination to operate a motor vehicle while drunk or high.  This is from someone that is for full de-crim.  Your driving should have been seen as an act of aggression and you should have been defended against with extreme prejudice.

Ylisium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:54:01 PM »

Seems like both sides are a bit full of themselves.  Since the FSP does not own Roger's and would presumably NOT involve the Police (this could well be a false assumption) how would they enforce the ban?  Use of force?  Sure they could get some to shun him but I have the idea that those that would shun are people he doesn't care to be with anyway.

As for the "People drive drunk at Porcfest all the time" defense.  FUCK YOU asshole.  Sounds like a good reason to NOT attend.  As someone who was an EMT for years let me tell you I am not willing to play Russian Roulette with my life just because some asshole thinks they still have the coordination to operate a motor vehicle while drunk or high.  This is from someone that is for full de-crim.  Your driving should have been seen as an act of aggression and you should have been defended against with extreme prejudice.

HA!

There there's a poster on here (forget his name) that will call you an idiot because:

Drinking causes impairment.
Impaired driving causes accidents.

But, driving while intoxicated does not cause cause accidents.

LOL

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:04:58 AM »

I do not like Cantwell. (shall henseforth referred to as "Toolboy" by me on the rest of this thread) 1. His going to that trolls house with the can of mace. 2 I heard he pepper sprayed some girl at a gathering(I don't know if this is true) 3 He made sexual jokes about Ali Havens who is dating one of the cohosts of my favourite podcast. (and I laughed at the gag- still you defend friends girlfriends)
 I have argued with Toolboy on facebook a time or two. He was not impolite to me at all and I get the impression he is a good friend to his friends. I have to admit I tend to note and respect that sort of thing. I believe his brand of commentary brings not only people, but quality "doers" into the liberty movement. His retoric is consistant with the NAP as far as I can tell. Yes frontal asaults on DC and trying to shoot drones with a hunting rifle would be a bad idea, but Toolboys humour is to be extreme and make a point. Doug Stanhope says crazier shit and I am sure he would be welcome to Porcfest.
 When Ladiesman Curtis fucked and scorned, or just fucked, or just scorned one to many liberty chicks (guy needs to write a how-too book) He was thrown out of porcfest.... because Carla didn't like him anymore. I don't want to have a liberty movement where the in crowd is judged on their likability. Toolboy works hard and has the balls to be a little controvercial. Curtis is a player among nerds, but he also tried to do things, it's not his fault the ladies want him. (I know a few players who are not libertarians or screw libertarian ladies, they tend to remain friends after breakups with women, just a interesting aside)
 I think it is wrong to discriminate against anyone who is not actually dangerous. Curtis and Toolboy are not. Both are documented taking the high road in confrontational situations in fact. If we have a freedom movement based solely on arbitrary stuff like who likes who, we are proving ourselves to be wrong. Evidently even people who know what the NAP is will get and misuse power based on arbitrary things instead of facts and merit.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:19:22 AM by alaric89 »

FSmember1111

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »

Banning Cantwell has a feel of using peace as a club to bash people in the head, which may not be peaceful at all.

FSP is a social experiment of sort and banning people limits the parameters and consequently the outcomes that maybe beneficial for a free society.

That said, tough talk never materializes so that's part of why I'm for Cantwell to speak his mind.   I think peace should be advisory and emphasized, not a policy for FSP.

Peace is a tactic and that's obvious.   It's a tactic that didn't work because Concord Police got there tank anyways.   I hope I didn't reveal anything sacret.  I just said something most people know but won't talk about.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 02:01:16 PM by FSmember1111 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Christopher Cantwell's Open Letter to the Free State Project Board

// ]]>

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 26 queries.